Why FDR Was the Best President We Ever Had

How about you shut your FDR mouth and tell me who this man is.

n389y8.jpg

That would be General Stand Watie.

Another problem the American left has with the Old South, and particularly the leftists on this board, is that the first three Jews elected to the US Senate were from Florida, Louisiana, and Louisiana. One of them, Judah Benjamin, went on to become a Cabinet Secretary for President Davis.

It wasn't until 1949 that one of the old Union states (New York) elected Herbert Lehman to the Senate.

[h=1]Lincoln Issues Proclamation Suspending Habeas Corpus Rights
[/h][h=2]President, military defied Supreme Court[/h]A PROCLAMATION

Whereas, it has become necessary to call into service not only volunteers but also portions of the militia of the States by draft in order to suppress the insurrection existing in the United States, and disloyal persons are not adequately restrained by the ordinary processes of law from hindering this measure and from giving aid and comfort in various ways to the insurrection;

Now, therefore, be it ordered, first, that during the existing insurrection and as a necessary measure for suppressing the same, all Rebels and Insurgents, their aiders and abettors within the United States, and all persons discouraging volunteer enlistments, resisting militia drafts, or guilty of any disloyal practice, affording aid and comfort to Rebels against the authority of United States, shall be subject to martial law and liable to trial and punishment by Courts Martial or Military Commission:

Second. That the Writ of Habeas Corpus is suspended in respect to all persons arrested, or who are now, or hereafter during the rebellion shall be, imprisoned in any fort, camp, arsenal, military prison, or other place of confinement by any military authority of by the sentence of any Court Martial or Military Commission.

In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand, and caused the seal of the United States to be affixed.

Done at the City of Washington this twenty fourth day of September, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-two, and of the Independence of the United States the 87th.

ABRAHAM LINCOLN

So, (cough), from the 30s to 1980 this country didn't have the highest standard of living in the world, with the best sustainable home market and highest qulaity education coupled with very low unemployment?

We were - what? Picking potatos in Russia?

Yeah, our size, industrialized economy, and vast natural resources had nothing to do with it.

[h=1]Lincoln Issues Proclamation Suspending Habeas Corpus Rights
[/h][h=2]President, military defied Supreme Court[/h]A PROCLAMATION

Whereas, it has become necessary to call into service not only volunteers but also portions of the militia of the States by draft in order to suppress the insurrection existing in the United States, and disloyal persons are not adequately restrained by the ordinary processes of law from hindering this measure and from giving aid and comfort in various ways to the insurrection;

Now, therefore, be it ordered, first, that during the existing insurrection and as a necessary measure for suppressing the same, all Rebels and Insurgents, their aiders and abettors within the United States, and all persons discouraging volunteer enlistments, resisting militia drafts, or guilty of any disloyal practice, affording aid and comfort to Rebels against the authority of United States, shall be subject to martial law and liable to trial and punishment by Courts Martial or Military Commission:

Second. That the Writ of Habeas Corpus is suspended in respect to all persons arrested, or who are now, or hereafter during the rebellion shall be, imprisoned in any fort, camp, arsenal, military prison, or other place of confinement by any military authority of by the sentence of any Court Martial or Military Commission.

In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand, and caused the seal of the United States to be affixed.

Done at the City of Washington this twenty fourth day of September, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-two, and of the Independence of the United States the 87th.

ABRAHAM LINCOLN
Lincoln was also a tyrant.

So, (cough), from the 30s to 1980 this country didn't have the highest standard of living in the world, with the best sustainable home market and highest qulaity education coupled with very low unemployment?

You are claiming we had very low unemployment during the '30's? And unemployment hit over 8% in 1975. It didn't hit that high from during '84 through 2008.

you on the right will NEVER be able to erase the facts.

YOUR economic policies you still tout crashed the world economy twice in one lifetime.

when will you accept those ideas are failed ideas?

Lincoln was also a tyrant.

In a measure that's true. However, I have no problem with a temporary deployment of tyrannical measures to squash a society guilty of systemic tyranny.

I agree with the notion that our liberties are not a suicide pact.

President Lincoln saved the greatest democratic republic ever and freed the slaves at the same time. Habeus Corpus was restored. Net result: very positive.

see they hate Lincoln.

these people have been brainwashed to HATE this country.

they want the Union dead

see they hate Lincoln.

these people have been brainwashed to HATE this country.

they want the Union dead

I, for one, didn't attack Lincoln. Christie actually threw the Habeus Corpus line at me because of how anti-south I have been, so she must hate America. Now, as for the Union, I don't really think that America's greatness is entirely dependent upon unity. Our greatness is foremost a product of our national ideals enshrined in our culture and constitution. If the south were to secede tomorrow, I would not be all that alarmed. Sure, it would hurt in the short-term, but you know they would screw up their short-lived autonomy, and unity would be assured down the road.

FDR helped this country on the road to ruin. There is nothing to celebrate about a scumbag leftist like him

BINGO; not to mention his willingness to partition Germany post WWII aand kowtowing to Soviet domination of Eastern countries parenting the subsequent Cold War.

I'm amused that you would credit Roosevelt with this. Why?

Back