Why do people still believe in Jesus and Christianity?

There is no founder of philosophy or any of it's branches. False authority fallacy. Stanford does define philosophy or any of its branches.

Frege is universally acknowledged as one of the founders of modern analytic philosophy. You simply opine on things without knowledge.

SEP is a standard reference for all professional philosophers. You're just somebody with opinions.

There is no founder of philosophy or any of it's branches. False authority fallacy. Stanford does define philosophy or any of its branches. There is no 'standard reference'.

I only want to know one thing!

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

I've asked this question all of my life since I was about 10- NO ONE HAS AN ANSWER!

Well dang!

I care about truth. You care about sounding important.

Lie. Fallacy fallacy. You deny your own statements. You are supporting those that lie and desire the destruction of the Constitution of the United States. You belong to the Church of Global Warming. You continue to try to use false references. You make empty promises. You deny science. You deny mathematics. You deny logic. You deny philosophy. You can't even define what 'Truth' means.

A true follower of Jesus knows that the sin is in the intent, the harm it does. Not just the simple word. It's how a person uses fucking or cockroach that determines if they are on a Christian path, not whether they utter the words.

Do you believe Yakuda used cockroaches in a Christian loving manner? Yes or no, please.

no.....but then I believe that not only can you be a Christian and sin, but it is impossible to be a Christian or anything else and NOT sin......

I only want to know one thing!

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

I've asked this question all of my life since I was about 10- NO ONE HAS AN ANSWER!

Well dang!

No one has an answer because it is not possible to prove whether Adam or Eve ever even existed or not. We do not know what they looked like. We do not know if God fashioned belly buttons for them or not. It really doesn't matter. You have spent your life on an trivial detail that has no significance either way.

Maybe this is the root of your problem.

No. Myth just means an account of events which cannot be empirically tested for truth.

???....do you make up your own definitions for other words or just the one you have to manipulate to support your arguments.......because under that definition the origin of man by evolution is a myth.......

???....do you make up your own definitions for other words or just the one you have to manipulate to support your arguments.......
1A traditional story, especially one concerning the early history of a people or explaining some natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events.
‘ancient Celtic myths’

1.1Traditional stories or legends collectively.
‘the heroes of Greek myth’

2A widely held but false belief or idea.
‘he wants to dispel the myth that sea kayaking is too risky or too strenuous’

2.1A misrepresentation of the truth.
‘attacking the party's irresponsible myths about privatization’

2.2A fictitious or imaginary person or thing.
‘nobody had ever heard of Simon's mysterious friend—Anna said he was a myth’

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/myth

Which of those definitions contradicted what I said?

There's obviously a difference between science and belief. Different planes of existence, the Multiverse Theory and other forms of existence are possible but unproved.

Arthur C. Clarke once wrote "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."**

A lot of myth has a basis in fact. Things like Ezekiel's Wheels could be a description of advanced technology; be it extraterrestrial, extradimensional or extratemporal. Similarly with other legends like King Arthur. The documentation on a 2000 year old carpenter executed for sedition or blasphemy would certainly be below the historical radar unless they left a pretty big impact on the population. Those claiming "total fabrication" are often "total idiots".

Arthur C. Clarke's Three Laws:
  • When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
  • The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
  • Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Very little literature has been written about Jesus in his lifetime. You would think for a Man-God there would be MORE.

1A traditional story, especially one concerning the early history of a people or explaining some natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events.
‘ancient Celtic myths’

1.1Traditional stories or legends collectively.
‘the heroes of Greek myth’

2A widely held but false belief or idea.
‘he wants to dispel the myth that sea kayaking is too risky or too strenuous’

2.1A misrepresentation of the truth.
‘attacking the party's irresponsible myths about privatization’

2.2A fictitious or imaginary person or thing.
‘nobody had ever heard of Simon's mysterious friend—Anna said he was a myth’

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/myth

Which of those definitions contradicted what I said?
none of them are what you said......this is what you said.....

Myth just means an account of events which cannot be empirically tested for truth.

there are many things which cannot be empirically tested which do not fall under the REAL definitions of myth.....

Back