Typical greenie

Because she called originally to ask about the glues because of her awesome "greenness"...

Or, as I said above, she asked about the glues to protect her indoor environment (formaldehyde based glues can be nasty) and couldn't care less about the environment in general.

It's just as likely as any other scenario. And she can throw out all the boards she wants without the Chappys of the world getting the vapors

Its pretty clear she didn't order the short boards that she stated she didn't want.
No, it is only clear that when they were delivered and she saw that some were there, she didn't want them and wanted them to be gone.

Or, as I said above, she asked about the glues to protect her indoor environment (formaldehyde based glues can be nasty) and couldn't care less about the environment in general.

It's just as likely as any other scenario. And she can throw out all the boards she wants without the Chappys of the world getting the vapors
It wasn't about the floor glues. Read the original post.

I understand it was about the plywood glues.

What the fuck are you talking about?
They were two separate instances. He was giving an example of how green she thought she was when calling about plywood glues (not floor glues, and hardwood is NOT plywood, that was NOT about her FLOORS, get it now?), then he included a second story about how she reacted when she saw that her floor would have some short boards.

this thread fell into the black hole of literal he said she said.

Why dont liberals think its fucked up when Hollywood celebs preach about the environment but then fly in jets.

In summary - an indecisive woman picks some different floorboards.

Never let it be said that the important issues of the day are ignored.

So, because I recycle my garbage, I am a hypocrate unless I also drive a hybred car?

I am baffled. I read the original post by tinfoil and this woman's hypocrisy is glaringly obvious. DON'T call and speak of your "greenness" on one hand, then DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF BEING GREEN. If the woman made no specification about her boards, and spoke of wanting to be green, then her actions prove her to be the exact opposite of what green is. It all seems very clear to me.

So, because I recycle my garbage, I am a hypocrate unless I also drive a hybred car?
Actually buying a new car has a larger carbon imprint than driving the car you currently have. Buying a hybrid would be unlikely to help you in that, unless you drive a TON...

I am baffled. I read the original post by tinfoil and this woman's hypocrisy is glaringly obvious. DON'T call and speak of your "greenness" on one hand, then DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF BEING GREEN. If the woman made no specification about her boards, and spoke of wanting to be green, then her actions prove her to be the exact opposite of what green is. It all seems very clear to me.
It's because it was posted by somebody who isn't a D and didn't say "Typical Republican" in the title.

They were two separate instances. He was giving an example of how green she thought she was when calling about plywood glues (not floor glues, and hardwood is NOT plywood, that was NOT about her FLOORS, get it now?), then he included a second story about how she reacted when she saw that her floor would have some short boards.

I understand Damo. It's you (as usual) who is lacking comprehension in this matter. Apparently your omniscience is somewhat qualified.

He presumed that she cared about the glue used in the plywood because she was some sort of "greenie" when in reality it could be that she didn't want to have plywood made with a carcinogenic glue used on her sub-floor.

The premise that her phone calls regarding the plywood glue arose from her "greenness" is fundamentally flawed, like your assumption that I was referring to floor glue.

I understand Damo. It's you (as usual) who is lacking comprehension in this matter. Apparently your omniscience is somewhat qualified.

He presumed that she cared about the glue used in the plywood because she was some sort of "greenie" when in reality it could be that she didn't want to have plywood made with a carcinogenic glue used on her sub-floor.

The premise that her phone calls regarding the plywood glue arose from her "greenness" is fundamentally flawed, like your assumption that I was referring to floor glue.
I think it is far more likely she got the number to the plywood manufacturer from them pointing out WHY she was getting it. Otherwise how would he know she called them at all?

The reality is the evidence supports my view while yours is a bunch of attempts to protect a stranger from scrutiny that you fear to undergo yourself.

I think it is far more likely she got the number to the plywood manufacturer from them pointing out WHY she was getting it. Otherwise how would he know she called them at all?

The reality is the evidence supports my view while yours is a bunch of attempts to protect a stranger from scrutiny.

Because she probably had to tell him which plywood to use. I know you are used to your omniscience, but not everyone has that gift. Us mere mortals have to use language and other methods of communication to convey our thoughts to others.

The reality is that the evidence just as likely fits my scenario as yours but mine doesn't permit a bunch of stodgy old-timers to beat the hobby-horse of the so-called hypocrisy of greenies.

this thread fell into the black hole of literal he said she said.

Why dont liberals think its fucked up when Hollywood celebs preach about the environment but then fly in jets.

Yeah, I guess it is unusual when people try to address the actual topic of the thread. Good call.

Back