What is the difference between the old and new covenant ? Frank

I do not need the Catholic Church to read my Bible, good boy bringing in the blind faith B.S no do it some more I command you!

You cannot even command yourself. But you are fun...and I appreciate you entertaining me.

The Catholic Church says that Jesus is god. Popes have proclaimed it from the "chair of Peter."

And you are repeating it.

You didn't get that out of the Bible...the Catholic Church gave it to you...and pretty much demands that you accdept it.

Now...be sure to come back even though you said you were not going to.

It seems you have never read the New Testament.

I have read the New Testament.

Jesus was about to be arrested at the point of a sword when Judas sold his soul for silver. He was confronted by hostile forces (Matt.26:47)

Peter then stepped between the soldiers and the Christ with the intent of striking Malchus with his sword (Matt. 26:51, Luke 22:49-50, John 18:10).

The Christ ordered him (Peter) to put his sword away (Matt. 26:52).

Then the Christ declared if protection was required from mortal men He (the Christ) could overwhelm these forces with 12 legions of angels (Matt. 26:53)

But...no such order was given by the Christ...why? Because the scriptures inform us that His death and sacrifice was necessary in fulfilling the LAW. (Matt.26:54, Luke 22:51, John 18:11).

Jesus was required to live His entire life void of sin.....What He could have done and what He actually .... did are 2 completely different circumstances.

Matthew 27:46

Around the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, saying "Eli Eli lama sabachthani?" which is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Mark 15:34

And at the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, "Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Luke 22:42

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

I am not about to abandon this thread.

Since you apparently are not going to either...I gotta wonder why you earlier said you were going to.

Ahhh...you were probably just shooting off your mouth.

You specialize in that.

I most assuredly am not an atheist.

But, if you want to insist on being wrong...who am I to stop you.

Please continue your ignorance.

Ahhh...another compliment. Imitation being what it is.

LISTEN UP: Even though I know you really want to leave this thread because everything that has to be said has already been said...

...I am instructing you to come back with a response.

YOU WILL FOLLOW ORDERS.

I was going to abandon it because you had nothing to say except blind faith! Proud of you for following my COMMAND to stay and continue to look like a fool atheist.

You cannot even command yourself. But you are fun...and I appreciate you entertaining me.

The Catholic Church says that Jesus is god. Popes have proclaimed it from the "chair of Peter."

And you are repeating it.

You didn't get that out of the Bible...the Catholic Church gave it to you...and pretty much demands that you accdept it.

Now...be sure to come back even though you said you were not going to.

The Catholic Cult has given me nothing!

Around the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, saying "Eli Eli lama sabachthani?" which is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

And at the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, "Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

Covered it!

I was going to abandon it because you had nothing to say except blind faith! Proud of you for following my COMMAND to stay and continue to look like a fool atheist.

You claimed you were going to abandon it...but from the moment you did, I realized you couldn't.

I would not allow it.

I own you, Wolverine.

You will be here until I give you permission to leave.

Covered it!

As I've shown...Jesus wanted out of that "sacrifice" nonsense.

But...you are determined to disregard what Jesus said.

Okay.

I understand.

Oh...and remember, I have not given you permission to leave the thread yet. So you stay right here where I want you.

And? This somehow negates God's plan of salvation in offering up His Son as the sinless sacrificial lamb? You only demonstrated the humanity of the Christ. ;) You appeared to err in completing the entire story line concerning the Christs' sacrifice. His last words, "IT IS FINISHED" -- John 19:30

Indeed the Father did abandon the Son at His last breath....why? Jesus, at the time of His death took the sins of the entire world upon His person, God cannot look upon sin in any state. Jesus lived His entire life void of sin (1 Peter 2:22), Jesus was undefiled (Heb. 7:26) "For He (God) made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that "we" might become the righteousness of God in Him." -- 2 Cor. 5:21.

It took a "MAN" to fulfill the requirements of the Law and usher in a New Testament Covenant. Christ was that Man. The Christ was not begging for His life as He demonstrated He knew and comprehended the fact that He must die on the cross......the Christ sensed the lack of and presence of Father God at the time of His death.

And? This somehow negates God's plan of salvation in offering up His Son as the sinless sacrificial lamb? You only demonstrated the humanity of the Christ. ;) You appeared to err in completing the entire story line concerning the Christs' sacrifice. His last words, "IT IS FINISHED" -- John 19:30

Indeed the Father did abandon the Son at His last breath....why? Jesus, at the time of His death took the sins of the entire world upon His person, God cannot look upon sin in any state. Jesus lived His entire life void of sin (1 Peter 2:22), Jesus was undefiled (Heb. 7:26) "For He (God) made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that "we" might become the righteousness of God in Him." -- 2 Cor. 5:21.

It took a "MAN" to fulfill the requirements of the Law and usher in a New Testament Covenant. Christ was that Man. The Christ was not begging for His life as He demonstrated He knew and comprehended the fact that He must die on the cross......the Christ sensed the lack of and presence of Father God at the time of His death.

Azazel took on all the sins of the community as well....

Yes he was fully [100%] Human and fully [100%] God and fully understood the task at hand and died anyway!

Religulous Double-Speak

This pile of white crystals is fully [100%] table salt *AND* it is fully [100%] granulated sugar. True, if you don't think about it.

If your mythological Jesus is 100% human, then there isn't any percentage left to be something non-human. Get it?!?

Yea verily, say the priests & preachers, that if we can get someone to accept this impossible dichotomy, then they will accept talking snakes & donkeys.

Last edited:
I most assuredly am not an atheist.

Wha?!? Frank, I thought we covered this label issue not too long ago.

Is the label "atheist" too uncomfortable/undesirable/what?

Either you believe in gods or you don't. Do you see some middle ground here? I don't.

If you are most assuredly *NOT* an atheist, then share with us the god or gods in which you do harbor belief.

What I said was that Jesus wanted out of the "sacrifice" stuff.

I showed where he did...IN HIS OWN WORDS.

What is it with you people?

Do the words of Jesus matter to you at all?

Oh, horse shit!

If a person "sins"...that person is responsible for his or her sins.

Are you saying that Adolf Hitler was redeemed by Jesus being executed?

It took a "MAN" to fulfill the requirements of the Law and usher in a New Testament Covenant.

Well if it did...it was ordained by a repulsive god. More about that below.

Christ was that Man. The Christ was not begging for His life...

HE BEGGED FOR HIS LIFE. Read the goddam words.

... as He demonstrated He knew and comprehended the fact that He must die on the cross......the Christ sensed the lack of and presence of Father God at the time of His death.

What he knew was...that the Romans where about to tie him up to a cross of some sort and torture him to death. That is what he knew.

The entire passage at John 1:16 is one of the most disgusting passages about any god ever made. It is more savage than anything said about the Roman or Greek or Norse gods.

Essentially John 1:16 is saying:

"I am god. Some of the things you humans do offend me. Somebody's gotta pay. Now...I will forgive you for offending me (by doing the kinds of things humans do)...but I will only do it if you first torture and kill my son."

Jesus H. Christ, Ralph...if any human you know told you that he/she would forgive any offense you made to that person, but only on the condition you first kill his/her kid...you would report the person to the police...and that person would end up in an insane asylum.

You are not talking about a sacrificial lamb...you are talking about a human being being tortured and murdered...in order to satisfy a god that you "adore", "love", "worship?"

Only someone insane would worship something like that.

How Christianity has managed to make that story seem reasonable or elucidating...is beyond sane comprehension.

So...

...you were saying???

Wha?!? Frank, I thought we covered this label issue not too long ago.

We did. And I am NOT an atheist.

Is the label "atheist" too uncomfortable/undesirable/what?

It is what it is. Some people are proud to use the term "atheist" as a descriptor. Those people are called "atheists."

I repeat: AN ATHEIST IS SOMEONE WHO USES THE WORD "ATHEIST" AS A DESCRIPTOR FOR HIM/HERSELF.

I simply am not one of them. I am not making a judgment about the word or what the word represents to people who use it as a descriptor. I am merely saying I do not use it as a descriptor...therefore I am not an atheist.

Either you believe in gods or you don't. Do you see some middle ground here? I don't.

That "believe in" is bullshit.

If you are saying, either you must "believe" that at least one god exists or you must "believe" that no gods exist...and then insist that one MUST do one or the other...I am here to tell you that is nonsense.

I can (and DO) simply not "believe" in either direction.

To be fair to you, your mistake is probably in thinking the word "atheist" means "without a belief in a god." It doesn't really mean that...although many atheists want to insist that it does. The people who do that have screwed up the etymology of the word. They claim the word came about via "a" (without) + "theist" (a "belief" in a god) = without a belief in a god.

That is not what happened. In fact, "atheist" came into the English language BEFORE "theism"...so it could not have happened that way. Atheist derived (from the Greek through the French) from "a" (without) + "theos" (a god) = without a god. (NOT without a "belief" in a god.)

If you are most assuredly *NOT* an atheist, then share with us the god or gods in which you do harbor belief.

I do not "believe" any gods exist.

I also do not "believe" there are no gods.

Some people "believe at least one god exists." I am NOT one of those people.

Some people "believe there are no gods." I am NOT one of those people either.

Immersion in living water was the Jewish way of Baptism.

The Jewish mikva, or ceremonial bath, is the origin of the Christian baptism. A mikva could not be done in a tub or pool of stagnant water. It had to be flowing through the mikva pool.

no......at the time of Jesus there was no "Jewish baptism"......there was no immersion......it was not the origin of Christian baptism and people washed their feet.....

no......at the time of Jesus there was no "Jewish baptism"......there was no immersion......it was not the origin of Christian baptism and people washed their feet.....

There has always been Jewish baptism.. ask a Jew. In fact, it is central to Orthodox Judaism.

Immersion in the mikveh actualizes the transition between the convert's old identity and his or her new one as a Jew. What physical act could a person perform in order to symbolize a radical change of heart, a total commitment? Is there a sign so dramatic, dynamic, and all-encompassing that it could ...

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/why-immerse-in-the-mikveh/

nobody gives a fuck about atheist's opinions, do they?.......

Innocent blood to ameliorate sin is an old pagan tradition whether it was human sacrifice or Azazel or goats or bulls or pigeons.. To shed innocent blood to please God or gods is pretty primitive not to mention gruesome.

Christians do not worship your gods.....

You don't know what that is, do you?

Leviticus 16:8 ESV /
And Aaron shall cast lots over the two goats, one lot for the Lord and the other lot for Azazel.

Leviticus 16:1-34 ESV
The Lord spoke to Moses after the death of the two sons of Aaron, when they drew near before the Lord and died, and the Lord said to Moses, “Tell Aaron your brother not to come at any time into the Holy Place inside the veil, before the mercy seat that is on the ark, so that he may not die. For I will appear in the cloud over the mercy seat. But in this way Aaron shall come into the Holy Place: with a bull from the herd for a sin offering and a ram for a burnt offering. He shall put on the holy linen coat and shall have the linen undergarment on his body, and he shall tie the linen sash around his waist, and wear the linen turban; these are the holy garments. He shall bathe his body in water and then put them on. And he shall take from the congregation of the people of Israel two male goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering. ...

Leviticus 16:10 ESV /
But the goat on which the lot fell for Azazel shall be presented alive before the Lord to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness to Azazel.

Back