Who's to say? Is there moral truth?

do you believe that self governance and freedom from tyranny is natural law?????

Outright tyranny and despotism seem to be contrary to natural law. No matter how many written laws are put in place to support it, people naturally turn against it, ultimately.

Our country was explicitly founded on the premise of natural, universal rights

Outright tyranny and despotism seem to be contrary to natural law. No matter how many written laws are put in place to support it, people naturally turn against it, ultimately.

Our country was explicitly founded on the premise of natural, universal rights

yet you also believe that there are certain firearms that would help guarantee retaining that freedom from tyranny and despotism, should not be owned by the general populace.............what rationale are you using for that?

There is a natural law that supercedes written law.

This was recognized thousands of years ago in Sophocles' play Antigone.

It was against the law to help Jews hide in Nazi Germany. But people defied the German law because they felt it was superceded by a higher natural law.

People in America helped hide runaway slaves in defiance of written law and social convention, because they believed natural law supercedes man's law

No such thing as natural law.

yet you also believe that there are certain firearms that would help guarantee retaining that freedom from tyranny and despotism, should not be owned by the general populace.............what rationale are you using for that?

Your main concern seems to be owning any weapon you desire.

Freedom, liberty, equality, fairness might be reasonably considered natural rights.

Owning incendiary rounds and rocket propelled grenade launchers isn't.

Why do right wingers turn every discussion into guns?

Your main concern seems to be owning any weapon you desire.

Freedom, liberty, equality, fairness might be reasonably considered natural rights.

Owning incendiary rounds and rocket propelled grenade launchers isn't.

wouldn't freedom, liberty, equality, and fairness be better kept by people having those incendiary rounds and RPGs? or do you think that those are only for military? would you approve of the military using those against civilians in an uprising?

There is a natural law that supercedes written law.

This was recognized thousands of years ago in Sophocles' play Antigone.

It was against the law to help Jews hide in Nazi Germany. But people defied the German law because they felt it was superceded by a higher natural law.

People in America helped hide runaway slaves in defiance of written law and social convention, because they believed natural law supercedes man's law

Most humans have a natural born desire to help others

Those that don’t are broken humans and are in the vast minority

Humans seek each other’s love and approval

It’s reality

No such thing as natural law.

In Thebes, the written law and social convention was that traitors wouldn't be given burials and their bodies would be left for the birds to eat.

Antigone's brother was deemed a traitor by Creon the king, and his body was dumped outside the walls of Thebes.

Antigone believed there was a higher law that morally obligated her as a sister to give her brother a proper burial - in direct defiance of Thebean law and social convention.

I believe the duty of a sister to a brother can reasonably be seen as a higher calling which supercedes human law and convention.

Source: Antigone (Sophocles, 441 BCE)

In Thebes, the written law and social convention was that traitors wouldn't be given burials and their bodies would be left for the birds to eat.

Antigone's brother was deemed a traitor by Creon the king, and his body was dumped outside the walls of Thebes.

Antigone believed there was a higher law that morally obligated her as a sister to give her brother a proper burial - in direct defiance of Thebean law and social convention.

I believe the duty of a sister to a brother can reasonably be seen as a higher calling which supercedes human law and convention.

Source: Antigone (Sophocles, 441 BCE)

Not higher law. Just another truth that is equally valid.

Most humans have a natural born desire to help others

Those that don’t are broken humans and are in the vast minority

Humans seek each other’s love and approval

It’s reality

I think that's sounds right. The moral obligation to family is frequently considered to supercede the social convention and human law.

We generally don't hold it against parents if they refuse to testify against their children in civil or criminal trials, because they feel bound to a higher moral obligation

So, who’s to say? My answer is ‘nobody’. Not God. Not your culture. Not mine. Not moral gurus. And not – heaven help us! – professional moral philosophers like me. We should resist the assumption that anyone has special unquestionable authority with respect to moral matters.

Moral questions are not decided by authorities or settled by fiat. Instead, in truth, we’re all sitting around in the moral fog together, trying to muddle through as best we can. Let’s reject ideas that do not stand up to critical scrutiny, regardless of who proposes them.

https://philosophynow.org/issues/156/Whos_To_Say

So for this Christian Nation D-Day memorial of "Never Again" there's SCOTUS Fourth Reich July 9/11 declaration Washington, D.C. born USA citizens are Islam Nazington district of the communism of Christiananality pedophilia Federal Lynching to grant standing to Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom drug trafficking for that "man is God" Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom voting ballot theft Federal Lynching of a Washington, D.C. born USA citizen who hasn't voted since those thieving US Constitution Bill of Rights - old glory - old testament - absentee voting ballots arsonists suicidal super egos malfeasance of SCOTUS "one nation under God with equal justice under law" cognitive dissonance cross conditioned way beyond therapy sociopsychopathilogical homicidal human farming master race Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate Peter Principle pyramid scheme organized survival of the fittest fascists law of the land national religion Federal Lynching churchstate of hate fiefdom thieving navy hospital US Constitution Bill of Rights arsonists 30 years later

Last edited:
What is moral?
Supporting life
Working to encourage your other world inhabitants to be kind to each other and to live
Setting up a system that avoids harming others and encourages life
Morality really isn’t such a big mystery to me
... unless it pertains to killing living humans who have not committed any crime and who have not expressed any desire to die, then you are all for it.

Kill those living humans, right! There are only three things you need for your approval:

1. Human DNA
2. a heartbeat
3. somebody expressing a certain convenience at the death

C'mon, say it with me: kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, ...

Remember, it's your position, not mine.

... unless it pertains to killing living humans who have not committed any crime and who have not expressed any desire to die, then you are all for it.

Kill those living humans, right! There are only three things you need for your approval:

1. Human DNA
2. a heartbeat
3. somebody expressing a certain convenience at the death

C'mon, say it with me: kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, kill him, ...

Remember, it's your position, not mine.

What moral principle are you using? US law does not consider abortion murder.

Back