Who are you leaning towards in 2008?

I think we still use it, and if even if we don't, we must have replaced it with something. If McCain won't use water boarding then he won't use any kind of enhanced interrogation methods. In my book, that makes him soft on terrorists. He might as well as be a democrat. In fact he's worse than a dem. At least the dems only say they are against waterboarding...behind closed doors they sign off on it and ask if it's "tough enough".

A more moral stance on waterboarding is a stronger position against the terrorists. We are strong enough to not have to sink to that level.

We need to do something about the trade deficit, and our national debt, entitlements are a looming disaster, this is all coming together driving down the value of America.

When Ron Paul goes down in flames, do you think you're second choice would be Rudy?
I will likely vote for the Libertarian candidate in the election, but in the Primary he would be a better choice than another uber-religious candidate. The hope to curb the strangle hold they have because of their primary lock in the get out the vote is a strong one.

There are a lot of Christians in this country I wouldn't expect their influence to wain too much any time soon...

There are a lot of Christians in this country I wouldn't expect their influence to wain too much any time soon...
The uber-religious version is not the norm. The reality is it is a minority of very enthusiastic people who get out and overwhelm the party at the primaries where most of the party doesn't vote.

While the majority of the populace does believe in a religion, most of them are not of the religious right variety.

The uber-religious version is not the norm. The reality is it is a minority of very enthusiastic people who get out and overwhelm the party at the primaries where most of the party doesn't vote.

While the majority of the populace does believe in a religion, most of them are not of the religious right variety.

YUP, in fact polls say that with regard to party affiliation, Christians are about evenly split when it comes to political party!

I think we still use it, and if even if we don't, we must have replaced it with something. If McCain won't use water boarding then he won't use any kind of enhanced interrogation methods. In my book, that makes him soft on terrorists. He might as well as be a democrat. In fact he's worse than a dem. At least the dems only say they are against waterboarding...behind closed doors they sign off on it and ask if it's "tough enough".

That's not the point though, someone has tipped our hand on interrogations, and that should be investigated not Bush's speech writers...

We need to do something about the trade deficit, and our national debt, entitlements are a looming disaster, this is all coming together driving down the value of America.

Dropping the sales price to make it more attractive to buyers err investors is a common sales tactic.

correct, but an alarming number of them follow the voting guidance of their uber religious members and leaders.

Dropping the sales price to make it more attractive to buyers err investors is a common sales tactic.

American manufactures have a tough time selling at the price China can with it's slave labor, and currency manipulation.

We are importing homes from China now ?

No, but I'll give you an example I went shopping for Christmas decorations, and tried in vain for hours went to many stores, to buy stuff that wasn't made in China, 80% of what I got was still made in China.

Yep we have embraced cheap Chinese stuff for so long we will have great difficulty changing the situation.

A resurgance in regionalism driven by higher oil prices will eventually suck the manufacturing back and distribute it around the USA. But that will be wuite a while. I probably will not be around to see it.

As long as it is cheaper to manufacture stuff and ship it from overseas we will buy it.

Yep we have embraced cheap Chinese stuff for so long we will have great difficulty changing the situation.

A resurgance in regionalism driven by higher oil prices will eventually suck the manufacturing back and distribute it around the USA. But that will be wuite a while. I probably will not be around to see it.

As long as it is cheaper to manufacture stuff and ship it from overseas we will buy it.

I bet tariffs to offset their cheating would do something...

You know I've been giving this some thought and you're right, look at huckabee's numbers, how on earth could so many people think he is a strong candidate, it guarantee's the dim nominee.

Yup... Finally the Republicans are starting to see this. Although Huckleberry is still up in the polls and I hope he gets the nomination for no other reason but to drive the point home!

Was Bush truely a evangelical or was he just using them?

Yup... Finally the Republicans are starting to see this. Although Huckleberry is still up in the polls and I hope he gets the nomination for no other reason but to drive the point home!

Was Bush truely a evangelical or was he just using them?
He clearly used them.

The most religious of our Presidents was Carter...

Back