Ukraine invades Russia

Highly unlikely that you are as dumb as you claim....constant Ukrainian terrorism against Russian non military citizens has functionally all of Russia behind the SMO......the arguments are over tactics and how far to go.

Hell even a large portion of those who left Russia at the beginning have come back.
But... why did the Russians allow the Zelenskiys into Russia?
I know. It's a difficult question.

Yeah but......................Yuke neo-Nazis wanna be Europeans, right ?
As have Lithuanians, Estonianans and Latvians. Why is that?
Western countries abandoned their colonies decades ago.
This is the trend. Putin and his cronies are swimming upstream.

As have Lithuanians, Estonianans and Latvians. Why is that?
You shouldn't assume that any transient government speaks for all its people. Politicians can be bought and paid according to what they say.
You are aware that millions of Ukrainians identify with the Russians ? The notion that ' Ukraine ' wants to join NATO and Europe is a myth. That's why there's a war.

I sure got that one wrong....I believed in the European project for over 25 years....very much enjoyed my six years in Germany.
The Nord Stream project was a progressive idea, both politically and practically. That represented a threat to US European domination. Peace and European prosperity were sacrificed on the altar of US capitalism.

You shouldn't assume that any transient government speaks for all its people. Politicians can be bought and paid according to what they say.
You are aware that millions of Ukrainians identify with the Russians ? The notion that ' Ukraine ' wants to join NATO and Europe is a myth. That's why there's a war.
Then why isn’t it a civil war?

The Nord Stream project was a progressive idea, both politically and practically. That represented a threat to US European domination. Peace and European prosperity were sacrificed on the altar of US capitalism.
My grapevine tends to think that America does not want any competition (true) and so set out to destroy Europe seeing our so called allies as a threat. .......but that this is not about money.....this is about power.....this is about Americas need to be tyrannical.

Its a mental condition.

Then why isn’t it a civil war?
It was. Back in 2014 John McCain- and other undesirables- fomented a coup to oust the Russia-friendly president. He fled. The Azov brigades- neo-Nazis as the Russians call them- attacked the eastern regions of Russia-friendly Ukraine for eight years, killing many thousands.

It was. Back in 2014 John McCain- and other undesirables- fomented a coup to oust the Russia-friendly president. He fled. The Azov brigades- neo-Nazis as the Russians call them- attacked the eastern regions of Russia-friendly Ukraine for eight years, killing many thousands.
They were also letting Russian speaking areas rot....the taxes raised in the Russian areas were sent out of the Russian areas.

They were also letting Russian speaking areas rot....the taxes raised in the Russian areas were sent out of the Russian areas.
Countries that were former colonies of Russia HATE Russians. Russia tried to Russify them for decades after WWII.
Didja see what Latvia is now doing?

You make my point. Retribution for what Russia caused in the decades after WWII.
This conflict didn’t start with the Maidan Revolution.
Russian colonization of east Europe after WWII has had consequences.

You make my point. Retribution for what Russia caused in the decades after WWII.
This conflict didn’t start with the Maidan Revolution.
Russian colonization of east Europe after WWII has had consequences.
Don't forget that Churchill wanted the allies to attack Russia directly after WW2. The US said no- but the seed was sown as the Russians observed the betrayal. Sure, they used smaller European countries as buffers- but then the US did too. Germany was split between them.

Ukrainian forces have made confirmed advances up to 10 kilometers into Russia's Kursk Oblast amid continued mechanized offensive operations on Russian territory on August 7. Geolocated footage published on August 6 and 7 shows that Ukrainian armored vehicles have advanced to positions along the 38K-030 route about 10 kilometers from the international border.[1]

The current confirmed extent and location of Ukrainian advances in Kursk Oblast indicate that Ukrainian forces have penetrated at least two Russian defensive lines and a stronghold.[2] A Russian insider source claimed that Ukrainian forces have seized 45 square kilometers of territory within Kursk Oblast since they launched the operation on August 6, and other Russian sources reported that Ukrainian forces have captured 11 total settlements, including Nikolaevo-Daryino (1.5 kilometers north of the Sumy Oblast border), Darino (three kilometers north of the Sumy Oblast border), and Sverdlikovo (east of the Nikolaevo-Darino-Darino area), and are operating within Lyubimovka (eight kilometers north of the Sumy Oblast border).[3]

Russian sources indicated that Ukrainian forces are trying to advance along the 38K-030 Sudzha-Korenovo highway, and a prominent Kremlin-affiliated milblogger claimed that by 1800 local time on August 7 Ukrainian forces had advanced both northwest and southeast along the highway and are now fighting on the outskirts of Korenovo (in the northwest direction) and Sudzha (in the southeast direction).[4] The Russian insider source and several other Russian sources reported that Ukrainian forces fought for and seized the Sudzha checkpoint and the Sudzha gas distribution station (southwest of Sudzha along the 38K-004 highway, 500 meters from the Sumy-Kursk Oblast border).[5] Geolocated imagery posted on August 7 shows that Ukrainian forces captured over 40 Russian prisoners of war (POWs) at the Sudzha checkpoint, and Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty's Russia service posted satellite imagery that shows heavy damage to buildings at the Sudzha checkpoint.[6]

Ukrainian military observer Kostyantyn Mashovets reported on August 7 that an unspecified unit of the Chechyna-based 71st Motorized Rifle Regiment (58th Combined Arms Army [CAA], Southern Military District [SMD]) has deployed directly to the Sudzhenskyi Raion—generally consistent with some reports from Ukrainian and Russian sources that social media footage shows Chechen "Akhmat" units in the Sudzha area since over a week ago.[7] Chechen units reportedly suffered very heavy losses in Ukrainian attacks in the Korenovo Raion on August 7.[8]

Many strategists don't believe this use of manpower is wise as Russia is making advances elsewhere. As you know, I wanted them to do this from the jump.

Now we get to see if Putin will use nukes (he won't)

I believe they want Russians to see exactly what Putin's war is about and change their perception.

American generals are in the black about this. They are curious.
My source from Armenia and another from Georgia tell me the Zelenskiys are getting significant help from Russian insurgents.
This coming from two sources unrelated and unknown to each other.
"The lack of a coherent Russian response to the Ukrainian incursion into the Kursk region and the reported rate of Ukrainian advance indicates that Ukrainian forces were able to achieve operational surprise along the border with Russia." Hmm.
I would tend to agree. Whereas most strategists question this move, something had to assure Ukraine that it would be a success. Each day more and more Russians are growing tired of this mess.

Don't forget that Churchill wanted the allies to attack Russia directly after WW2.

Only because Stalin wanted to colonize Eastern Europe, which he did until the collapse of the Soviet empire.
Churchill did not want to colonize Russia, only keep their aggression at bay.
It would not have been wrong to go to war against Russia at that time but everyone was war weary.

Back