Why do I need 30 rounds?

Freedom often does that, leaves us with a "quandary". Either we trust government to protect us from everything or we accept the risks inherent with freedom. I prefer to accept the risks than to give up still more rights, others want to pretend they are free while they give up rights they should, IMO, jealously guard.

It isn't that I don't "recognize" or "refuse" to... It is that I do, but believe that the Right is so valuable that it is worth that risk.

Where to me, owning a gun isn't worth the risk of children dying, of anyone dying. I guess that is why we compromise.

Well, I read the government reports.
sKNdO.png

XMJW6.jpg

MZmGi.png

And from England...one of the most draconian nations on the planet when it comes to guns.
Fvty3.jpg

nsl6b.jpg

Sorry, none of those charts prove your point. Gun laws do stop the commission of crime.

Where to me, owning a gun isn't worth the risk of children dying, of anyone dying. I guess that is why we compromise.

There is no compromise with an individual right. How much of your 4th Amendment are you willing to give up? Seriously. This isn't an area for compromise. Just like I don't think we should continue to allow warrantless wiretapping in the name of an unending "war on terror".

Much like I believe that the benefits of automobiles absolutely make them worth the risk. Considering I am (yes a small exaggeration) a million times more likely to die in a car than by any of these guns, I am taking on a far larger risk with something you ignore as the larger risk, and which is used in the large majority of crimes. One was even used in the Sandy Hook shootings.

Sorry, none of those charts prove your point. Gun laws do stop the commission of crime.

So when gun laws are loosened and crime goes down here (as seen by my many charts), and when they're tightened and crime goes up (also shown by my many charts), it's somehow the exact opposite of what I claimed?

There is no compromise with an individual right. How much of your 4th Amendment are you willing to give up? Seriously. This isn't an area for compromise. Just like I don't think we should continue to allow warrantless wiretapping in the name of an unending "war on terror".

Much like I believe that the benefits of automobiles absolutely make them worth the risk. Considering I am (yes a small exaggeration) a million times more likely to die in a car than by any of these guns, I am taking on a far larger risk with something you ignore as the larger risk, and which is used in the large majority of crimes. One was even used in the Sandy Hook shootings.

You are asking me, all of it, I don't need a gun, never have, never will.

So when gun laws are loosened and crime goes down here (as seen by my many charts), and when they're tightened and crime goes up (also shown by my many charts), it's somehow the exact opposite of what I claimed?

Your claim was gun control does not stop crime. It does, The End

So you're blatently ignoring evidence that clearly shows otherwise?

No, not ignoring your charts, just don't know the criteria they are basing their information on and I would need to review them.

I just know that laws do keep people from committing crimes, this is the purpose of laws. They will not keep all people from committing crimes, but they do keep some people, like yourself. In all honesty, how many people would you have killed with your gun if you could?

how is it compromise between you not wanting guns around and me owning my own gun, for you to prohibit owning guns? where is the compromise in that?

No amount of factual evidence can reach you on this issue, we understand.

You are probably right, but I cannot show you how many crimes have not been committed because of gun laws, that data is not available, but I know that laws do stop people from the commission of crimes and gun laws stop some people from committing crimes with guns.

Last edited:
None. I don't enjoy violence. I can't even spank my cat. I don't need laws to act rightly.

Well, I will have to take you at your word, but I know people who have told me, " if I had had a gun, I would have shot her", so there are people who do not show the self control you do. I also have had several friends killed because of alcohol, availability of a gun and a moment of stupidly. I guess it colored my world and formed my position on guns.

Well, I will have to take you at your word, but I know people who have told me, " if I had had a gun, I would have shot her", so there are people who do not show the self control you do. I also have had several friends killed because of alcohol, availability of a gun and a moment of stupidly. I guess it colored my world and formed my position on guns.

Well I'm sorry to hear that, but it's better to measure a person on what they do, not what they say.

Well I'm sorry to hear that, but it's better to measure a person on what they do, not what they say.

I have no doubt in my mind this person would have done what they stated, other times, just hot air. This particular young man is doing time in one of the toughest prisons in the USA for another offense.

Back