Why do people still believe in Jesus and Christianity?

Awesome. Obviously your mind is set that China is okay but all religion is bad. Enjoy your rants.

That is the dumbest statement you have ever made Dutch.

I guess pointing out that the Catholic Church operates its own country means I'm against our religion this is odd to me, it's not what I think at all but go ahead and live in your fantasy world it's better than me trying to make sense of this stupid shit rattling around in your brain.

Enjoy your delusion.

Yeah I'll said it was the only nation that runs a worldwide religion to which you started talking about China.

What worldwide religion is its primary function does China operate?

Scroll up; the discussion was a general discussion of states with strong or complete religious influence on government. You keep bitching about the Vatican, which controls itself but not Italy. Spread your hate against Catholics all you want. You are free to advocate eradicating them like Mao and Stalin did. I'm free to disagree.

Scroll up; the discussion was a general discussion of states with strong or complete religious influence on government.
I don't need to scroll up because that's false. I know way better than you what I was talking about. It was about the only state that is also a religion.

Now do you see how stupid you are for bringing up China?

It's been obliterated by scholars for over a hundred years. We know that Jesus himself is most likely pure myth.

I think that it's important to distinguish between the existence of a pretty-well attested historical person and all the 'God' stuff that goers with what's said about him. There's plenty of mythological stuff even in the New Testament (the Wise Men from the East, the Flight into Egypt and such) but for someone with a critical training the gospels sound nothing like myth, and who on earth in any sort of power can we imagine to have benefited from such stuff?

I am someone who read all the research that agreed Galileo was arrested and threatened by the Church. One English professor dissents.
The Galileo affair was complex, and has frequently been boiled down to simplistic and polemic science-vs.-religion sound bites.

First, Galileo was primarily a physicist, not an astronomer. His work in physics continued unmolested by any religious authority.

The church's own scientific authorities (the Jesuits) took a look at Galileo's work and agreed with his celestial observations. They simply maintained that his interpretations of those observations were not necessarily proof. They were open to accepting revised views of the natural world if convincing proof were found.

The fact is, Galileo had an interpretation, but he did not have proof of the motion of the earth. It was difficult for people prior to the 17th century and Newton's first law of mechanics, to understand how a rapidly rotating planet earth could even be plausible.

On balance, the Catholic church was always open to amending views of the natural world based on the current state of knowlege. That philosophical posture goes all the way back to Saint Augustine.

The context for how things went south for Galileo is largely political, not religious.

First, Galileo was an arrogant and offensive person who made many powerful enemies.

Second, Galileo's assertions were made in the context of the Catholic counter-reformation at a time of intense Protestant-Catholic conflict. At that time, the Catholic church was hunkered down in defensive posture, and were keen to repress the Protestant mantra of individuality and repress the Protestant revolt against authority and receieved authoritative wisdom.

Last edited:
The Galileo affair was complex, and has frequently been boiled down to simplistic and polemic science-vs.-religion sound bites.

First, Galileo was primarily a physicist, not an astronomer. His work in physics continued unmolested by any religious authority.

The church's own scientific authorities (the Jesuits) took a look at Galileo's work and agreed with his celestial observations. They simply maintained that his interpretations of those observations were not necessarily proof. They were open to accepting revised views of the natural world if convincing proof were found.

The fact is, Galileo had an interpretation, but he did not have proof of the motion of the earth. It was difficult for people prior to the 17th century and Newton's first law of mechanics, to understand how a rapidly rotating planet earth could even be plausible.

On balance, the Catholic church was always open amending views of the natural world based on the current state of knowlege. That philosophical posture goes all the way back to Saint Augustine.

The context for how things went south for Galileo is largely political, not religious.

First, Galileo was an arrogant and offensive person who made many powerful enemies.

Second, Galileo's assertions were made in the context of the Catholic counter-reformation at a time of intense Protestant-Catholic conflict. At that time, the Catholic church was hunkered down in defensive posture, and were keen to repress the Protestant mantra of individuality and Protestant revolt against authority and receieved authoritative wisdom.

I do hate to agree, but honesty compels. The timing of the events mentioned in the last para perhaps merit discussion though.

I do hate to agree, but honesty compels. The timing of the events mentioned in the last para perhaps merit discussion though.

I possibly may be off on the timing of the counter reformation, but my recollection is clear that at the time of the Galileo affair, the Catholic Church was keen to repress any whiff of individuality any whiff of rejection of received authority becasue those traits were viewed to be the threat and the root "problem" with the Protestant reformation

I fully realize that the cunt can't read what I post. It's nothing more than having her prove exactly what I've claimed about her. Funny thing is she responds about me but doesn't have the guts to respond to me. That should tell you the type person she is. If you want to hang your hat on that coward, whatever makes you feel good, boy.

Run whatever test you want. I've already shown your inferiority. One by making you look like a fool and the other by pointing out your black skin color.
I don't need to scroll up because that's false. I know way better than you what I was talking about. It was about the only state that is also a religion.

Now do you see how stupid you are for bringing up China?
You two should dance together.

Your wife is coming over again tonight and we're going to do the dance with no pants. She'll let you know, again, just how much of a man I am and just how little of one you are.

Your fantasy life should be interesting to the prison psychiatrist.

You should learn to comprehend.

Earlier you told me how all the incels ignore you. I don't think it's because they're incels. I think it's because you are terrible at this.

The dumbest moron that ever lived even thanked you.

Link for context?

If calling it a fantasy helps you cope with the truth, by all mean, do so.

A psychiatrist could help you learn to deal with it but only if you're willing to seek help.

I am starting to get that most conversations with dutch uncle end up this way.

Not interested. You know exactly what I'm talking about.

Translation: I don't have a fucking clue. I'm just making this shit up as I go.

No worries.

A psychiatrist could help you learn to deal with it but only if you're willing to seek help.
Whether your agree or not, your sessions with the prison psychiatrist are mandatory just like they were for your Mommy-Sister.

I am starting to get that most conversations with dutch uncle end up this way.

Then put me on ignore like the other nutjobs do.

He's the kind of guy who thinks the reason women don't sleep with him is because they are intimidated by his confidence.

Back