Why do you hate the pope?

Yes, in his neg rep he told me I was scared to get pm's from him. Of course you and I know I blocked him specifically to piss him off, and well ya know....?

IT WORKED!!!

Jeesus this is too easy!!!! :cof1:

It's a proven scientific fact that hypocritical drama queen liberals make the best dancing monkeys

"Scorn"?

I don't like disagreeing with you, WinterBorn, but I think it is more like deserving of an investigation and an indictment for conspiracy and accessory after the fact.

This comes from my infinite knowledge of the American legal system based upon my fanhood of NYPD Blue and Law and Order.

Anyone who is guilty of aiding and abetting pedophiles, deserves scorn. Anyone who works to prevent pedophiles from being prosecuted deserves scorn.

Those who protect the child molesters are as bad as the child molesters themselves.

Last edited:
Because catholic priests are lying scum

I'm a former catholic and thankfully, I never got abused. I never let the priests get close to me either. LOL they creeped me out even as a 10 year old.

I gave up religion at age 12
Told my parents I thought it was a fear-based tool of coersion and I didn't want to get "confirmed".

The rest of the family all stopped going to church after that. Nobody could argue my point and I guess it must have rang true enough that it stuck with them.

Because catholic priests are lying scum

I'm a former catholic and thankfully, I never got abused. I never let the priests get close to me either. LOL they creeped me out even as a 10 year old.

I gave up religion at age 12
Told my parents I thought it was a fear-based tool of coersion and I didn't want to get "confirmed".

The rest of the family all stopped going to church after that. Nobody could argue my point and I guess it must have rang true enough that it stuck with them.

That's ridiculous. There's a running argument here about generalizations and you've fallen right into the trap. All Catholic priests are not lying scum (and don't try to say that you didn't mean "all", it was implied.) I'm a current Catholic and don't know anybody who was abused. Note this doesn't mean abuse didn't happen, and it's odious and reprehensible when it does.

I seriously doubt your entire family stopped going to church because their 12-year old decided against it. Many families don't let their pre-teens have a say in whether or not they'll attend church. Personally I've found it par for the course that quite a few teens or younger kids hate going, and it has nothing to do with faith and everything to do with boredom. If your family stopped going entirely, then perhaps it wasn't about Catholicism, just church-going in general.

It is sad, however it is sadder still that the Vatican and the rest of the hierarchy of Catholicism has allowed this to go on for so long unchecked and unpunished. They've been covering it up, making excuses, and generally tainting the majority of good Catholics to the point of no real recovery it appears.

I was born and raised Catholic and taught to love it, but I did get to that age around 12 years old to be exact, where I made a conscious choice to be done with church. It didn't have anything to do with the priests or my dissatisfaction with the faith, but everything to do with out and out boredom and not being able to sleep in on Sunday.

It is sad, however it is sadder still that the Vatican and the rest of the hierarchy of Catholicism has allowed this to go on for so long unchecked and unpunished. They've been covering it up, making excuses, and generally tainting the majority of good Catholics to the point of no real recovery it appears.

I was born and raised Catholic and taught to love it, but I did get to that age around 12 years old to be exact, where I made a conscious choice to be done with church. It didn't have anything to do with the priests or my dissatisfaction with the faith, but everything to do with out and out boredom and not being able to sleep in on Sunday.
Careful now, you don't want to anger SM because you are dissing his church.

For me it was much younger but I went along with it anyway and Confirmed. I was lucky to marry a Catholic and when I was going through marriage training got back going to mass regularly. Funny because our priest at that time wasn't inspirational at all. I've learned to appreciate it more as I mature and especially when the kids were young. I actually had Jesus call on me one day after Communion. And I've found prayer to work well to keep us all safe in our many trips on two-lane curving highways, in snowy weather and even doing crazy things like ski racing.

So there is no doubt in my mind that Christ is in the Catholic Church in spite of its faults. Non-Catholics love to bash it while ignoring their own faults and the faults of other groups that they put Faith or faith into.

Back