What's a Preacher to do?

don't throw strawmen around....

i NEVER said christians and homosexuals cannot coexist. i've had pissing matches with OCA on this very subject. i don't expect you to remember every argument i've had, you probably only remember i support gay marriage for a legal reason...fair enough, but i have never said that.

in this very thread i said i am not superior to any homosexual, i am as big a sinner as they are. i, however, do not claim what i do is not a sin. see the difference?

i've often wondered about those other commandments and everything paul said. i've studied it, talked to people and i still do not feel i have a 100% answer. but i do not go around saying those things are not sin. i don't know. some say the 613 (sans the 10) were nailed to the cross. some say the 4th commandment was changed and made into sunday, the day christ rose. the first i can see being a subject of debate, the second, no, christ kept the same day as the jews. but that is my opinion. homosexuality as see as akin to the second, it was never up for debate and in fact, it was repeated that anal sex is not good and those that partake will not inherit.

it was not an issue in that day that gay marriage was any different than gay sex. it was known that sex is sex regardless if you attach "marriage" or "monogamy" to it. the sin was not titled: you do it with more than one partner....it was a simply a sin based upon the act and it takes only one time to complete the act.

do you support incest? because the bible is against, but there are people who want to marry their brother/sister/mother/father.....do you support that as not a sin? why or why not.....they want to be monogamous in a loving relationship they want to marry.....do you support their right to do so and would you invite them to your church and tell them that it was not a sin?

some say the 613 were nailed to the cross.... but not that one about homosexuality? Either you follow every single one of the 613 or you don't. If you don't... don't be a hypocrite and condemn someone ELSE for violating one that you happen to keep. If you hold up a passage from Paul and use it to condemn gays, then you yourself need to follow EVERY ONE of Paul's exhortations and admonitions or you're being hypocritical.

AND again... what commmandment did Jesus put at the top of the list? If you work hard at doing THAT, everything else is easy.... on that hangs all the laws and the prophets.

some say the 613 were nailed to the cross.... but not that one about homosexuality? Either you follow every single one of the 613 or you don't. If you don't... don't be a hypocrite and condemn someone ELSE for violating one that you happen to keep. If you hold up a passage from Paul and use it to condemn gays, then you yourself need to follow EVERY ONE of Paul's exhortations and admonitions or you're being hypocritical.

AND again... what commmandment did Jesus put at the top of the list? If you work hard at doing THAT, everything else is easy.... on that hangs all the laws and the prophets.

reread what i posted....you missed it entirely

reread what i posted....you missed it entirely

I don't think I did. Do you adhere to all 613 Mosaic laws or not? and if not, why not? and if not, who give YOU the right to pick which ones ought to apply to men and women in the 21st century and which ones no longer apply?

Same questions for all the admonitions written by Paul.

I don't think I did. Do you adhere to all 613 Mosaic laws or not? and if not, why not? and if not, who give YOU the right to pick which ones ought to apply to men and women in the 21st century and which ones no longer apply?

Same questions for all the admonitions written by Paul.

So what's your logic here? If we can't abide by all of these we don't have to abide by any?

don't throw strawmen around....

i NEVER said christians and homosexuals cannot coexist. i've had pissing matches with OCA on this very subject. i don't expect you to remember every argument i've had, you probably only remember i support gay marriage for a legal reason...fair enough, but i have never said that.

in this very thread i said i am not superior to any homosexual, i am as big a sinner as they are. i, however, do not claim what i do is not a sin. see the difference?

i've often wondered about those other commandments and everything paul said. i've studied it, talked to people and i still do not feel i have a 100% answer. but i do not go around saying those things are not sin. i don't know. some say the 613 (sans the 10) were nailed to the cross. some say the 4th commandment was changed and made into sunday, the day christ rose. the first i can see being a subject of debate, the second, no, christ kept the same day as the jews. but that is my opinion. homosexuality as see as akin to the second, it was never up for debate and in fact, it was repeated that anal sex is not good and those that partake will not inherit.

it was not an issue in that day that gay marriage was any different than gay sex. it was known that sex is sex regardless if you attach "marriage" or "monogamy" to it. the sin was not titled: you do it with more than one partner....it was a simply a sin based upon the act and it takes only one time to complete the act.

do you support incest? because the bible is against, but there are people who want to marry their brother/sister/mother/father.....do you support that as not a sin? why or why not.....they want to be monogamous in a loving relationship they want to marry.....do you support their right to do so and would you invite them to your church and tell them that it was not a sin?

you obviously missed that part. the fact i don't abide does not mean i do not call them a sin.

you also ignored the last two paragraphs. if you want an open and honest discussion, why is it you can't answer the last paragraph? and why can't you address the second to last paragraph?

you obviously missed that part. the fact i don't abide does not mean i do not call them a sin.

you also ignored the last two paragraphs. if you want an open and honest discussion, why is it you can't answer the last paragraph? and why can't you address the second to last paragraph?

I do not support incestuous marriage. It is biologically unsound.

your second to last paragraph doesn't make any sense.

I do not support incestuous marriage. It is biologically unsound.

your second to last paragraph doesn't make any sense.

but putting a penis in someone's ass IS biologically sound? to guys having butt sex is biologically sound?

further, that has nothing to do with whether something is a sin...if homosexuality is not a sin, how can incest be a sin? you can't take away the sin from one and not do the same for the other....

the bible mentions the ACT of homosexuality, my point is, it doesn't matter if you "love" someone or not, the bible is clear that laying with a man (just one time) like with a woman is an abomination. you claimed the bible did not call it a sin if the men were in a loving relationship, that is false as the bible called it a sin regardless of the feelings, the act alone is the sin.

but putting a penis in someone's ass IS biologically sound? to guys having butt sex is biologically sound?

further, that has nothing to do with whether something is a sin...if homosexuality is not a sin, how can incest be a sin? you can't take away the sin from one and not do the same for the other....

the bible mentions the ACT of homosexuality, my point is, it doesn't matter if you "love" someone or not, the bible is clear that laying with a man (just one time) like with a woman is an abomination. you claimed the bible did not call it a sin if the men were in a loving relationship, that is false as the bible called it a sin regardless of the feelings, the act alone is the sin.

We are getting wrapped up in minutia. bottom line: either follow all 613 Mosaic commandments, and every single one of Paul's admonitions, or explain to me why you pick some and not others.
I'll wait.

What about buttsecks between a faithful man and his faithful wife? Jesus is cool with that, right? Where does he say otherwise?

What about buttsecks between a faithful man and his faithful wife? Jesus is cool with that, right? Where does he say otherwise?

absolutely.

Jesus doesn't say a word about homosexuality at all.

He says we should love our neighbors as ourselves...

and he says that we should hope that God forgives our debts only to the degree that we forgive those people who are our debtors.

absolutely.

and he says that we should hope that God forgives our debts only to the degree that we forgive those people who are our debtors.

So if I do not like myself it is not a sin to hate others?

absolutely.

LOL- 'Jesus sanctions anal intercourse between a man and wife or two queers'.

Wow you're going to hell because of that alone, never mind all the other shit you've been doing.

translation...i can't defend my point

thanks!
why can't you answer a simple question, yurt?

if you do not obey all of the commandments and admonitions in the bible, why not? And what criteria do you use to chose those that you do NOT chose to obey?

Back