US Economy lost 84,000 jobs in August 2008

I did notice that he has flip flopped on the economy. Not long ago he said the economy was sound now not so much. He liked the economy before he disliked the economy. But it is only flip flopping if you are a democrat.

Yup.

Damo is becoming a human parody.

When the unemployment was under 4.5% the Dims said it was false indicator, we should ignore it, it was unimportant

Now that that the rate is 6.1% it is an indication of a failing economy, its is a very important stat to pay attention to....

Now the RISING, EXPANDING, and GROWING economy at 3.3 % is to be ignored, a false indicator.....

Dims won't allow facts to sway them at all....these pinheads must see the world through pinholes....

It's even more of a false indicator now that it was at 4.5%. They have no idea at this point how many people have simply dropped out of sight as far as the measures they use go.

"RISING, EXPANDING, and GROWING"? That's a joke. I didn't see one economist point to that 3.3% figure & not argue that it's an anomoly, and that we had better be prepared for slower growth to come.

But don't let the facts sway you, hack...

Economic growth means nothing when it's put on credit cards and the wages go to overseas workers, where they're more degraded and oppressed.

The whole republican platform is "the economy's great, people who complain are just whiners". Considering his inaction of renouncing that plank in the platform, he is culpable as a dishonest shitskank.
Except it isn't. McCain made that clear yesterday.

It's even more of a false indicator now that it was at 4.5%. They have no idea at this point how many people have simply dropped out of sight as far as the measures they use go.

"RISING, EXPANDING, and GROWING"? That's a joke. I didn't see one economist point to that 3.3% figure & not argue that it's an anomoly, and that we had better be prepared for slower growth to come.

But don't let the facts sway you, hack...

An anomaly....???

Only 1...maybe 2 negative growth quarter in the past seven years and you think its an anomaly....?:readit:

Does you know what an anomaly is?

Except it isn't. McCain made that clear yesterday.

So now because mccain said it in a speech, the republican party agrees the economy is bad, despite dishonest indicators, and intends to do something about it? You can't have it all ways, unless you pay double.

And Additionally, if their answer is more tax cuts for the rich, they're still off the mark.

I did notice that he has flip flopped on the economy. Not long ago he said the economy was sound now not so much. He liked the economy before he disliked the economy. But it is only flip flopping if you are a democrat. Christ just a couple of months ago Gramm had to quit bc he called the US a bunch of whiners.
Exactly. He was very clear on his "flip-flop" and as convention speeches tend to set the tone for the last 60 days it is clear that he is not running on how awesome the economy is. It is silly to suggest it. Whether it is a change in strategy or not, it was very clear that he is not going to play GHWB and pretend that there is no problem.

So now because mccain said it in a speech, the republican party agrees the economy is bad, despite dishonest indicators, and intends to do something about it? You can't have it all ways, unless you pay double.

And Additionally, if their answer is more tax cuts for the rich, they're still off the mark.
Nah. I'm not having it in any way.

The reality is that it was very clear that the message of his campaign is not "The Economy is Good". Saying that it is just pretense.

I may not like him or Obama, but that doesn't mean I can't see that he made it clear that he believes there is something wrong with the way the economy is trending.

Nah. I'm not having it in any way.

The reality is that it was very clear that the message of his campaign is not "The Economy is Good". Saying that it is just pretense.
The reality is the sentiment expressed in one speech means shit.
I may not like him or Obama, but that doesn't mean I can't see that he made it clear that he believes there is something wrong with the way the economy is trending.

Sure he does.

While I agree with you that things are looking more troubling now and that the jump to 6.1% is not good, your above statement would indicate you do not comprehend how the 6.1% is derived.

People do not "drop out of site".... this survey is conducted the same way it has always been. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Well to be fair even McCain says he doesn't know much about the economy.

Obviously very few of the idiots in DC do... otherwise we wouldn't have seen the national debt increase every fiscal year for the past 48 years.

So at least McCain is honest about his lack of knowledge on the topic.

So there... :bleh:

Obviously very few of the idiots in DC do... otherwise we wouldn't have seen the national debt increase every fiscal year for the past 48 years.

So at least McCain is honest about his lack of knowledge on the topic.

So there... :bleh:

Umm… you’re comfortable making that particular smiley at Soc?

Back