What's a Preacher to do?

Your condescending, holier-than-thou attitude is duly noted.

Keep in mind that I don't claim to be a devout Christian. You do ... and your smug demeanor is precisely why I despise most churches.

According to your own words, all sin is equal. So, by your god's standards, there really isn't an iota of difference between killing a million people and jacking off.

Actually, it was you that started with the condescending attitude for no reason at all.

Remember, you attacked me without any provocation. I simply answered your questions.

Let me refresh your memory:

So what you're saying is, a Christian could theoretically kill a million people and still make it to heaven? Fascinating. Don't you think there are some things a true Christian simply wouldn't do to begin with? Like marrying a gay couple, for example. This very clearly conflicts with Christian morality. I don't think Christ ever taught that Christians can do whatever they want and still be saved.

I am speaking as one who considers himself a skeptical Christian. As for gay couples, they can do whatever they want, so long as they don't interfere in my life. Same goes for everyone else.

I just think you're being a pansy, that's all. Man up to what you really believe and stand by it.

And your next post was just as rude for no reason at all. I was simply answering your question and carrying on a conversation:

I didn't miss your post at all, smartass.

As far as I understand Christianity, those sins are forgiven if the person repents. That is what I was always taught in church. Frankly, I've never heard anyone teach that a person can do whatever they want and still make it to heaven. Seems like a rather perverse belief if you ask me.

But at the end of the day, I don't really give a fuck.

Answer my question. Can a Christian kill a million people and still make it to heaven? You refuse to answer it, because it forces you to abandon your illogical belief that no sin is greater than another.

Immie

Last edited:
Well I read as much of this thing that I could stand. Its about gay clergy actually, but at least it explains their attempt at justification. Which do you think is the strongest argument?

Why bother....the dude belongs to a cult and is ignorant of that simple truth...

Wow, imagine if they ever knew your antics, I guess there is a bad apple in ever bunch.

you are the one who claimed that the United Church of Christ is a cult.

do you stand by that, or maybe will you admit that you don't really know much about what you are babbling about?

Also, Catholicism goes back a bit further, by about 1700 years.

I see where the UCC link that maineman provided cites Catholic doctrine for its argument. In essence the UCC claims that Catholics allow gays into the priesthood as long as they remain celibate. Therefore they allow gay ministers but don't require celibacy because its too much to ask someone to do that. Its too difficult and they can't do it so therefore its not a sin. This is a blatant bastardization of an argument so I can see why a liberal like maineman would buy into it.

why do you care what I think? what argument of theirs do YOU think is strongest?
You picked the argument trying to relate slavery so I assume you thought that was your strongest argument. But you got smacked down. I'm giving you an opportunity to shine your light preacher so no reason to get belligerent.

You picked the argument trying to relate slavery so I assume you thought that was your strongest argument. But you got smacked down. I'm giving you an opportunity to shine your light preacher so no reason to get belligerent.

your entire approach to me is nothing but belligerent southern man..... who are YOU kidding?????:pke:

You could care less about my views on homosexuality...your mind is made up.

Go harass someone else.

Also, Catholicism goes back a bit further, by about 1700 years.

I see where the UCC link that maineman provided cites Catholic doctrine for its argument. In essence the UCC claims that Catholics allow gays into the priesthood as long as they remain celibate. Therefore they allow gay ministers but don't require celibacy because its too much to ask someone to do that. Its too difficult and they can't do it so therefore its not a sin. This is a blatant bastardization of an argument so I can see why a liberal like maineman would buy into it.

puritans were in America before catholics.

and your misrepresentation of UCC thought regarding homosexuality is hilarious!

your entire approach to me is nothing but belligerent southern man..... who are YOU kidding?????:pke:

You could care less about my views on homosexuality...your mind is made up.

Go harass someone else.
You obviously can't defend your position. Some preacher. :BKick:

Back