What defines a Christian?

iq-and-religion-big.jpg

oh look.....someone gave an atheist crayons....

No.. KJV

The Servant songs (also called the Servant poems or the Songs of the Suffering Servant) are four songs in the Book of Isaiah in the Hebrew Bible, which include Isaiah 42:1-4; Isaiah 49:1-6; Isaiah 50:4-7; and Isaiah 52:13-53:12.
so its just your errors in interpretation.......happens to atheists everywhere.....

The key point about Christians is that only a tiny minority are Americans. McCarthy banned 'em, I believe.

Last edited:
No.. KJV

The Servant songs (also called the Servant poems or the Songs of the Suffering Servant) are four songs in the Book of Isaiah in the Hebrew Bible, which include Isaiah 42:1-4; Isaiah 49:1-6; Isaiah 50:4-7; and Isaiah 52:13-53:12.
any particular reason you avoided Isaiah 53?.....you know....the part that says the suffering servant will die to save us from our transgressions?.....did Israel do that too?.....

Last edited:
any particular reason you avoided Isaiah 53?.....you know....the part that says the suffering servant will die to save us from our transgressions?.....did Israel do that too?.....

You really do have a reading problem.

Here's what I wrote and you answered.

No.. KJV

Isaiah described the nation of Israel as God's servant who at times suffered because of its relationship to God but would one day be vindicated, one day be restored from captivity.

third time.....Isaiah said the suffering servant died to save us from our transgressions......when did the nation of Israel die for me?.......

third time.....Isaiah said the suffering servant died to save us from our transgressions......when did the nation of Israel die for me?.......

Isaiah was talking about the end of the Babylonian exile.. The exiles had been servants in Babylon and were very oppressed.

look at verses 1 and 2 of Isaiah 40.

"Comfort, O comfort My people," says your God.
"Speak kindly to Jerusalem; And call out to her, that her warfare has ended,
[Though she was still in servitude to the Babylonian empire.]
That her iniquity has been removed,
That she has received of the Lord's hand Double for all her sins.

This is the first word of comfort that Isaiah addresses to his people. You have been forgiven of all your sins. It was the sins of Judah that drove her into exile, and Isaiah says those sins have been forgiven.

Iaiah 53:1 Who has believed our message

not kudzu......

He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

are you claiming this was the nation of Israel?......

This is Israel..

He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

really?......when did Israel get pierced for MY transgressions?.....when did Israel take up my pain?....

really?......when did Israel get pierced for MY transgressions?.....

“But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you” (Isa. 41:8–9). Notice that here the servant consists of the descendants (plural) of Abraham.
• “ ‘You are my witnesses,’ declares the Lord, ‘and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me’ ” (Isa. 43:10). God clearly identifies his servant as his witnesses (plural).
At times, however, this servant is nonresponsive to the purposes of God:
• “Hear, you deaf; look, you blind, and see! Who is blind but my servant, and deaf like the messenger I send? Who is blind like the one committed to me, blind like the servant of the Lord? You have seen many things, but have paid no attention; your ears are open, but you hear nothing” (Isa. 42:18–20).
In fact, even as God’s servant—the Jewish people—is being led out of Babylonian exile, the servant is still deaf and blind: “Lead out those who have eyes but are blind, who have ears but are deaf” (Isa. 43:8). This hardly sounds like the righteous servant of the Lord who elsewhere opens the eyes of the blind. The contrast is quite stark:
• “Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations.… I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness” (Isa. 42:1, 6–7).

“But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you” (Isa. 41:8–9). Notice that here the servant consists of the descendants (plural) of Abraham.
• “ ‘You are my witnesses,’ declares the Lord, ‘and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me’ ” (Isa. 43:10). God clearly identifies his servant as his witnesses (plural).
At times, however, this servant is nonresponsive to the purposes of God:
• “Hear, you deaf; look, you blind, and see! Who is blind but my servant, and deaf like the messenger I send? Who is blind like the one committed to me, blind like the servant of the Lord? You have seen many things, but have paid no attention; your ears are open, but you hear nothing” (Isa. 42:18–20).
In fact, even as God’s servant—the Jewish people—is being led out of Babylonian exile, the servant is still deaf and blind: “Lead out those who have eyes but are blind, who have ears but are deaf” (Isa. 43:8). This hardly sounds like the righteous servant of the Lord who elsewhere opens the eyes of the blind. The contrast is quite stark:
• “Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations.… I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness” (Isa. 42:1, 6–7).

not seeing any piercing in there.......sorry......

Back