Who do you like in the World Series?

I'll take the Houston Astros in six games over the Washington Nationals. It should be a good series. I believe the Astros have a bit of an edge in both pitching and hitting.

Washington Expos!

Seriously, that "little gnat" (he just never goes away!) Altuve is always on base and knocks in or scores runs. He's one hell of a good baseball player, a powerhouse hitter and seems to always be "in the mix" in close games. He deserved MVP in the ALCS.

I think Washington has the slight edge in pitching and they've shown they can hit and score runs, but they haven't faced Houston's pitching staff yet. All in all, I think they're pretty evenly matched.

I'm not a fan of either team, but I'm going with Washington because they've never won a World Series.

Washington Expos!

Seriously, that "little gnat" (he just never goes away!) Altuve is always on base and knocks in or scores runs. He's one hell of a good baseball player, a powerhouse hitter and seems to always be "in the mix" in close games. He deserved MVP in the ALCS.

I think Washington has the slight edge in pitching and they've shown they can hit and score runs, but they haven't faced Houston's pitching staff yet. All in all, I think they're pretty evenly matched.

I'm not a fan of either team, but I'm going with Washington because they've never won a World Series.

I'm rooting for the Nats to win, because, like your reasoning, their franchise has never won a World Series. But I think the Astros have too much talent for that to happen. I've always kind of liked both franchises, especially when the Nats were the Expos and the Astros of the 1970's through the early 80's. Cesar Cedeno, who played many seasons for the Astros in the 70's and 80's, is one of my all-time favorite baseball players.

Washington Expos!

Washington Expos?????? :laugh:

I'm rooting for the Nats to win, because, like your reasoning, their franchise has never won a World Series. But I think the Astros have too much talent for that to happen. I've always kind of liked both franchises, especially when the Nats were the Expos and the Astros of the 1970's through the early 80's. Cesar Cedeno, who played many seasons for the Astros in the 70's and 80's, is one of my all-time favorite baseball players.

I like that Astros kicked NY ass. ;)

HOUSTON BAYBAY!!!! Go Astros!

Are you a long time of the Astros, TD? If so, do you remember Cesar Cedeno? In his prime he was one of the best players in baseball. He was extremely fast on the bases, he had over 500 stolen bases in his career, and he had some power at the plate as well.

Are you a long time of the Astros, TD? If so, do you remember Cesar Cedeno? In his prime he was one of the best players in baseball. He was extremely fast on the bases, he had over 500 stolen bases in his career, and he had some power at the plate as well.

No; I am a long time hater of New York. :laugh:

No; I am a long time hater of New York. :laugh:

I USED to hate the Yankees, but not anymore. The only MLB team I really dislike is the Dodgers. Being an Arizona Diamondbacks fan since the team started, it's very easy to not like them. I also used to dislike the Giants when Barry Steroids Bonds played for them. Since he retired I have no negative feelings about them.

I USED to hate the Yankees, but not anymore. The only MLB team I really dislike is the Dodgers. Being an Arizona Diamondbacks fan since the team started, it's very easy to not like them. I also used to dislike the Giants when Barry Steroids Bonds played for them. Since he retired I have no negative feelings about them.

The team I hate is the White Sox. They have always been a disgrace to baseball. I'll root against the Yankees out of tradition, but, I don't hate them. Otherwise, I just root against southern teams, like the Braves and the Astros, because I dislike the south.

The team I hate is the White Sox. They have always been a disgrace to baseball. I'll root against the Yankees out of tradition, but, I don't hate them. Otherwise, I just root against southern teams, like the Braves and the Astros, because I dislike the south.

The White Sox? Because of the Black Sox scandal that happened over 100 years ago? They certainly weren't a disgrace when they won the World Series in 2005.

The White Sox? Because of the Black Sox scandal that happened over 100 years ago? They certainly weren't a disgrace when they won the World Series in 2005.

That was a disgrace. The Red Sox and Cubs both deserved to break their curses, but, not the White Sox. More recently, the Sux blew-up disco records in center field back in 1980, which started a riot.

That was a disgrace. The Red Sox and Cubs both deserved to break their curses, but, not the White Sox. More recently, the Sux blew-up disco records in center field back in 1980, which started a riot.

Get OVER it. The scandal happened in 1919! The Disco Demolition Night WAS cool, and there was NO RIOT that I heard about. It tore up some grass in the outfield and the Sox had to forfeit game 2 of a doubleheader, but it WAS cool. Please post any stories you have of a "riot" occurring because of this. And the Disco Demolition Night was in 1979.

Get OVER it. The scandal happened in 1919! The Disco Demolition Night WAS cool, and there was NO RIOT that I heard about. It tore up some grass in the outfield and the Sox had to forfeit game 2 of a doubleheader, but it WAS cool. Please post any stories you have of a "riot" occurring because of this. And the Disco Demolition Night was in 1979.

Most people hate teams for literally no reason, like payroll and losses. At least I have cited legitimate infractions.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...olition-night-devolve-into-fiery-riot-206237/

Most people hate teams for literally no reason, like payroll and losses. At least I have cited legitimate infractions.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...olition-night-devolve-into-fiery-riot-206237/

The Disco Night caused confusion and many people running around, but by most accounts there was NO violence. A major part of "riots' IS violence. There was NONE at this event, just confusion. Your hating the White Sox for this is QUITE daft and unusual. But it IS your opinion and I respect you for voicing it.

The Disco Night caused confusion and many people running around, but by most accounts there was NO violence. A major part of "riots' IS violence. There was NONE at this event, just confusion. Your hating the White Sox for this is QUITE daft and unusual. But it IS your opinion and I respect you for voicing it.

Almost 40 people got arrested by riot police.

Back