Uh-oh, Reedy Creek will outlast DeSantis!

DeSantis appointees would oversee Disney’s theme parks under bill to revamp Reedy Creek
https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/06/politics/desantis-disney-reedy-creek-bill/index.html

A special session proposal would give DeSantis control the over Reedy Creek district
https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/polit...roposal-desantis-control-reedy-creek-district

Looks like Disney's control of Reedy Creek district is doomed after all...

What is currently called Reedy Creek will continue to exist. Disney will keep its special treatment district. Remember they continue to be DeSantis’s biggest donor.

Good question. What cities did this? I know there was some screeching when the Chick-Fil-A ppl wanted to put one in the fairly liberal little enclave where we lived in STL, but the city itself did nothing to keep them out, nor did they keep out the nearby and almost-as-controversial Hobby Lobby. Most leaders put bucks and the good of the community overall, over political differences. Unless, of course, they're thinking of out-trumping Trump in the divisiveness category.

There is a difference, though, in preventing a business from coming in in the first place, and punishing a long-existing business because they spoke out against your discriminatory legislation.

Most of the Chick-Fil-A controversies have blown away and are dust in the wind today. Their COO finally learned to keep his BIG MOUTH shut, OR TOLD TO DO SO BY THE OWNER, rather than stirring up unnecessary Religious and LGBTQ controversy. And States, Cities, and Airports learned you can't legally keep them out- if they want to come in. And protests only made Chick-Fil-A more popular.

Chick-fil-A released a statement on July 31, 2012, saying, "We are a restaurant company focused on food, service, and hospitality; our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena."

In a November 18, 2019 interview, Chick-fil-A president Tim Tassopoulos said the company would stop donating to The Salvation Army and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

The problem today, is the Traffic Jams surrounding the popularity of Chick-fil-A's drive-throughs in the United States that has led to traffic problems, police interventions, and complaints by neighboring businesses in more than 20 states. The long drive-through lines have been reported to cause traffic backups, blocking emergency vehicles and city buses and increasing the risk of collisions and pedestrian injuries.

Chick-Fil-A has responded by opening up as many as 5 Drive Through lanes at their restaurants- AND THAT IS NOT EVEN ENOUGH, AS THE LINES ARE STILL OUT HOLDING UP TRAFFIC IN THE STREETS JUST TO GET IN.

I drive by their locations now and see over 100 cars in line, and just say to myself, "Crazy People- Crazy People EVERYWHERE"!

There is just no Fast Food on the market, worth over an hour's wait in line for, for me! Life is too short for that- to me!

The typical Chick-Fil-A crowds, are the very same Starbucks fanatics, where the thing most important to them is, to be seen there, NOT WHAT THEY ARE SERVING!

I don't want to be seen anywhere like that! :laugh:

Last edited:
https://news.bloombergtax.com/tax-i...-3shj2FZdNHhM8mDQbNDC6Rfkr7QlbmmB_elt0Zivm2ng

If Reddy Creek is going to be dissolved it doesn’t look it could happen until 2029. The bond holders of the $2 billion in Reddy Creek bonds have rights and the Florida government can’t to do anything to add risk to those investments. (It is spelled out in the reddy creek creation docs)
A lot of lawyers seem to have become ignorant of / unable to read contracts/laws once they became politicians.
Disney has told shareholders they are proceeding with business as usual.

What a dunce. :laugh:

What is currently called Reedy Creek will continue to exist. Disney will keep its special treatment district. Remember they continue to be DeSantis’s biggest donor.

Reedy Creek will continue to exist, but Disney won't have any control over it like they do now. That's what DeSantis just did.

Reedy Creek will continue to exist, but Disney won't have any control over it like they do now. That's what DeSantis just did.

A little more than that. They also made it so they can no longer use immanent domain, they cannot issue bonds, they must get permits form the local counties they are working in, they can be charged taxes for roads coming into the district, and are no longer a governmental body controlled by Disney.

Disney has always paid state and local taxes, that will not change, they just will be unable to issue bonds to basically give themselves loans. This also ensures that such loans taken in the past will be paid by Disney, and not the current local governments.

A little more than that. They also made it so they can no longer use immanent domain, they cannot issue bonds, they must get permits form the local counties they are working in, they can be charged taxes for roads coming into the district, and are no longer a governmental body controlled by Disney.

Disney has always paid state and local taxes, that will not change, they just will be unable to issue bonds to basically give themselves loans. This also ensures that such loans taken in the past will be paid by Disney, and not the current local governments.

All good progress, but they still have a special treatment district. That way the more they donate to a governors campaign the better treatment they get.

All good progress, but they still have a special treatment district. That way the more they donate to a governors campaign the better treatment they get.

The Santa’s got his headlines, and then now while nobody’s paying attention backs way off.

So your post where I predicted each of those things and you said that they "didn't happen" was that a bit early and didn't age well, or were you just wrong?

So your post where I predicted each of those things and you said that they "didn't happen" was that a bit early and didn't age well, or were you just wrong?

Not sure, where are your predictions? Id have to read the wording... Ill admit it if I was wrong.

My point was that they were not going to do what they said they were going to do... End Disney's special district.

Florida has some weird voters. The people were proud of Disney for decades. They took all the vacationers they knew to it. It was what made Florida different. Disney provides for hotels, motels, time-share condos, restaurants, bars and brings tourists to populate other attractions. Desantis said Disney is woke, and a switch flips and they all hate it now. Disney did not change. It is the same huge theme park it always was.

Back