Why do people still believe in Jesus and Christianity?

Up is up. Down is down. Around the world. We'll never come down.

Just playing devil's advocate.

What we percieve as up and down is the curvature of space-time.

In a strictly vector-based geometric context, down is the opposite of up for a person in the USA compared to a person in China.

Just playing devil's advocate.

What we percieve as up and down is the curvature of space-time.

In a strictly vector-based sense, down is the opposite of up for a person in the USA compared to a person in China.

Yes. I was referring more to linguistics. "Up" is not "down." But....whole thing was a humorous diversion.

there you go then.......you have your beliefs.......

No doubt the patriot act continuing this Christian Nation SCOTUS precedent fabricated misnomer of Jesus the Christ Mengele " Angel of Death " belief for Rehnquist's Christiananality pedophilia national religion Reichquest where acknowledging thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament - absentee voting ballots arsonists with immaculate drug conceptions granting standing as if election intimidation & vote fixing is little more than a "man is God" Nazi economics joke of no significance in survival of the fittest fascists as Arab Islam "death to the infidels" suicidal sociopsychopathilogical homicidal human farming condescending arrogance making the cross with it's lynching enforcement higher than the flag. .

Last edited:
Yes.. I don't see how we could believe or even assume we would be capable of fully understanding.I have come to think of it, poorly, as if we were all in a big room & had a vile w/ an ant in it..
We could pass it around the room to each other, the ant fully incapable of not only understanding her own predicament but ours as well.
Thoughts, emotions, forethought, even sight-seeing us in our entirety unfathomable..
true.
It's enough we know we are not the be all and end all of the universe though.

I try to focus on the teaching.
Christianity is heavy on love and compassion - it's also why I reject Islam- none of that.

Buddhism teaches how to end one's suffering by a perspective of "everything is impermanent"
and to stop clinging (attachment) to illusions of permanence

I still have a few reservations regarding Islam, & more particularly some of the adherents..

My next door neighbor is Muslim & a great decent guy.. Before he moved here permanently from Doha he rented the place & there were two different families renting over that time-all great ppl........

I still have a few reservations regarding Islam, & more particularly some of the adherents..

My next door neighbor is Muslim & a great decent guy.. Before he moved here permanently from Doha he rented the place & there were two different families renting over that time-all great ppl........
yep . a couple up the pool are from Syria ( Damascus area near Lebanon) and she from the UAE.
They are the nicest.. and they listen to my Libya ramblings !!! lol

My theory is that the West's lingering and historic apprehension of Muslims goes back 600 years, and has nothing to do with Arabs of the Near East, Persian Gulf, and North Africa.

It has everything to do with the Europeans being terrified of the Ottoman Turks, and the savage warrior ethos of the central Asian Turkic tribes of the steppes. Ottoman Turk expansion into Europe left a vivid cultural impression in the West's collective consciousness of the militarism and supposed unbounded cruelty of the Turkic-speaking "barbarians" from the central Asian steppes.

I still believe there is a lingering cultural residue in the consciousness of western civilization regarding the cruel Turkic barbarians steppe tribes.

My theory is that the West's lingering and historic apprehension of Muslims goes back 600 years, and has nothing to do with Arabs of the Near East, Persian Gulf, and North Africa.

It has everything to do with the Europeans being terrified of the Ottoman Turks, and the savage warrior ethos of the central Asian Turkic tribes of the steppes. Ottoman Turk expansion into Europe left a vivid cultural impression in the West's collective consciousness of the militarism and supposed unbounded cruelty of the Turkic-speaking "barbarians" from the central Asian steppes.

I still believe there is a lingering cultural residue in the consciousness of western civilization regarding the cruel Turkic barbarians steppe tribes.

That is prob true to a great extent...... So funny the Russians beat them & Tartars like bitches............

Part of that fear/terror was justified but additionally there was a huge slave(Slav) trade & those Europeans brought a good price in the slave markets..

I don't like the ottomans for this as well as their murdering of Armenians & stealing Christian children to be trained (Janissary) slaves of their wretched rulers-

While they butchered & raped into the west, they were getting a good taste of same via the Mongols that chased their asses west & out of the central asian steeps

That is prob true to a great extent...... So funny the Russians beat them & Tartars like bitches............

Part of that fear/terror was justified but additionally there was a huge slave(Slav) trade & those Europeans brought a good price in the slave markets..

I don't like the ottomans for this as well as their murdering of Armenians & stealing Christian children to be trained (Janissary) slaves of their wretched rulers-

While they butchered & raped into the west, they were getting a good taste of same via the Mongols that chased their asses west & out of the central asian steeps

Good work. The Slavic wars against the Golden Horde can arguably be seen as the seed of formation of the Russian nation-state and Empire.

I do not think USA citizens were even particularly paranoid or even bothered about Arabs until the 1980s. The centuries long animosity towards Islam actually goes back straight to the nomad tribes of the steppes, in my estimation.

The Ottomans, Seljuks, and other Turkic speaking nomad tribes of the central Asian steppes were late-comers to Islam, and I do not think they were particularly pious or Orthodox Muslims. They mixed Islam in a very syncretic way with their central Asian steppes warrior ethos - ultimately terrifying western Europe by annihilating the Byzantine Empire and marching straight to the gates of Vienna.

I don't give a fat fuck what mythical characters people choose to worship.

When they try to impose their absurd religious views onto the laws of the land, however, that's when we see the huge mistake made by the founders.

We needed freedom FROM, not OF, religion.

Theocracy has always been among the biggest obstacles to a civilized society.

Back