Uh-oh, Reedy Creek will outlast DeSantis!

“MINUTES after his press conference where DeSantis suggested he was considering building a state
prison next to Disney Land, Disney tweeted about its PRIDE event.

“The first-ever Disneyland After Dark: Pride Nite is coming to Disney Land,” Disney tweeted at 2:30pm.””

“MINUTES after his press conference where DeSantis suggested he was considering building a state
prison next to Disney Land, Disney tweeted about its PRIDE event.

“The first-ever Disneyland After Dark: Pride Nite is coming to Disney Land,” Disney tweeted at 2:30pm.””

Where is Disney Land?

Having lived in Central Florida my entire life, I'm pretty sure it's called Disney World.

Unless you were referring to the real estate upon which the theme parks exist, in which case it would be Disney's land.

Otherwise, there is no such place as Disney Land.

Where is Disney Land?

Having lived in Central Florida my entire life, I'm pretty sure it's called Disney World.

Unless you were referring to the real estate upon which the theme parks exist, in which case it would be Disney's land.

Otherwise, there is no such place as Disney Land.

OK Karen, you are correct I made a mistake.

Why is DeSantis anti-business?

DeSantis throws out all prior Republican beliefs and pushes that it is Government that should decide the Terms of Service between business and people who choose to spend their money with them in a free exchange.

DeSantis also goes against the belief that businesses have free speech rights and believes in using the power of govt and taxpayer money to punish companies that disagree with his policy positions.

DeSantis throws out all prior Republican beliefs and pushes that it is Government that should decide the Terms of Service between business and people who choose to spend their money with them in a free exchange.

DeSantis also goes against the belief that businesses have free speech rights and believes in using the power of govt and taxpayer money to punish companies that disagree with his policy positions.

derp derp

retards love the disney model where only rich landowners vote in elections

derp derp

retards love the disney model where only rich landowners vote in elections

The citizens of Florida are the ones who love it.

I could careless how Florida and its citizens want that zone regulated and funded and if they want Disney to do it, fine with me. Ron DeSantis playing authoritarian, 'you dare to question my policies' and seeking revenge for that, is just pure fascist.

The citizens of Florida are the ones who love it.

I could careless how Florida and its citizens want that zone regulated and funded and if they want Disney to do it, fine with me. Ron DeSantis playing authoritarian, 'you dare to question my policies' and seeking revenge for that, is just pure fascist.

the citizens of Florida love the governor - that is who they showed a preference for in voting.

Disney is just a corporation throwing money around

I wonder if the FL state constitution contains any language prohibiting lawmakers from using the power of the state and of the law to get revenge against corporations and/or individuals?

It's Florida. As with all red states, they make it up as they go along,

LOL. This ignores the fact that 2 years ago they spoke of cancelling the building and the jobs as well as the fact that they are reducing content due to lower than expected subscriber counts.

They did not get rid of Reedy Creek… just renamed it.

In fact, the governing board is basically made up of the same people.

They did not get rid of Reedy Creek… just renamed it.

In fact, the governing board is basically made up of the same people.

please list the names of the previous board members and the current ones......would like empirical data to back up "basically the same people".......your claims are so unreliable that confirmation is needed.....

DeSantis-controlled Disney World district gets rid of all diversity, equity and inclu

DeSantis-controlled Disney World district gets rid of all diversity, equity and inclusion programs and staffers Last spring, DeSantis, who is running for the GOP presidential nomination, signed into law a measure that blocks public colleges from using federal or state funding on diversity programs. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in Des Moines, Iowa, on July 28, 2023. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in Des Moines, Iowa, on July 28.Charlie Neibergall / Aug. 2, 2023, 8:44 AM EDT /

Source: Associated Press By The Associated Press ORLANDO, Fla. — Diversity, equity and inclusion programs were abolished Tuesday from Walt Disney World’s governing district, now controlled by appointees of Gov. Ron DeSantis, in an echo of the Florida governor’s agenda which has championed curtailing such programs in higher education and elsewhere. The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District said in a statement that its diversity, equity and inclusion committee would be eliminated, as would any job duties connected to it. Also axed were initiatives left over from when the district was controlled by Disney supporters, which awarded contracts based on goals of achieving racial or gender parity.

pbsnews.org

DeSantis won and Disney and Reedy Creek lost.

DeSantis outlasted Reedy Creek.

Disney still has a special district, renamed to give DiSantis cover. You guys were so sure against special districts... I said he would not end it, and he did not.

Now DiSantis's political career is dead, Disney lives.

Disney still has a special district, renamed to give DiSantis cover. You guys were so sure against special districts... I said he would not end it, and he did not.

Now DiSantis's political career is dead, Disney lives.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20240208_112739.jpg
    20240208_112739.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 22
Good question. What cities did this? I know there was some screeching when the Chick-Fil-A ppl wanted to put one in the fairly liberal little enclave where we lived in STL, but the city itself did nothing to keep them out, nor did they keep out the nearby and almost-as-controversial Hobby Lobby. Most leaders put bucks and the good of the community overall, over political differences. Unless, of course, they're thinking of out-trumping Trump in the divisiveness category.

There is a difference, though, in preventing a business from coming in in the first place, and punishing a long-existing business because they spoke out against your discriminatory legislation.
And what difference would that be, oh liberal one?

Back