The nature to nurture others

That nature to nurture others is lacking in some humans

But most people are mostly good

A few are like saints

And a few are complete rats bastards

The Op is in the mostly good category

Mankind survives today because of the morals that are in our nature

The nature to nurture others

I think we have the free will and sentient conciousness to imagine ethical perfection, and the possibility of transcending our primal nature.

I don't think universal love, non-aggression, humility, non-judgementalism, kindness to all living things, purity of thought and action come naturally to most people. Just look at the posters on this board. It is a target to aim for, a possibility to transcend ourselves. In Eastern traditions, it is thought of as the Way of Heaven. But whatever we want to call it, it's part of the process of the ethical advancement of humans since the dawn of humanity.

So, who’s to say? My answer is ‘nobody’. Not God. Not your culture. Not mine. Not moral gurus. And not – heaven help us! – professional moral philosophers like me. We should resist the assumption that anyone has special unquestionable authority with respect to moral matters.

Moral questions are not decided by authorities or settled by fiat. Instead, in truth, we’re all sitting around in the moral fog together, trying to muddle through as best we can. Let’s reject ideas that do not stand up to critical scrutiny, regardless of who proposes them.

https://philosophynow.org/issues/156/Whos_To_Say

You're an idiot. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It's pretty fucking simple.

i would put it this way.

there is cooperation, and there is no cooperation.

the vessels usefulness is dutch's hole.
Lao-Tzu.jpg

Yes but they are not inherent therefore they are defined by people

There is a natural law that supercedes written law.

This was recognized thousands of years ago in Sophocles' play Antigone.

It was against the law to help Jews hide in Nazi Germany. But people defied the German law because they felt it was superceded by a higher natural law.

People in America helped hide runaway slaves in defiance of written law and social convention, because they believed natural law supercedes man's law

There is a natural law that supercedes written law.

This was recognized thousands of years ago in Sophocles' play Antigone.

It was against the law to help Jews hide in Nazi Germany. But people defied the German law because they felt it was superceded by a higher natural law.

People in America helped hide runaway slaves in defiance of written law and social convention, because they believed natural law supercedes man's law

do you believe that self governance and freedom from tyranny is natural law?????

Back