When Does Life End?

Knowing that government assistance is available, do you always throw out straw men while arguing abortion?

Do you even know what the republican platform on this is? My guess is you don't. But we'll wait for your answer anyway.

Why do you have difficulty answering a simple multiple choice question?

Until there are changes in the abortion law do you favor government assistance or forcing women to obtain the necessary funds knowing with each passing day the nervous system of the fetus improves?

Straight forward question.

Of course. Don't we all wish our natural parents dumped us at an orphanage and we were adopted. What was I thinking???

ah choice time....mommy didn't love me and put me up for adoption......mommy didn't love me and killed me......six of one, half dozen of another....same/same....right?.......

Then let me rephrase the question. Until there are changes in the abortion law do you favor government assistance or forcing women to obtain the necessary funds knowing with each passing day the nervous system of the fetus improves?

no....I don't....I favor eliminating abortion now.....

until you can afford a divorce, do you favor beating your wife every day or killing her and getting it over with......

no....I don't....I favor eliminating abortion now.....

until you can afford a divorce, do you favor beating your wife every day or killing her and getting it over with......

An accurate analogy would be do you favor a quick divorce or having to live together for an extended period in an uncomfortable situation.

Neither your thinking processes nor your analogy make any sense. No surprise.

Until there are changes in the abortion law do you favor government assistance or forcing women to obtain the necessary funds knowing with each passing day the nervous system of the fetus improves?

What do you mean? I wasn't answering a question because I was asking you one and making a point on your fallacy. Mine was yes or no, do you actually know the platform position of the republican party on this? (Not-So-Subtle-Hint: The answer to your question is in the platform, where it first promotes such programs and then brags about the party being instrumental in things like states now being allowed to extend health care to the fetus.)

If you actually bothered to educate yourself on what the position of the party is, you wouldn't be making such inane straw men arguments.

What do you mean? I wasn't answering a question because I was asking you one and making a point on your fallacy. Mine was yes or no, do you actually know the platform position of the republican party on this? (Not-So-Subtle-Hint: The answer to your question is in the platform, where it first promotes such programs and then brags about the party being instrumental in things like states now being allowed to extend health care to the fetus.)

If you actually bothered to educate yourself on what the position of the party is, you wouldn't be making such inane straw men arguments.

The only thing inane is your response. When the situation involves a woman seeking an abortion and the choices are whether the government assists her in obtaining one immediately or insists she take the time to procure the funds, resulting in the fetus developing further, claiming the Repub party was instrumental in the states now being allowed to extend health care to the fetus is an inane reply.

No surprise there.

The only thing inane is your response. When the situation involves a woman seeking an abortion and the choices are whether the government assists her in obtaining one immediately or insists she take the time to procure the funds, resulting in the fetus developing further, claiming the Repub party was instrumental in the states now being allowed to extend health care to the fetus is an inane reply.

No surprise there.
No, it isn't. Your question was whether they supported government help for the woman who would have the child.

When shown that they do, referring to the actual platform of the party, you then turn it to this.

I get embarrassed for you when you are so deliberately and obviously disingenuous. IMO, it takes a near psychopathic ignorance for you to keep going and pretending that you are making any sense.

You asked a question, I gave you an answer. You were too lazy to learn and find the answer I gave you. I then gave you the (not very) subtle hint that my answer was contained in my question.

Now can you answer the question? Do you in fact know what the republican party platform says about that financial help you asked about?

No, it isn't. Your question was whether they supported government help for the woman who would have the child.

When shown that they do, referring to the actual platform of the party, you then turn it to this.

I get embarrassed for you when you are so deliberately and obviously disingenuous. IMO, it takes a near psychopathic ignorance for you to keep going and pretending that you are making any sense.

You asked a question, I gave you an answer. You were too lazy to learn and find the answer I gave you. I then gave you the (not very) subtle hint that my answer was contained in my question.

Now can you answer the question? Do you in fact know what the republican party platform says about that financial help you asked about?

You really do have a comprehension problem. Let’s take it from the top.

I asked, “Do you think the government should provide free abortions or insist women pay for it themselves resulting in later term abortions due to the time it takes the women, usually young single women, to acquire the money?

When I noticed a couple of folks had difficulty responding I rephrased the question asking, “Until there are changes in the abortion law do you favor government assistance or forcing women to obtain the necessary funds knowing with each passing day the nervous system of the fetus improves?

You responded with, "Your question was whether they supported government help for the woman who would have the child.

When shown that they do, referring to the actual platform of the party, you then turn it to this."

The help required was specifically spelled out in my first question, "provide free abortions". The rephrased question read, "do you favor government assistance or forcing women to obtain the necessary funds".

Having read both questions even folks with minimal comprehension abilities would understand the government help was in relation to abortion funding, not extending health care to the fetus.

Perhaps an analogy would be appropriate. Being spring, one may ask their friend if they'd give them a hand digging/turning over the soil in the garden in preparation for planting and the friend replies, "Sure, I'll help laying sod so you'll have nice lawn where all that bare earth is."

Here comes the test question. Would you consider the friend who is offering to lay sod is offering to help the friend who requests help digging the garden?"

If you answer "yes", out of curiosity, how many friends do you have? :rofl:

You really do have a comprehension problem. Let’s take it from the top.

I asked, “Do you think the government should provide free abortions or insist women pay for it themselves resulting in later term abortions due to the time it takes the women, usually young single women, to acquire the money?

When I noticed a couple of folks had difficulty responding I rephrased the question asking, “Until there are changes in the abortion law do you favor government assistance or forcing women to obtain the necessary funds knowing with each passing day the nervous system of the fetus improves?

You responded with, "Your question was whether they supported government help for the woman who would have the child.

When shown that they do, referring to the actual platform of the party, you then turn it to this."

The help required was specifically spelled out in my first question, "provide free abortions". The rephrased question read, "do you favor government assistance or forcing women to obtain the necessary funds".

Having read both questions even folks with minimal comprehension abilities would understand the government help was in relation to abortion funding, not extending health care to the fetus.

Perhaps an analogy would be appropriate. Being spring, one may ask their friend if they'd give them a hand digging/turning over the soil in the garden in preparation for planting and the friend replies, "Sure, I'll help laying sod so you'll have nice lawn where all that bare earth is."

Here comes the test question. Would you consider the friend who is offering to lay sod is offering to help the friend who requests help digging the garden?"

If you answer "yes", out of curiosity, how many friends do you have? :rofl:
Again, Apple the Oh so Deliberately Ignorant. The answer is in the platform. What does it say?

Again, Apple the Oh so Deliberately Ignorant. The answer is in the platform. What does it say?

Why don't you just say rather than drag this out? Why do you like giving evasive answers? So you can twist them later on and say "I didn't say that"?

So, so childish.

Why don't you just say rather than drag this out? Why do you like giving evasive answers? So you can twist them later on and say "I didn't say that"?

So, so childish.
Because I want you to educate yourself. Now, can you tell me what the platform says about this particular type of funding? Copy and paste it, show your work. Thanks.

Have you ever seen a more confused meathead in your life....???

It never ceases to amaze me the logic used by anti-abortionists. Fetuses are human beings but, hey, if Mommy wasn't in the mood at the time it's fine to kill the human being. That's the anti-abortionist idea of reverence for life.

Thats YOUR perception, YOUR reverence for life, the DIRECT OPPOSITE of those that are anti-abortion....why say something so obviously stupid and wrong..

Forcing a child on her as punishment or to teach her a lesson is not caring about the child. That's the reasoning and that's the disdain I have for anti-abortionists.
When I see real championing of child welfare, from increased assistance for single mothers to universal daycare to free medical and dental, then I'll take the anti-abortionist "we care about the child" rhetoric seriously.

NOBODY is FORCED to care for, raise or even KEEP her baby for 5 seconds...
Getting rid of a child today is as easy as signing your name...so just can the shit spewing out of your hollow skull...A kid can be DUMPED on the doorstep of any Church or hospital without any repercussion

And a straight forward answer....NO TAXPAYER money should be used for abortion unless its for the reasons I stated previously....
and again showing your stupidity...killing a fetus at 1 day is not "better" than killing it at 1 month or 6 months or 9 months....using your logic why not say we can kill children weighting less that 25 lbs but not more....thats just as stupid as your thinking that its better at 1 month, than it is at 6 months....
Dead is dead your simpleton....

Last edited:
NO TAXPAYER money should be used for abortion unless its for the reasons I stated previously

You previously wrote, "I support abortion when a women is made pregnant against her will."

Any woman who seeks an abortion became pregnant against her will. Have you ever heard a woman say she wanted to get pregnant so she could have an abortion?

But maybe you mean that old, abused, perverted custom of a woman having to prove rape. Is that what you mean by "against her will?" If so, let me educate you. That was a custom years ago. If a woman became pregnant from a one night stand she faced a decision. Either carry the pregnancy to term or charge the guy with rape. Guess what frequently happened?

Getting rid of a child today is as easy as signing your name...so just can the shit spewing out of your hollow skull...A kid can be DUMPED on the doorstep of any Church or hospital without any repercussion.

You anti-abortionists really have a way with words. Just dump the child on a church doorstep. Your compassion for a child is truly overwhelming. And while we're on this topic perhaps you should can the shit. If you had any more in you you'd be a walking outhouse. The first thing people of your ilk would do is try to charge the woman with child abandonment.

The more I learn about the particulars of anti-abortionists the more disgusting I see they really are.

Because I want you to educate yourself. Now, can you tell me what the platform says about this particular type of funding? Copy and paste it, show your work. Thanks.

Sorry, Damo. I'm quite familiar with your tactics. Been there, seen that.

I asked a straight question. Now you want to bring in the Repub platform just in case you need an "out".

"I didn't say that." "I didn't say I agreed with all the platform." Or some other way to twist things to gain imaginary points. Nice try.

I put a question to you. Answer or don't answer. I won't lose sleep either way.

Sorry, Damo. I'm quite familiar with your tactics. Been there, seen that.

I asked a straight question. Now you want to bring in the Repub platform just in case you need an "out".

"I didn't say that." "I didn't say I agreed with all the platform." Or some other way to twist things to gain imaginary points. Nice try.

I put a question to you. Answer or don't answer. I won't lose sleep either way.
No. You aren't.

Basically I spent a thread informing you of things, you have an uncanny ability to ignore every piece of information that comes your way from a source other than yourself. So, I am hoping that pointing out what you should look for and where will help you on a journey to intellectual ingenuity rather than purposeful disigenuity. Unfortunately you are avoiding that too, no effort to remain ignorant seems to small to you.

It's cool. I fully understand your "debate" style now.

You previously wrote, "I support abortion when a women is made pregnant against her will."

Any woman who seeks an abortion became pregnant against her will. Have you ever heard a woman say she wanted to get pregnant so she could have an abortion?

Thats pretty much the stupidest thing you've said in the last few hours....

But maybe you mean that old, abused, perverted custom of a woman having to prove rape.

Thats EXACTLY what I mean....because contraceptives of today make it highly unlikely to get pregnant by accident...IUD and copper T contraception failure is less than 1 per 100...and if more than one method is used , getting hit with an asteroid is more likely....

You anti-abortionists really have a way with words. Just dump the child on a church doorstep. Your compassion for a child is truly overwhelming.

Well maybe killing the little bastard is more compassionate.....to you.

Yeah, rather than drop the unwanted kid at a local hospital, kill the sob....?
Thats quite a motto to live by....thank god you're a liberal Democrat...

No. You aren't.

Basically I spent a thread informing you of things, you have an uncanny ability to ignore every piece of information that comes your way from a source other than yourself. So, I am hoping that pointing out what you should look for and where will help you on a journey to intellectual ingenuity rather than purposeful disigenuity. Unfortunately you are avoiding that too, no effort to remain ignorant seems to small to you.

It's cool. I fully understand your "debate" style now.

My "style" is asking direct questions and expecting direct answers. The reality is abortion is legal. It has been legal for over 35 years. If ones concern was late term abortions then common sense dictates they would want their government to insure women did not needlessly wait to have one done, regardless of the reason.

If one feels that's not the case I expect them to state so in a clear manner and post a link if they know of one. That is the civilized way to debate.

Yeah, rather than drop the unwanted kid at a local hospital, kill the sob....?
Thats quite a motto to live by....thank god you're a liberal Democrat...

Rather than bringing a child into the world knowing one has no intention of looking after it and then dropping it off somewhere the solution is not to bring a child into the world.

Back