What's a Preacher to do?

When anyone has a moment would they be so kind as to post the latest list of 'Top 10 Churches Preaching The Truth'?

Thanks in advance.

Baptists that I've known personally and those that I've heard preach tend to tell it like it is, Political Correctness be damned. I have no doubt that Christ is present where these folks worship. I have no doubt that Christ is present in my church, the Catholic Church.

Baptists that I've known personally and those that I've heard preach tend to tell it like it is, Political Correctness be damned. I have no doubt that Christ is present where these folks worship. I have no doubt that Christ is present in my church, the Catholic Church.

And do you think Christ, as well as being present, would be proud of the Catholic Church?

The Christ, a gnostic term and yet, it is used by Christians and not fully understood.
It amazes me.

Jesus would not be proud of the Catholic Church or most churches for that matter. He would be shocked by the huge structures. He told his apostles basically to live poor with only the clothes on their back. He told his followers to share with their neighbors and to love their enemies.

I sure don't see a lot of that going on in most churches. They all hate something. they all have enemies.

And do you think Christ, as well as being present, would be proud of the Catholic Church?
Overall yes, although like any other large institution that's been around for 2000 years it has been far from perfect. I mentioned the Baptists because unlike the Catholics in some instances they don't mind riling a few feathers.

Do you think that Christ is proud of the UCC? Or maineman

Overall yes, although like any other large institution that's been around for 2000 years it has been far from perfect. I mentioned the Baptists because unlike the Catholics in some instances they don't mind riling a few feathers.

Do you think that Christ is proud of the UCC? Or maineman

That's difficult for me to answer as i don't believe in him.

But hypothetically, how do you think Christ would react to, say, the wide scale child abuse scandals and subsequent attempts by the Catholic church hierarchy, at covering it up?

Is that better or worse than marrying some gays?

Amen to that, huh! they would probably claim Jesus was a radical Muslim.

The Christ, a gnostic term and yet, it is used by Christians and not fully understood.
It amazes me.

Jesus would not be proud of the Catholic Church or most churches for that matter. He would be shocked by the huge structures. He told his apostles basically to live poor with only the clothes on their back. He told his followers to share with their neighbors and to love their enemies.

I sure don't see a lot of that going on in most churches. They all hate something. they all have enemies.
I used to be suspect of the extravagance of the Church buildings and artwork myself until I re-read Exodus chapters 25-31.

But hypothetically, how do you think Christ would react to, say, the wide scale child abuse scandals and subsequent attempts by the Catholic church hierarchy, at covering it up?

I think he'd send all those involved in both scandals straight to hell.

oh my gosh, christians aren't perfect...charver has really shown christians as evil doers... :eek:

cause we all know that every prophet and biblical character never sinned...

:rolleyes:

As for the Catholic church just as I said of maineman there are bad apples in ever bunch

AS for the child abuse and marring gays , a sin is a sin, and they both can be forgiven, but it is my belief that child abuse shouldn't be forgiven ( but I am not god)

But is threatening someone's minor children a type of child abuse?I think so, but then again that's my belief not God's.

I honestly think most churches today are corrupt to a point, I was born and raised Catholic, then when I wanted to get married the priest told me about classes I would have to take and reminded me you must be engaged for 1 year to be married in the Catholic church, I told him I wanted to be married the next month so he told me if I donated 1400 bucks to the church he would marry me, lol

That is when I went to the Methodist church, I really liked it but then got involved more than I needed to and saw that there were clicks in the church, lol that finished me with them, I know go to a Baptist church and am sure if I look hard enough I will find something wrong there also, so I don't look to hard, up till now I do enjoy it.

In my eyes this post was to show what a fraud some preachers can be,( I knew how bad some can be before I ever saw this thread) but it has without a doubt brought many questions to allot of us

oh my gosh, christians aren't perfect...charver has really shown christians as evil doers... :eek:

cause we all know that every prophet and biblical character never sinned...

:rolleyes:

I was just wondering how one church is somehow better than another.

Have you any judgement on which particular church speaks the truth?

I was just wondering how one church is somehow better than another.

Have you any judgement on which particular church speaks the truth?

i certainly do not have any judgment on any church members. i do not believe it is for man to say which christian "church" is the absolute right or true church. unless called of god, how would i truly know? i think there are people (who really are the church) in every denomination that are true followers of christ. i believe there are plenty of churches that do not speak the truth. while they may have some kernal of truth, such as jesus is god's son etc..., their practices and beliefs have no foundation in the bible and IMO are antithesis to what christ taught.

i do not go around and preach to others as i do not feel called. as such, i don't believe it is my place to publicly preach which churches i believe are not truthful. i have found that such discussions on the internet rarely do much good and instead offends people and turns them away from christ. i have no problem questioning someone else's truth, such as maineman's false belief about what the bible says about homosexuality, but i don't believe it is my place to judge an entire denomination. if you want my opinion on some churches, feel free to PM me.

i also believe if you are going to make a claim about your beliefs, such as maineman, either back it up with your words or simply admit that you do not know enough about it and that you merely follow your church's teachings and then refer them to someone more knowledgeable. people like maineman harm christianity because they claim superior knowledge and superior ethos. unless called of god, i don't anyone should ever claim such.

Yeah, and sl they should be tortured for eternity. Humans have pretty much figured out that torture is wrong, when will god catch up?

Yeah, and sl they should be tortured for eternity. Humans have pretty much figured out that torture is wrong, when will god catch up?
My view is that if the individual is worthy then God accepts the soul into His kingdom. If not it's simply rejected, like deleting a computer file. That is unless you're a real flamer and he emails you to Lucifer.

i certainly do not have any judgment on any church members. i do not believe it is for man to say which christian "church" is the absolute right or true church. unless called of god, how would i truly know? i think there are people (who really are the church) in every denomination that are true followers of christ. i believe there are plenty of churches that do not speak the truth. while they may have some kernal of truth, such as jesus is god's son etc..., their practices and beliefs have no foundation in the bible and IMO are antithesis to what christ taught.

i do not go around and preach to others as i do not feel called. as such, i don't believe it is my place to publicly preach which churches i believe are not truthful. i have found that such discussions on the internet rarely do much good and instead offends people and turns them away from christ. i have no problem questioning someone else's truth, such as maineman's false belief about what the bible says about homosexuality, but i don't believe it is my place to judge an entire denomination. if you want my opinion on some churches, feel free to PM me.

i also believe if you are going to make a claim about your beliefs, such as maineman, either back it up with your words or simply admit that you do not know enough about it and that you merely follow your church's teachings and then refer them to someone more knowledgeable. people like maineman harm christianity because they claim superior knowledge and superior ethos. unless called of god, i don't anyone should ever claim such.

Maybe if everyone was as introspective and non-judgemental then the Christian community would be a much nicer place.

Maybe if everyone was as introspective and non-judgemental then the Christian community would be a much nicer place.

come on charver....as if ONLY christians are like that...

people were like that in jesus's day and long before that. i highly doubt YOU are as judgmental of non christians as you are christians....christians are as human as you are.

Back