What is WOKE according to you?

Its not like there is a better word currently in use for the Yearners for UTOPIA. I think we need to come up with one because WOKE implies at least awake, and these are some supremely ignorantly abusive fucks....the opposite of awake.

Its not like there is a better word currently in use for the Yearners for UTOPIA. I think we need to come up with one because WOKE implies at least awake, and these are some supremely ignorantly abusive fucks....the opposite of awake.

Do better.

That the terminology is so bad is a very strong sign that we are not going to save ourselves anytime soon.

Yes you are. Admitting the truth would be admitting you're on the side of fascism. You can't change history.

I'm not on "the side of fascism." I'm for truth in history, and no you can't change history even as Rachel Madcow does in her Ultra series.

For example, in the third episode The Day she tries to use then contemporary sources to back a claim that the Hercules Powder plant explosion in Kenvil NJ was an act of sabotage by Nazi sympathizers, etc. She's full of shit.

Hercules Powder, at that plant, has a long history of unsafe operations that resulted in accidents all the way into the 1990's. That particular one on 12 Sept 1940 (three months before the US entered WW 2) was worse than most, but hardly exceptional.

There were accidents resulting in explosions there before that one and after it to include one in 1933, several during the 40's, one in 1964, another in 1967, yet another in 1989, and one in 1994.

Were all of those caused by Nazi saboteurs too? Of course, I'm being facetious in saying that but it shows that Madcow is full of shit in making her claim on nothing but 1940 contemporary accounts that completely ignore the broader context of that plant's operations.

I'm not on "the side of fascism." I'm for truth in history, and no you can't change history even as Rachel Madcow does in her Ultra series.

For example, in the third episode The Day she tries to use then contemporary sources to back a claim that the Hercules Powder plant explosion in Kenvil NJ was an act of sabotage by Nazi sympathizers, etc. She's full of shit.

Hercules Powder, at that plant, has a long history of unsafe operations that resulted in accidents all the way into the 1990's. That particular one on 12 Sept 1940 (three months before the US entered WW 2) was worse than most, but hardly exceptional.

There were accidents resulting in explosions there before that one and after it to include one in 1933, several during the 40's, one in 1964, another in 1967, yet another in 1989, and one in 1994.

[video=youtube;SRSY2WG0S00]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRSY2WG0S00[video]

Were all of those caused by Nazi saboteurs too? Of course, I'm being facetious in saying that but it shows that Madcow is full of shit in making her claim on nothing but 1940 contemporary accounts that completely ignore the broader context of that plant's operations.

You keep up with your gaslighting, buddy. Including claiming the American Nazi's were leftists. You might even fool some of the weak-minded.

History is repeating itself with MAGA right wing nuts embracing authoritarian, bigoted dictators. I'm sorry we all have eye and ears. This shit is happening.

thumb_gaslighting-you-keep-using-that-word-i-do-not-think-62431156.png

My definition of "woke" is the belief that people are entitled to go through life never feeling offended or uncomfortable.

I am a politically left person, obviously, but I'm very much not woke.

My definition of "woke" is the belief that people are entitled to go through life never feeling offended or uncomfortable.

I am a politically left person, obviously, but I'm very much not woke.

That the WOKE are supreme narcissists is something that we should not ignore.

But then again this is not a problem of just the WOKE.

That is it. As instructed by Jesus.

It is used like a bludgeon today as if most of us were not aware though. You don’t support candidate “X” so you’re not “WOKE” (Which I interpret to be that I’m somehow not sympathetic to the plight of certain groups). It’s like I somehow didn’t realize that people of color have had it tougher at times in the US than we lighter skinned folks have. As if we are not aware that there are poor people still. As if somehow we’ve missed the fact that women weren’t treated fairly in the business or political world. And while opportunities abound for all groups mentioned, I get it … there still remain obstacles.

Something that would address the problem and help remove those obstacles in a “hand up” not a “hand out” way is something I can get behind and support. I have in the past. Neither side has offered anything lately. Perpetual government dependence is something I have seen all of my life amongst the beer swilling white trash community and I absolutely do not believe throwing money at people to be the way to go…for anyone. It is so hard for kids to break that cycle of dependence so in the long run such an approach does more harm than good.

Oh, and I refuse to apply the same sentiment to the queer groups as I apply to the disenfranchised because of race, sex and social status. There is a difference, IMO.

It is used like a bludgeon today as if most of us were not aware though. You don’t support candidate “X” so you’re not “WOKE” (Which I interpret to be that I’m somehow not sympathetic to the plight of certain groups). It’s like I somehow didn’t realize that people of color have had it tougher at times in the US than we lighter skinned folks have. As if we are not aware that there are poor people still. As if somehow we’ve missed the fact that women weren’t treated fairly in the business or political world. And while opportunities abound for all groups mentioned, I get it … there still remain obstacles.

Something that would address the problem and help remove those obstacles in a “hand up” not a “hand out” way is something I can get behind and support. I have in the past. Neither side has offered anything lately. Perpetual government dependence is something I have seen all of my life amongst the beer swilling white trash community and I absolutely do not believe throwing money at people to be the way to go…for anyone. It is so hard for kids to break that cycle of dependence so in the long run such an approach does more harm than good.

Oh, and I refuse to apply the same sentiment to the queer groups as I apply to the disenfranchised because of race, sex and social status. There is a difference, IMO.

You are more “woke” than most Trumppers.

I agree with you, in principle about the hand outs, but there are situations where it is important. We need some systematic change to combat the generational poverty, I’m all for it.

You are never going to come around on the “queer” people, but that’s okay, you are older and your generation is the last large group that will never be ok with it, and you are already such a small group on that issue you are no longer relevant. Even a large group of Republicans support gay marriage.

Last edited:
You are more “woke” than most Trumppers

Speaking of that, I have more free time than usual this week visiting the in-laws. They are in the process of watching a series of vet shows about a guy in Colorado (Dr. Jeff, maybe?) who spades and neuters for free. He also provides affordable care for those who otherwise couldn’t afford some needed procedures for their pets and on one episode he even went to care for the pets of the homeless in some city…maybe Denver? If I were a vet I think I’d do that too. But guess what? He gets castigated by his contemporaries because he often doesn’t wear a mask nor gloves. I really like this guy and though we would probably be on opposite sides politically, given the opportunity I would very likely join forces with him for the cause.

That’s the kind of effort I want to see. We see too much of the Trump at all costs and the Never-Trumpers. It seems like they’re either on one side or the other and no one can get past it. If you try to meet somewhere in the middle to accomplish some things for the good of people one side or both will brand you a RINO or DINO and try to end your political career. Color me tired of it.

Maybe but something is deeply wrong with a person who thinks someone with a penis is actually a woman

They choose to live in fantasy rather than reality. Reality is painful to them as they struggle to protect their fantasy existence so anyone who lives in reality they make their enemy.

Why is it that, throughout history, Republicans have embraced authoritarianism and anti-Semitism? MAGAs are behaving the same way, the Nazi-loving GOP did back in the 30's, along with helping the Nazis to spread their propaganda.

Republicans' appetite for hate, back before WWII is the name is it is now. Republicans can't embrace bigotry fast enough.

And I know exactly what "gaslighting" is and Republicans have been doing it for decades. Republicans are fascism's useful idiots.

Back