What is the difference between the old and new covenant ? Frank

Of course he did.

Did Jesus participate in sacrifices at the Temple?

the Bible makes no note of it........it would seem illogical for him to offer atonement to himself for his own sin when he was sinless.......I don't think you should take the obvious atheist ploy of pretending he did something illogical.....

When Jesus was a baby, sacrifices were offered as part of his consecration (see Luke 2:22-24 )).

a sacrifice made by his parents when he was a child.......not sacrifices made by himself........the only sacrifice the Bible speaks of him making was the sacrifice of himself on OUR behalf.......

the Bible makes no note of it........it would seem illogical for him to offer atonement to himself for his own sin when he was sinless.......I don't think you should take the obvious atheist ploy of pretending he did something illogical.....

a sacrifice made by his parents when he was a child.......not sacrifices made by himself........the only sacrifice the Bible speaks of him making was the sacrifice of himself on OUR behalf.......

Jesus was an observant Jew... and animal sacrifice continued for a generation (40 years) after the crucifixion.

Jesus was an observant Jew... and animal sacrifice continued for a generation (40 years) after the crucifixion.
that is no excuse for you to pretend it happened......after all, you are consistently wrong about what you post regarding scripture......perhaps you would be better off if you just stopped making things up, pretending they are true.......

Jesus was an observant Jew.

he was also baptized, which was NOT a typical practice for an observant Jew......

that is no excuse for you to pretend it happened......after all, you are consistently wrong about what you post regarding scripture......perhaps you would be better off if you just stopped making things up, pretending they are true.......

he was also baptized, which was NOT a typical practice for an observant Jew......

Baptism is common among Jews..

Tvilah is the Jewish purification ritual of immersing in water.

http://remnant.net/baptism.htm

God commanded that whenever someone became ritually impure, he or she had to go to the mikveh bath in order to restore one's status in the community. The word mikveh literally meant "a collection or gathering together." Over time it came to be most associated with a collection of water (such as a pond or reservoir).

We also know this about the mikveh—the water had to be "living water" from a spring or river. It had to be running water. The individual was completely immersed under the water (Heb. tevilah). And it had nothing to do with the salvation of the person.

It was all about signifying that you had been given a new life of blessings and responsibilities in the community. In biblical times, it demonstrated through obedience that a person was spiritually clean and eligible for full privileges and service within the nation of Israel.

As a result, the availability of a mikveh has been essential throughout the history of Israel. You can still see an example of an ancient mikveh on top of Masada, the fortress near the Dead Sea where Jewish zealots fled from the Romans and ultimately perished in the late First Century.

http://remnant.net/baptism.htm

your lies just keep getting sadder and sadder.....washing feet before entering the Temple is not baptism.....

https://www.franciscanmedia.org/why-did-john-the-baptist-baptize/

even your link speaks to the fact that the baptisms of John were an innovation......

Immersion in living water was the Jewish way of Baptism.

The Jewish mikva, or ceremonial bath, is the origin of the Christian baptism. A mikva could not be done in a tub or pool of stagnant water. It had to be flowing through the mikva pool.

I have never promised to stay away...nor NOT to respond...as you did. So this kind of thing does not work in reverse. Nice try...but total failure on your part.

You really are not very good at this. Are you new to posting on the Internet? (You may just be dull-witted, which is why I ask.) In any case, I intend to continue to toy with you.

And you WILL follow my orders.

So...tell us more about your blind guess that a god exists...your blind guess that the Bible tells you what pleases and offends the god...and your blind guess that the god is "inspiring" you. Ummm...do you think the god is inspiring you to be one of its prophets?

You make sure you come back to respond!

Now that you have responded as I told you to, and actually went back to your blind guess B.S like I knew you HAD to I own you.

Now that you have responded as I told you to, and actually went back to your blind guess B.S like I knew you HAD to I own you.

You don't even own yourself.

NEVER borrow a shtick that an opponent initiates. All you will get is a reminder that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

YOU claimed you were finished with talking to me. I ordered you back...and here you are.

I NEVER claimed to be finished with you...in fact, I mentioned that I was not finished with toying with you. So I am here because I want to be.

YOU are here because I am forcing you to come back to me...and anyone following this interaction knows that.

But...you want to continue to blindly guess that there is a god to whom you owe something...and here you are trying to pay that debt.

YOU ARE DOING A LOUSY JOB OF IT. You score more points for my side of the argument than you do for your own. You are like a hockey player always shooting the puck toward his own net.

You are a joke.

images

Yes he was fully Human and fully God and fully understood the task at hand and died anyway!

That was an interesting blind guess.

Ya know what...the first group to make that particular blind guess were the members of the early Catholic Church. Later Popes claimed the concept as being the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Interesting that you share blind guesses with them...people you seem to scorn.

You don't even own yourself.

NEVER borrow a shtick that an opponent initiates. All you will get is a reminder that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

YOU claimed you were finished with talking to me. I ordered you back...and here you are.

I NEVER claimed to be finished with you...in fact, I mentioned that I was not finished with toying with you. So I am here because I want to be.

YOU are here because I am forcing you to come back to me...and anyone following this interaction knows that.

But...you want to continue to blindly guess that there is a god to whom you owe something...and here you are trying to pay that debt.

YOU ARE DOING A LOUSY JOB OF IT. You score more points for my side of the argument than you do for your own. You are like a hockey player always shooting the puck toward his own net.

You are a joke.

images

Good boy now fetch! Tell ya what sparky, as soon as you stop responding to this thread I will, I will not take the chance that you may try to sway a young believer with your stupid old man atheism! Yes you are an atheist that is your label, wear it proudly. You will not like the outcome of your unbelief, I pity you!

Now come back with more of your blind guess B.S, and continue to do my bidding, by posting more diatribes about your self importance.

That was an interesting blind guess.

Ya know what...the first group to make that particular blind guess were the members of the early Catholic Church. Later Popes claimed the concept as being the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Interesting that you share blind guesses with them...people you seem to scorn.

I do not need the Catholic Church to read my Bible, good boy bringing in the blind faith B.S no do it some more I command you!

Seems to me that Jesus wanted out of the "sacrifice" nonsense. Begged to be out.

I don't blame him.

It seems you have never read the New Testament. Jesus was about to be arrested at the point of a sword when Judas sold his soul for silver. He was confronted by hostile forces (Matt.26:47)

Peter then stepped between the soldiers and the Christ with the intent of striking Malchus with his sword (Matt. 26:51, Luke 22:49-50, John 18:10).

The Christ ordered him (Peter) to put his sword away (Matt. 26:52).

Then the Christ declared if protection was required from mortal men He (the Christ) could overwhelm these forces with 12 legions of angels (Matt. 26:53)

But...no such order was given by the Christ...why? Because the scriptures inform us that His death and sacrifice was necessary in fulfilling the LAW. (Matt.26:54, Luke 22:51, John 18:11).

Jesus was required to live His entire life void of sin.....What He could have done and what He actually .... did are 2 completely different circumstances.

Good boy now fetch! Tell ya what sparky, as soon as you stop responding to this thread I will...

I am not about to abandon this thread.

Since you apparently are not going to either...I gotta wonder why you earlier said you were going to.

Ahhh...you were probably just shooting off your mouth.

You specialize in that.

I will not take the chance that you may try to sway a young believer with your stupid old man atheism! Yes you are an atheist that is your label, wear it proudly. You will not like the outcome of your unbelief, I pity you!

I most assuredly am not an atheist.

But, if you want to insist on being wrong...who am I to stop you.

Please continue your ignorance.

Now come back with more of your blind guess B.S, and continue to do my bidding, by posting more diatribes about your self importance.

Ahhh...another compliment. Imitation being what it is.

LISTEN UP: Even though I know you really want to leave this thread because everything that has to be said has already been said...

...I am instructing you to come back with a response.

YOU WILL FOLLOW ORDERS.

Back