Why do people still believe in Jesus and Christianity?

I have a range of beliefs, speculations, educated guesses. Not sure what is controversial about that.
While I consider some of the miraculous deeds of Jesus in the Gospels to probably be apocryphal or allegorical, I can still maintain there is a certain kernel of historicity to the NT and that as a scripture it contains higher truths acquired by genuine inspiration.

Belief does not make something true.

Religious studies~comparative religion..

Yes, that is one of those questions that trouble many..

We all know ppl that are far better ppl than most, & are not Christian, although their "actions" are in line w/ the moral/ethical teaching & tenets of love etc......

Something often missing in the politicized hearts of pampered posers...
it's a troubling conundrum for those familiar with revealed religions. Jesus did call on us to believe as well as practice.

For myself at least - who is still attuned to Christianity, while simply finding Buddhism more "helpful"
in day to day life..well I can't work it all out evenly.

My heart belongs to Jesus, but my mind is bodi (Buddhist practices ).
and that's how i've left it for years

it's a troubling conundrum for those familiar with revealed religions. Jesus did call on us to believe as well as practice.

For myself at least - who is still attuned to Christianity, while simply finding Buddhism more "helpful"
in day to day life..well I can't work it all out evenly.

My heart belongs to Jesus, but my mind is bodi (Buddhist practices ).
and that's how i've left it for years

Yes.. I don't see how we could believe or even assume we would be capable of fully understanding.

I have come to think of it, poorly, as if we were all in a big room & had a vile w/ an ant in it..

We could pass it around the room to each other, the ant fully incapable of not only understanding her own predicament but ours as well.

Thoughts, emotions, forethought, even sight-seeing us in our entirety unfathomable..

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. 9“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.10

A great quote from the Old Testament's Isaiah, but don't forget that Republican Evangelicals cherry-pick their Biblical beliefs and avoid anything that's inconvenient....such as Isaiah 55:8-9.

Quantum physics shows us that reality is not deterministic, it is probabilistic.

^Colloquialisms which are essentially meaningless in the context of Einstein's general relativity.

Up is up. Down is down. Around the world. We'll never come down.

Back