What is the difference between the old and new covenant ? Frank

I believe that God created the heavens and the Earth, don't feel obliged to agree but what I believe makes more sense! Fortune tellers?

Yeah .. prophets.. They had schools for prophets in Israel.. Evidently it was a lucrative trade. Have you ever heard of Rambam?

Not even trying to do that.

You are stuck being stone-headed about your blind guesses.

No problem.

You are a nut case...but that's okay. Most defenders of religion in sites like this are.

Glad you are in good humor...because I am having a ball. So...we are both enjoying ourselves.

Great.

Yeah sure you are, I pity your non belief in my absolute God, I really do. What is your explanation, since you don't do belief for everything that is, blind luck?

Yeah .. prophets.. They had schools for prophets in Israel.. Evidently it was a lucrative trade. Have you ever heard of Rambam?

How many of them foretold perfectly the coming of Christ like Isiah did!

Chew on this!
Prophecy: The Messiah would be from the lineage of King David.
Jeremiah 23:5
600 B.C. Fulfillment: “Jesus … the son of David …”
Luke 3:23, 31
4 B.C.
Prophecy: The Messiah would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver.
Zechariah 11:13
487 B.C. Fulfillment: “They gave him thirty pieces of silver.”
Matthew 26:15
30 A.D.
Prophecy: The Messiah would have his hands and feet pierced.
Psalm 22:16
1000 B.C. Fulfillment: “They came to a place called The Skull. All three were crucified there-Jesus on the center cross, and the two criminals on either side.”
Luke 23:33
30 A.D.
Prophecy: People would cast lots for the Messiah’s clothing.
Psalm 22:18
1000 B.C. Fulfillment: “The soldiers … took his robe, but it was seamless, woven in one piece from the top. So they said, ‘Let’s not tear it but throw dice to see who gets it.’ ”
John 19:23-24
30 A.D.
Prophecy: The Messiah would appear riding on a donkey.
Zechariah 9:9
500 B.C. Fulfillment: “They brought the animals to him and threw their garments over the colt, and he sat on it.”
Matthew 21:7
30 A,D.
Prophecy: A messenger would be sent to herald the Messiah.
Malachi 3:1
500 B.C. Fulfillment: John told them, “I baptize with water, but right here in the crowd is someone you do not know.”
John 1:26
27 A.D.

The eight prophecies we’ve reviewed about the Messiah were written by men from different times and places between about 500 and 1,000 years before Jesus was born. Thus there was no opportunity for collusion among them. Notice too, the specificity.

Bible scholars tell us that nearly 300 references to 61 specific prophecies of the Messiah were fulfilled by Jesus Christ. The odds against one person fulfilling that many prophecies would be beyond all mathematical possibility. It could never happen, no matter how much time was allotted. One mathematician’s estimate of those impossible odds is “one chance in a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion.”³

:laugh: You are such a clown, a internet tough guy clown, you have yet to show me anything, that would make me even remotely question my faith. I have had better conversations with street lamps,( i was a drinker) they are bright you are not. Thank goodness you do not take Mondays off because you chase away the blues with your humor!

Have you been back to school since you stopped drinking? BTW, hat's off. My bro celebrated 37 years sober this month.

By the way...agnostics do not attempt to "prove there is no god or are no gods."

They are satisfied with being truthful...and acknowledging that they do not know.

Neither do you...but that move to be honest about it seems to evade you.

It shows because people may make fun of you for faith, you choose to not have any.

How many of them foretold perfectly the coming of Christ like Isiah did!

Chew on this!
Prophecy: The Messiah would be from the lineage of King David.
Jeremiah 23:5
600 B.C. Fulfillment: “Jesus … the son of David …”
Luke 3:23, 31
4 B.C.
Prophecy: The Messiah would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver.
Zechariah 11:13
487 B.C. Fulfillment: “They gave him thirty pieces of silver.”
Matthew 26:15
30 A.D.
Prophecy: The Messiah would have his hands and feet pierced.
Psalm 22:16
1000 B.C. Fulfillment: “They came to a place called The Skull. All three were crucified there-Jesus on the center cross, and the two criminals on either side.”
Luke 23:33
30 A.D.
Prophecy: People would cast lots for the Messiah’s clothing.
Psalm 22:18
1000 B.C. Fulfillment: “The soldiers … took his robe, but it was seamless, woven in one piece from the top. So they said, ‘Let’s not tear it but throw dice to see who gets it.’ ”
John 19:23-24
30 A.D.
Prophecy: The Messiah would appear riding on a donkey.
Zechariah 9:9
500 B.C. Fulfillment: “They brought the animals to him and threw their garments over the colt, and he sat on it.”
Matthew 21:7
30 A,D.
Prophecy: A messenger would be sent to herald the Messiah.
Malachi 3:1
500 B.C. Fulfillment: John told them, “I baptize with water, but right here in the crowd is someone you do not know.”
John 1:26
27 A.D.

The eight prophecies we’ve reviewed about the Messiah were written by men from different times and places between about 500 and 1,000 years before Jesus was born. Thus there was no opportunity for collusion among them. Notice too, the specificity.

Bible scholars tell us that nearly 300 references to 61 specific prophecies of the Messiah were fulfilled by Jesus Christ. The odds against one person fulfilling that many prophecies would be beyond all mathematical possibility. It could never happen, no matter how much time was allotted. One mathematician’s estimate of those impossible odds is “one chance in a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion.”³

OMG.. Isaiah was talking about Israel.. The suffering servant is Israel.

Yeah sure you are, I pity your non belief in my absolute God, I really do. What is your explanation, since you don't do belief for everything that is, blind luck?

I do not do "believing"...which is just a way to hide a blind guess.

I don't make a guess on whether there are gods or not.

I do not know if gods exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST...that the existence of gods is impossible;
I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST...that gods are needed to explain existence;
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't.

You ought to give it a try.

It shows because people may make fun of you for faith, you choose to not have any.

No one has ever made fun of me for "faith."

I simply acknowledge that I do not know if gods exist or not.

It is the truth.

You ought to give that a shot some time.

Nope, you’re a proven liar, in other instances, so carry on. You stated originally that it was in the 70’s, because I commented several times that you needed to crack a more recent text book.

1) prove I lied....
2) my JD degree was in the 70s.....
3) fuck yourself....

Wouldn't it have been easier (and more honest) for you to just post, "Yeah, I am making a blind guess and calling it "a belief" and I am sticking with that blind guess no matter what...and calling that "faith?"

Christian faith is not blind, its based upon the Word and its transcendent authority. Faith constructed upon Biblical Evidence is not BLIND just as the author of John declared, "And truly Jesus did many other sings in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book, but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God...…" -- John 20:30-31

Faith is a conviction that things not seen are true. The US court system has been using this method of determining truth beyond the reason of doubt since the inception of the US rule of law. Its called "PRIMA FACIE" truth. Educate yourself. ;) When truth is beyond the capacity of science to measure or quantify....such as historical truth or unobserved truth, one must use reason and logic to deduct truth beyond the reason of doubt. Thus far your ad hominem BS drabble has produced nothing that would give anyone reason to doubt the existence of an unseen supernatural realm that is superior to nature. Unless you have a Super Natural -0- meter in your pocket, just how are you to measure or quantify that which is beyond the realm of physics to measure? Produce that tool if you have one in your hip pocket. :laugh:

Conclusion: God has given up on all such reprobates, "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.....Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanliness...." -- Romans 1:18-28

As always, "It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise than for a man to hear the songs of a fool." -- Eccl. 7:5:bigthink:

But it is as my PAP used to say......its good to be entertained by the sound of your words rattling in your head so you can listen to your own words. You have wasted an entire thread and not pro0duced anything that can be objectively measured for truth, such as the words found in scripture that are read the same for everyone (if you can comprehend simple English). The scriptures are real and have existed for thousands of years....thus, Objectivity exists to measure. When the Book, Chapter and Verse are produced......there is no room for deception..

Last edited:
Back