Were Confederate soldiers terrorists?

Diversion.

Not at all. I made a sarcastic remark yesterday morning. You took issue with it and tried all day to dismiss it with lies.

Now you want to pretend the discussion was about whether or not the fed had influence on your education.

That is not diversion, that is dishonest.

How do you define stalker? By the fact that I show up in threads and burn you to the point you have to resort to diversions, lies and personal attacks in order to continue?

Since that is the case, I suppose you might be right. :cof1:

Here's a list of accomplishments of the Department of Health, Education and Welfare was created under President Eisenhower between the time of its creation to my graduation from high school. This is directly from what is now that agency itself:

Licensing of the Salk polio vaccine.
The Indian Health Service was transferred to HHS from the Department of Interior.

First White House Conference on Aging.

Passage of the Migrant Health Act, providing support for clinics serving agricultural workers.

Release of the first Surgeon General's Report on Smoking and Health.

Creation of the Medicare and Medicaid programs, making comprehensive health care available to millions of Americans.
Also in 1965, the Older Americans Act created the nutritional and social programs administered by HHS’ Administration on Aging.
In addition, the Head Start program was created.

International Smallpox Eradication program established -- led by the U.S. Public Health Service, the worldwide eradication of smallpox was accomplished in 1977.
Also in 1966, the Community Health Center and Migrant Health Center programs were launched.

Creation of the National Health Service Corps.

National Cancer Act signed into law.

Child Support Enforcement program established.

Creation of the Health Care Financing Administration to manage Medicare and Medicaid separately from the Social Security Administration.

http://www.hhs.gov/about/hhshist.html

Obviously, zero influence on my education.

Once again, The Southern Man rules the day. :)

And here folks, is where the hot air balloon that this clown floats gets blown to shreds:

TABLE 1. Vaccine-preventable diseases, by year of vaccine development or licensure
-- United States, 1798-1998 (From CDC report)
Disease Year
Smallpox* 1798+
Rabies 1885+
Typhoid 1896+

Cholera 1896+
Plague 1897+

Diphtheria* 1923+
Pertussis* 1926+
Tetanus* 1927+

Tuberculosis 1927+
Influenza 1945&

Yellow fever 1953&
Poliomyelitis* 1955&
Measles* 1963&

Mumps* 1967&
Rubella* 1969&

Anthrax 1970&
Meningitis 1975&
Pneumonia 1977&

Adenovirus 1980&
Hepatitis B* 1981&

Haemophilus influenzae type b* 1985&
Japanese encephalitis 1992&
Hepatitis A 1995&

Varicella* 1995&
Lyme disease 1998&

Rotavirus* 1998&

* Vaccine recommended for universal use in U. S. children. For smallpox, routine vaccination was ended in 1971.

And as for education:

The original Department of Education was created in 1867 to collect information on schools and teaching that would help the States establish effective school systems. While the agency's name and location within the Executive Branch have changed over the past 130 years, this early emphasis on getting information on what works in education to teachers and education policymakers continues down to the present day.

The passage of the Second Morrill Act in 1890 gave the then-named Office of Education responsibility for administering support for the original system of land-grant colleges and universities. Vocational education became the next major area of Federal aid to schools, with the 1917 Smith-Hughes Act and the 1946 George-Barden Act focusing on agricultural, industrial, and home economics training for high school students.

World War II led to a significant expansion of Federal support for education. The Lanham Act in 1941 and the Impact Aid laws of 1950 eased the burden on communities affected by the presence of military and other Federal installations by making payments to school districts. And in 1944, the "GI Bill" authorized postsecondary education assistance that would ultimately send nearly 8 million World War II veterans to college.

http://www2.ed.gov/about/overview/fed/role.html

Like many blowhard neocons, birthers, teabaggers, Confederate apologists...Southie has convinced himself that his formative years were lived and developed WITHOUT ANY INFLUENCE OR ASSISTANCE OF THE FEDERAL GOV'T. Once convinced of this delusion, Southie and his ilk parade down the road of rhetoric they perceive as truth.......but as shown here, REAL history has a way of getting to the truth.

And here folks, is where the hot air balloon that this clown floats gets blown to shreds:

TABLE 1. Vaccine-preventable diseases, by year of vaccine development or licensure
Disease Year
Smallpox* 1798+
Rabies 1885+
Typhoid 1896+

Cholera 1896+
Plague 1897+

Diphtheria* 1923+
Pertussis* 1926+
Tetanus* 1927+

Tuberculosis 1927+
Influenza 1945&

Yellow fever 1953&
Poliomyelitis* 1955&
Measles* 1963&

Mumps* 1967&
Rubella* 1969&

Anthrax 1970&
Meningitis 1975&
Pneumonia 1977&

Adenovirus 1980&
Hepatitis B* 1981&

Hepatitis A 1995&

Varicella* 1995&
Lyme disease 1998&

Rotavirus* 1998&

* Vaccine recommended for universal use in U. S. children. For smallpox, routine vaccination was ended in 1971.

And as for education:

The original Department of Education was created in 1867 to collect information on schools and teaching that would help the States establish effective school systems. While the agency's name and location within the Executive Branch have changed over the past 130 years, this early emphasis on getting information on what works in education to teachers and education policymakers continues down to the present day.

The passage of the Second Morrill Act in 1890 gave the then-named Office of Education responsibility for administering support for the original system of land-grant colleges and universities. Vocational education became the next major area of Federal aid to schools, with the 1917 Smith-Hughes Act and the 1946 George-Barden Act focusing on agricultural, industrial, and home economics training for high school students.

World War II led to a significant expansion of Federal support for education. The Lanham Act in 1941 and the Impact Aid laws of 1950 eased the burden on communities affected by the presence of military and other Federal installations by making payments to school districts. And in 1944, the "GI Bill" authorized postsecondary education assistance that would ultimately send nearly 8 million World War II veterans to college.

Like many blowhard neocons, birthers, teabaggers, Confederate apologists...Southie has convinced himself that his formative years were lived and developed WITHOUT ANY INFLUENCE OR ASSISTANCE OF THE FEDERAL GOV'T. Once convinced of this delusion, Southie and his ilk parade down the road of rhetoric they perceive as truth.......but as shown here, REAL history has a way of getting to the truth.

Sorry Libbie, but my response is limited here to the Dept. of Education, not the Dept. of Health, so your research into polio ans stuff is unfortunately wasted.

With regard to the Morrill that granted land to the States, they didn't need an Education Dept to do that. These were in effect simple land transfers and should have been done regardless of education issues since the feds shouldn't own land that they can't use for Constitutionally enumerated means..

With regard to the Smith-Hughes and George-Barden Acts, I didn't go to vocational high school. My BF back then did so maybe you should discuss this with him.

With regard to the Lanham Act again this wasn't an education issue but an issue with the Feds making up for their impact due to some other issue, in this case presence of military installations and the influx of children of military parents on local school systems.

With regard to the GI Bill my Dad used it but I consider it payment for his service. Again its not a Dept. of Education issue.

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal

Disease Year
Smallpox* 1798+
Rabies 1885+
Typhoid 1896+

Cholera 1896+
Plague 1897+

Diphtheria* 1923+
Pertussis* 1926+
Tetanus* 1927+

Tuberculosis 1927+
Influenza 1945&

Yellow fever 1953&
Poliomyelitis* 1955&
Measles* 1963&

Mumps* 1967&
Rubella* 1969&

Anthrax 1970&
Meningitis 1975&
Pneumonia 1977&

Adenovirus 1980&
Hepatitis B* 1981&

Hepatitis A 1995&

Varicella* 1995&
Lyme disease 1998&

Rotavirus* 1998&

And as for education:

Sorry Libbie, but my response is limited here to the Dept. of Education, not the Dept. of Health, so your research into polio ans stuff is unfortunately wasted.

With regard to the Morrill that granted land to the States, they didn't need an Education Dept to do that. These were in effect simple land transfers and should have been done regardless of education issues since the feds shouldn't own land that they can't use for Constitutionally enumerated means..

With regard to the Smith-Hughes and George-Barden Acts, I didn't go to vocational high school. My BF back then did so maybe you should discuss this with him.

With regard to the Lanham Act again this wasn't an education issue but an issue with the Feds making up for their impact due to some other issue, in this case presence of military installations and the influx of children of military parents on local school systems.

With regard to the GI Bill my Dad used it but I consider it payment for his service. Again its not a Dept. of Education issue.

Bottom line: the fact based information I provided shows that the Federal gov't had a system that affected the status of the public school system IN EVERY STATE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN. You attended a public school from FIRST grade on, the standard of education at the school in that state was subsidized and regulated by the Federal gov't. Period. You can't BS around that FACT.

The information regarding immunization was addressing previous assertions by you on this thread. There too, you try to pretend the Fed had nothing to do with your life in that regard...there too, you are proven wrong by simple historical fact.

Bottom line: the fact based information I provided shows that the Federal gov't had a system that affected the status of the public school system IN EVERY STATE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN. You attended a public school from FIRST grade on, the standard of education at the school in that state was subsidized and regulated by the Federal gov't. Period. You can't BS around that FACT.

The information regarding immunization was addressing previous assertions by you on this thread. There too, you try to pretend the Fed had nothing to do with your life in that regard...there too, you are proven wrong by simple historical fact.

Bottom line Libbie is that or every Act that you named I showed that it didn't benefit my education. The one possible exception may be the Morrill Act but as I stated earlier the feds didn't need an Education Dept to do that.

Bottom line Libbie is that or every Act that you named I showed that it didn't benefit my education. The one possible exception may be the Morrill Act but as I stated earlier the feds didn't need an Education Dept to do that.

You're full of it.....because YOU attended public school.....grade school, to be exact...and THAT was under Fed guidelines by a system of standards that was established LONG before you were born. Same thing with high school. But do continue to pretend otherwise.....your delusion is pathetic.

You're full of it.....because YOU attended public school.....grade school, to be exact...and THAT was under Fed guidelines by a system of standards that was established LONG before you were born. Same thing with high school. But do continue to pretend otherwise.....your delusion is pathetic.
Please elaborate.

Please elaborate.

Get an adult to explain it to you....then continue to play dumb and/or deny historical fact. At this point, I could care less:

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showpost.php?p=636647&postcount=311

Back