Why hunt? To kill is a thrill if you're mentally ill

How many videos can you find? 500? 1,000? If you find 10,000, you will have roughly 0.079% of the total number of hunters. You are wanting to indict 12.7 million people based on a handful of videos and some sensationalistic nonsense.

How many videos can you find? 500? 1,000? If you find 10,000, you will have roughly 0.079% of the total number of hunters. You are wanting to indict 12.7 million people based on a handful of videos and some sensationalistic nonsense.

Aren't you the one who excuses the sadistic ritual of hunting for sport with unverifiable personal anecdotes?

What have I posted that is "sensationalistic nonsense"?

I'll understand if you can't explain.

Aren't you the one who excuses the sadistic ritual of hunting for sport with unverifiable personal anecdotes?

What have I posted that is "sensationalistic nonsense"?

I'll understand if you can't explain.

Yes, I used personal experience and my knowledge of hunters based on years of spending time with, and hunting with, numerous people.

The sensationalistic nonsense is "chasing the terrified beast until it is exhausted".

Legion, how do you propose we limit the populations of game animals without hunting?

And who do you suppose will want to volunteer to pay extra taxes to replace the bulk of the state conservation funds? I mean, they will still need to function. And since you are offended by the killing and all.

The health "risks" you listed are theoretical, at best. No recorded fatalities for either. And there is a chance of being exposed to CWD.

I'm OK with you taking those risks. It's a shame that you have to enjoy killing animals in order to tempt fate.

If you are eating meat from the grocery store, you are getting steroids and antibiotics.

Think so?

And yes, Damo is an environmentalist. And hunters work to keep and maintain habitats, not just for deer, but that support many, many species. Also, the special fees and licenses hunters pay and buy usually make up the lion's share of a state's conservation budget.

I wonder why the animals don't line up to be shot. It sounds so wonderful when you put it like that.

Your sarcastic "Dr Doolittle" comment was far off base. Deer evolved with predators keeping their numbers in check and weeding out the weak. Most places have no natural predators for deer. So the hunters fill that purpose. Unchecked population growth of a large herbivore is not good on any environmental niche.

What happened to the predator species that used to eat the deer?

I'll understand if you don't want to explain.

I'll let you know when you're the judge of what's "off base".

If you are comparing hunting to cannibalism, then you have to include the meat purchased at a grocery store. At least hunters take responsibility for their own. The rest pay someone else to do the dirty work and receive little sterile packages.

Did I compare hunting to cannibalism?

Link up.

I'll understand if you can't.

Do you suppose slaughterhouse workers feel a thrill when they kill terrified animals?

Legion, how do you propose we limit the populations of game animals without hunting?

I don't.

And who do you suppose will want to volunteer to pay extra taxes to replace the bulk of the state conservation funds? I mean, they will still need to function. And since you are offended by the killing and all.

What state conservation funds will still need to function?

List them and the dollar amounts, please. Thanks!

I don't.

What state conservation funds will still need to function?

List them and the dollar amounts, please. Thanks!

So you propose to have animals like deer, have no remaining natural predators, and eat until they damage the ecosystem causing their own starvation? How compassionate of you.

Other than the issuing of hunting licenses, checking game and the like, all of the current functions would need to remain. You can find the budgets for your own state's conservation dept.

It has been happening for as long as we have existed. There is a reverence for some people for that reason.

So, historical precedent is justification for all human behaviors?

Or does this just apply to the anachronistic pursuits that give you a thrill?

Here's what you said:

Recognize it?

How is calling the oft-expressed "thrill of the chase" "sensationalistic nonsense" unless you're pretending hunters don't enjoy it?

I look forward to your explanation.

"the chase" can be anything from a stationary tree stand to stalking animals in the open. But none of those involve "chasing the terrified beast until it is exhausted". "Fair chase" is part of hunting. And yes, the word "chase" is in the phrase that I called sensationalistic nonsense. But not the only word. And those other words do have meanings.

So, historical precedent is justification for all human behaviors?

Or does this just apply to the anachronistic pursuits that give you a thrill?

I do not see that hunting requires justification. I see animals being hunted as part of the predator/prey relationships. I have no problem with that at all.

So you propose to have animals like deer, have no remaining natural predators, and eat until they damage the ecosystem causing their own starvation? How compassionate of you.

I imagine that nature has managed quiet well without your help for countless millennia.

Of course, I won't be gloating with pleasure as animals die off because they've exceed the food supplies that human expansion has left them - after we hunted their natural predators near to extinction.

Not really a kindred spirit of yours, you see.

Other than the issuing of hunting licenses, checking game and the like, all of the current functions would need to remain. You can find the budgets for your own state's conservation dept.

You can't list them, or you're too lazy to back up your own contentions?

Which?

I do not see that hunting requires justification. I see animals being hunted as part of the predator/prey relationships. I have no problem with that at all.

Some folks see master/slave as part of a traditional relationship. It was practiced for a long time, so there is a reverence for some people for that reason.

"the chase" can be anything from a stationary tree stand to stalking animals in the open. But none of those involve "chasing the terrified beast until it is exhausted". "Fair chase" is part of hunting. And yes, the word "chase" is in the phrase that I called sensationalistic nonsense. But not the only word. And those other words do have meanings.

Really? Must I post some videos for you of whooping savages chasing terrified animals until exhaustion causes them to stumble and fall prey to their guns, arrows or trained dogs?

Let me know.

I imagine that nature has managed quiet well without your help for countless millennia.

Of course, I won't be gloating with pleasure as animals die off because they've exceed the food supplies that human expansion has left them - after we hunted their natural predators near to extinction.

Not really a kindred spirit of yours, you see.

You can't list them, or you're too lazy to back up your own contentions?

Which?

So it doesn't matter if they die a slow, horrible death. You feel superior because you aren't cheering? lol Ain't that special.

"What state conservation funds will still need to function? List them and the dollar amounts, please. Thanks!" Completely ridiculous question. Do you want me to list all of the functions and budget amounts for each state in alphabetical order or in the order they joined the Union? The information is out there. Google is your friend.

Back