What Is A Woman?

Okay.

Why did they ask her that dumb question? What relevancy does it have to do with anything?

I cant answer for other people and never will. I can however tell you why I would have asked the question, which isnt dumb. I would have wanted to see if she could tell the truth or would be more inclined to cave to popular opinion. I got my answer and she looked really really stupid giving it.

Can you define the word "woman" without using the word "woman"?

The Dictionary defines a woman as: An adult human female.

Adult human female works for me.

OTOH, as a nation of laws, specifically the 14th Amendment Equal Protection Clause, I can see how the definition can be muddied. Notice "woman" isn't mentioned in the Constitution.

Another reason I'm not a lawyer. LOL

I cant answer for other people and never will. I can however tell you why I would have asked the question, which isnt dumb. I would have wanted to see if she could tell the truth or would be more inclined to cave to popular opinion. I got my answer and she looked really really stupid giving it.

What popular opinion would that be? Did she express that popular opinion?

Adult human female works for me.

OTOH, as a nation of laws, specifically the 14th Amendment Equal Protection Clause, I can see how the definition can be muddied. Notice "woman" isn't mentioned in the Constitution.

Another reason I'm not a lawyer. LOL

The Constitution was written for the elite wealthy white Men.

FACT.

(Ignore the fact that they wore makeups and dresses)

The intent of the questioner is irrelevant to the validity of the answer. If she spoke the truth and they tried to trap her as a result, that would be on them.

Instead she said she couldnt answer because shes not a biologist. That's just utter stupidity and apparently she will make decisions based not on truth but some other standard like popular opinion.
Disagreed. It was a political question of a person who was being considered for an apolitical position.

While I agree it wasn't the best answer, all that proves is that she didn't expect the question. She was caught flatfooted. Not a lawyer, but a better answer, IMO, is saying "The Constitution doesn't define a woman".

No, they don’t.
https://medicine.yale.edu/news-article/what-do-we-mean-by-sex-and-gender/

“What do we mean by sex and gender? Aren’t these terms interchangeable? Perhaps at some point in time they were used as synonyms, but this is no longer true in science.”
There are two sexes, one can carry and bear a child and one can't.

It really is...that simple.

All the semantics games and definitions in the world will not change that fact. Freaks that "feel" like a woman cannot reproduce.

What popular opinion would that be? Did she express that popular opinion?

If it was 1973 instead of 2023 and someone had asked an educated person, such as Jackson, what a woman was, you think the answer would have been, I can't say because I'm not a biologist? Please dont respond with something stupid.

If it was 1973 instead of 2023 and someone had asked an educated person, such as Jackson, what a woman was, you think the answer would have been, I can't say because I'm not a biologist? Please dont respond with something stupid.

Is she a biologist?

Disagreed. It was a political question of a person who was being considered for an apolitical position.

While I agree it wasn't the best answer, all that proves is that she didn't expect the question. She was caught flatfooted. Not a lawyer, but a better answer, IMO, is saying "The Constitution doesn't define a woman".

And, that shows a very shallow knowledge base and inflexible intellect. That is to say, a run of the mill, nothing special lawyer with nothing but a basic liberal arts degree background. A smart and capable person intellectually would have had a reasonable answer, even if they carefully kept it narrowly defined.

And, that shows a very shallow knowledge base and inflexible intellect. That is to say, a run of the mill, nothing special lawyer with nothing but a basic liberal arts degree background. A smart and capable person intellectually would have had a reasonable answer, even if they carefully kept it narrowly defined.
I didn't know you were also a lawyer, Terry. When did you pass the bar?

...or do you simply don't like her because she's Black, Strike One for White Supremacists, and she's a woman, Strike Two for White Supremacists, and, last but not least, Strike Three, she's a Lib. White Supremacists really hate Libs.

Back