Which Poster Hates Freedom the Most?

Who Hates Freedom?!!?

• Total voters
If I am stupid then that makes you severely mentally retarded. Any reasonable person would assume that fellow restaurant patrons wouldn't light up when others are eating. These type of people don't give a shit about the health of themselves or folks around them and I am happy that their disgusting habit is banned in public places.

and this is why you have the most votes.

"After I asked him what he meant, he replied that freedom consisted of the unimpeded right to get rich, to use his ability, no matter what the cost to others, to win advancement." Norman Thomas

Because the question is so presumptuous, I allowed a vote for myself. Freedom is meaningless if freedom is only an abstraction used to defend or excuse. Freedom as a word becomes a pejorative in the hands of the wingnuts and libertarians.

"Where freedom is real, equality is the passion of the masses. Where equality is real, freedom is the passion of a small minority." Eric Hoffer

"So I try to write about irreducible human experience or observations (or just plain emotion, the value and importance of which has been vastly underestimated, completely discarded in fact, thanks to the worship of science and supposed rationality -- much the same as the power of free will has been vastly overstated, so that the captive masses can entertain the illusion of freedom). To the degree that I do contrive toward persuasion, I do so by using disarmingly plain language. But I don't try to sway readers. I really don't. I am simply an irrepressible loudmouth. The power of persuasion is what has gotten us into this mess, and besides, there are just too many screaming voices in this workhouse nation already."

http://www.joebageant.com/joe/2009/07/ideology-discussions-have-been-demonized.html

Because the question is so presumptuous, I allowed a vote for myself. Freedom is meaningless if freedom is only an abstraction used to defend or excuse. Freedom as a word becomes a pejorative in the hands of the wingnuts and libertarians.

celebrity-pictures-yoda-much-fail.jpg

I have an excellent memory. I remember exactly what you and your plump children look like. Its truly a curse sometimes.

I have an excellent memory. I remember exactly what you and your plump children look like. Its truly a curse sometimes.

My memory serves me well for, among other things, entertaining purposes. It has enabled me to point out hypocrisies in you. That is always good for a laugh.

If I am stupid then that makes you severely mentally retarded. Any reasonable person would assume that fellow restaurant patrons wouldn't light up when others are eating. These type of people don't give a shit about the health of themselves or folks around them and I am happy that their disgusting habit is banned in public places.

It is not reasonable to assume that people will not smoke in an establishment that permits smoking just because no on was doing it when you were seated. You were not denied any right to choose. No one changed the conditions of your choice. You are just an idiot who made a bad choice.

Last edited:
That's silly, they go there because they get to smoke. Much like a bar, the expectation of clean air in a fully smoking restaurant is a bit too much for us to take as a reasonable expectation. They told you that people could smoke there, you chose to eat there anyway nobody forced you into it, and you never bothered to return. That's how things work. The reality is that at a restaurant there is almost always somebody eating, it would be nearly impossible to smoke if you waited until nobody was doing so, so smokers choose to go places where they will know people will expect them to smoke.

That's silly, they go there because they get to smoke. Much like a bar, the expectation of clean air in a fully smoking restaurant is a bit too much for us to take as a reasonable expectation. They told you that people could smoke there, you chose to eat there anyway nobody forced you into it, and you never bothered to return. That's how things work. The reality is that at a restaurant there is almost always somebody eating, it would be nearly impossible to smoke if you waited until nobody was doing so, so smokers choose to go places where they will know people will expect them to smoke.
And now they can't, so freedom is enhanced. :)

And now they can't, so freedom is enhanced. :)
Unless you own the restaurant and liked the customers you attracted. Freedom wasn't enhanced, except in a myopic and childishly selfish view. You find that now that all restaurants are forced to cater to you rather than different clientèle that life is "better" for you therefore you think we are somehow more "free" with restrictions.

It's freaking Newspeak. Restrictions are not "freedom".

Back