Why does MAGA hate MLK day?

I don't believe in any national holidays to honor a particular person, whether it's MLK, George Washington, or Christopher Columbus.
To me, it's tacky, and we don't all necessarily like the same historical figures anyway.

Let's instead increase paid days off for personal reasons and ditch the idolatry days.

Since when did you become a MAGA spokesperson, Gomer?
:tardthoughts:

Do you have a link to someone you consider to be a MAGA spokesman saying MAGA hates MLK day?

funny_redneck_crazy_face_animated_gif_by_bensib-d4is1um.gif

didnt realize they did so no help there.

Why does the democrat party hate black culture enough to destroy it with the Great Society ?
Just as MLK was getting traction on the content of character thing happening LBJ sets his sights on destroying the hallmark and cornerstone of black culture, the family.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was open and honest about his deep disapproval of white, revisionist history and willful ignorance.

Just read his words.

On the issue of race-and-culturally-conscious teachings, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., stood completely opposed to the type of racist, self-absorbed, and ahistorical beliefs today’s conservative movement holds about education.

Using the misnomer "Critical Race Theory," the conservative movement in recent years has deemed all kinds of lesson plans about social inequality dangerous to schoolchildren. As a result, a majority of Republicans nationwide said the lingering effects of racism should be taught “not so much” or “not at all,”

Dr. King’s legacy. But it’s important you remember what he actually stood for — and what he stood against. And he absolutely stood against white revisionism and willful ignorance in education.

In his 1967 book, “Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community?” King tees off on arrogant, willfully ignorant white people.

“Whites, it must frankly be said, are not putting in a similar mass effort to reeducate themselves out of their racial ignorance,” King wrote. “It is an aspect of their sense of superiority that the white people of America believe they have so little to learn.”

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/r...-gops-anti-crt-push-just-read-words-rcna12307

didnt realize they did so no help there.

Why does the democrat party hate black culture enough to destroy it with the Great Society ?
Just as MLK was getting traction on the content of character thing happening LBJ sets his sights on destroying the hallmark and cornerstone of black culture, the family.

A southern white male pontificating about the Black family and culture :laugh:

Oh I'm sure you and your ancestors fought Jim Crow where Black children saw their parents debased on a daily basis by those of the white christian family values crowd

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was open and honest about his deep disapproval of white, revisionist history and willful ignorance.

Just read his words.

On the issue of race-and-culturally-conscious teachings, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., stood completely opposed to the type of racist, self-absorbed, and ahistorical beliefs today’s conservative movement holds about education.

Using the misnomer "Critical Race Theory," the conservative movement in recent years has deemed all kinds of lesson plans about social inequality dangerous to schoolchildren. As a result, a majority of Republicans nationwide said the lingering effects of racism should be taught “not so much” or “not at all,”

Dr. King’s legacy. But it’s important you remember what he actually stood for — and what he stood against. And he absolutely stood against white revisionism and willful ignorance in education.

In his 1967 book, “Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community?” King tees off on arrogant, willfully ignorant white people.

“Whites, it must frankly be said, are not putting in a similar mass effort to reeducate themselves out of their racial ignorance,” King wrote. “It is an aspect of their sense of superiority that the white people of America believe they have so little to learn.”

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/r...-gops-anti-crt-push-just-read-words-rcna12307

Here is part of a longer answer from Fredrick Douglass about what should be done for slaves if they are set free

"Our answer is, do nothing with them; mind your business, and let them mind theirs. Your doing with them is their greatest misfortune. They have been undone by your doings, and all they now ask, and really have need of at your hands, is just to let them alone. They suffer by ever interference, and succeed best by being let alone."

With "friends" like you leftists idiots who needs enemies.

I'd really like to know.

They're racists. Not hard to know.

Yeah, it's that simple. Whenever there's a shooting of an unarmed black victim by a cop, doesn't MAGA always root for the cop?

Sad.

Look at this forum. Most right wingers are explicitly racist.

Yakuda is a racist.

Not sure it’s most of them, but a significant number of them for sure.

But when a cop shoots a terrorist attacking the Capitol, he should be lynched. Especially if he happens to be black and the dead terrorist white.

Then there's the ones who claim that they're not a bit racist, even pretending to have black friends or a black spouse. They use holidays like this to hide their white sheets. But we know them for what they are anyways. Find a thread bashing BLM, and there you will find them, agreeing with all the hate.

Your not talking about the poster with umpteen pseudonyms who always seems to copy and paste overblown pictures of Black Americans nearly every time he offers a post are you?

Just read his words.

racist566c61596ecf52bb.jpg

While some conservatives may hate MLK, and MLK Day, I do not believe the majority -- the great majority -- do.
On the contrary, they hold MLK up as an example of the way to struggle against racial injustice: not by riots, but by nonviolent direct action.

I'm an old Civil Rights activist, who was on the Left for a long time, and I have been heartened by the fact that most of my fellow conservatives
welcome Black people into the movement -- indeed, go out of their way to do so. I could give many examples of this.

Not only is this morally correct on their part, it's tactically smart: Black people make up 12-15% of America: the more of them we can win to our
side, the stronger we will be. Only a fool rejects allies in a struggle.

Of course there are hard-core, genuine white supremacists, who are the symmetrical opposite of the Critical Race Theory ideologues. Both seek to pry
open the racial fracture lines in the US. And these lines are real.

For our part, we must resist them. People of all colors and creeds are welcome among patriotic Americans.

Embarrassed to answer the question? I don't blame you.

images

I rest my case.

You didn't answer my question asswipe. Just pivoted to a question that is irrelevant to your OP and what we're discussing. That has been discussed to death.

Who in your "rebuttal" is the official who speaks on behalf of MAGA? What, in your opinion makes your hypothetical spokesperson more relevant than me?

You didn't answer my question asswipe. Just pivoted to a question that is irrelevant to your OP and what we're discussing. That has been discussed to death.

Asswipe? Asswipe? What are you? 12 years old?
Sorry, Sonny boy. I prefer to converse with adults, not puerile and jejune adolescents.

iu

Back