Why hunt? To kill is a thrill if you're mentally ill

So you deny that poaching involves hunting (or fishing, as the case may be)?

It is certainly not fair chase. It is also not what we have been discussing.

And no, I do not consider poaching to be hunting. Apparently, Merriam-Webster agrees with me, since it did not use the word "hunt" in the definition. They used "stealing" and "take".

So sadism is profitable. Did I say it wasn't?

You asked earlier about the state conservation budgets. I gave you info to verify my statements. Now is it "sadism is profitable". lol

I see you are no longer interested in the actual topic but are back to trolling. I have neither the time nor the patience for such.

In this thread, when you denied insulting me. I had hoped that you'd curbed your boastful and dishonest demons in the time since we last spoke.

Sadly, I see that you haven't.

I did not insult you. I made a statement about what a person would be IF they believed an absurdity. I have no way of knowing whether you believe it or not.

Funny, you have never asked a question I have asked you many, many times. Have you ever lied?

You asked earlier about the state conservation budgets. I gave you info to verify my statements. Now is it "sadism is profitable". lol

Aren't there fifty states? I don't see that reflected in your answer.

One of your sources is a for-profit hunting organization, isn't it?

I see you are no longer interested in the actual topic but are back to trolling. I have neither the time nor the patience for such.

You need an out. That's understandable.

No hard feelings.

Please ponder what I've said.

It is certainly not fair chase. It is also not what we have been discussing. And no, I do not consider poaching to be hunting. Apparently, Merriam-Webster agrees with me, since it did not use the word "hunt" in the definition. They used "stealing" and "take".

What you consider it to be isn't the issue, is it?

How long did it take you to cherry-pick a defensible definition?

Do poachers have to pursue (i.e. hunt or fish) animals and fish to illegally take them, or does the prey jump into their arms?

Aren't there fifty states? I don't see that reflected in your answer.

One of your sources is a for-profit hunting organization, isn't it?

You need an out. That's understandable.

No hard feelings.

Please ponder what I've said.

Indeed there are 50 states. One of the links I posted addressed that. I am not going to copy & paste 50 links so you can continue to troll.

I have posted verifiable benefits to hunting. You have not debunked any of them. You posted links about diseases that MAY harm someone, but have not as of yet. And with 12.7 million gun hunters, you would think there would be a few recorded cases.

All you have is this inane claim that all hunting is sadistic and all hunters revel in killing.

Indeed there are 50 states. One of the links I posted addressed that. I am not going to copy & paste 50 links so you can continue to troll. I have posted verifiable benefits to hunting. You have not debunked any of them. You posted links about diseases that MAY harm someone, but have not as of yet. And with 12.7 million gun hunters, you would think there would be a few recorded cases. All you have is this inane claim that all hunting is sadistic and all hunters revel in killing.

Are you pretending that people and animals are unharmed in the pursuits of hunting an fishing?

Are you claiming that hunters and (fishermen) take no pleasure in killing animals/fish?

Can you scour the internet to find a definition of "sadism" that doesn't apply to a person who enjoys causing suffering to another sentient being?

Or is your time and patience exhausted, as you claimed several minutes ago?

Are you pretending that people and animals are unharmed in the pursuits of hunting an fishing?

Are you claiming that hunters and (fishermen) take no pleasure in killing animals/fish?

Can you scour the internet to find a definition of "sadism" that doesn't apply to a person who enjoys causing suffering to another sentient being?

Or is your time and patience exhausted, as you claimed several minutes ago?

I made no such claims. But the definition of sadism is to take pleasure in causing pain. Have you any evidence that hunters enjoy CAUSING PAIN? Not that they hunt. But that their enjoyment is strictly in causing pain.

There is pleasure in pitting your stalking skills against a wild animal. There is much pleasure in being in the wilderness and being part of the wilderness. But I have seen no evidence that anyone actually enjoys causing pain in the animals.

Most deer hunters use the heaviest caliber they can comfortably handle. A lighter caliber would be easier on them and more likely to only would the animals, thereby causing more pain.

I made no such claims. But the definition of sadism is to take pleasure in causing pain. Have you any evidence that hunters enjoy CAUSING PAIN? Not that they hunt. But that their enjoyment is strictly in causing pain. There is pleasure in pitting your stalking skills against a wild animal. There is much pleasure in being in the wilderness and being part of the wilderness. But I have seen no evidence that anyone actually enjoys causing pain in the animals. Most deer hunters use the heaviest caliber they can comfortably handle. A lighter caliber would be easier on them and more likely to only would the animals, thereby causing more pain.

I see. So again, in addition to suddenly discovering a previously-unknown reserve of time and patience, you present your personal opinion and expect me to accept it as evidence that "sportsmen" don't enjoy inflicting pain?

Are you under the impression that being shot, ripped to pieces and/or mauled is an enjoyable experience for any animal?

Of course those noble, generous stewards of the environment endure much pain and hardship because of the recoil they must absorb.

This may come as a shock to you - it is entirely possible to enjoy the wilderness without killing anything.

Perhaps you can explain how a person who knows that can make a decision to deliberately inflict mortal agony on another being, unless they take sadistic pleasure in the act.

Or perhaps not.

I see. So again, in addition to suddenly discovering a previously-unknown reserve of time and patience, you present your personal opinion and expect me to accept it as evidence that "sportsmen" don't enjoy inflicting pain?

Are you under the impression that being shot, ripped to pieces and/or mauled is an enjoyable experience for any animal?

Of course those noble, generous stewards of the environment endure much pain and hardship because of the recoil they must absorb.

This may come as a shock to you - it is entirely possible to enjoy the wilderness without killing anything.

Perhaps you can explain how a person who knows that can make a decision to deliberately inflict mortal agony on another being, unless they take sadistic pleasure in the act.

Or perhaps not.

I have explained it already. There is pleasure in the challenge. The hunter knows he is putting his skills as a predator against a wild animal. There is also pleasure in know the good you have done. By paying for the licenses, the special fees, and various added taxes, the hunter is helping conservation efforts. By donating meat the hunter has the pleasure of knowing he helped feed people. The hunter knows his efforts improve the health of the herd and of the ecosystem. And there is pleasure in being in the wilds and trying to be part of them. There is pleasure in the comraderie in the deer camp. Yes, there is even pleasure in making the shot. That it kills the animal quickly is always the goal.

I have explained it already. There is pleasure in the challenge. The hunter knows he is putting his skills as a predator against a wild animal. There is also pleasure in know the good you have done. By paying for the licenses, the special fees, and various added taxes, the hunter is helping conservation efforts. By donating meat the hunter has the pleasure of knowing he helped feed people. The hunter knows his efforts improve the health of the herd and of the ecosystem. And there is pleasure in being in the wilds and trying to be part of them. There is pleasure in the comraderie in the deer camp. Yes, there is even pleasure in making the shot. That it kills the animal quickly is always the goal.

So you say.

I think lots of people enjoy being challenged, feeding the poor, giving time and money to wildlife and wilderness preservation, exercising wilderness skills, and camaraderie without killing, so, again: how do you explain why hurting and killing things is necessary to feel those things, unless you're sadistic?

So you say.

I think lots of people enjoy being challenged, feeding the poor, giving time and money to wildlife and wilderness preservation, exercising wilderness skills, and camaraderie without killing, so, again: how do you explain why hurting and killing things is necessary to feel those things, unless you're sadistic?

What part of the explanation is not clear? All of those things are part of why, and the challenge of pitting your skills against a wild animal as predator & prey. It also puts meat in my freezer and those of my friends & family.

What part of the explanation is not clear? All of those things are part of why, and the challenge of pitting your skills against a wild animal as predator & prey. It also puts meat in my freezer and those of my friends & family.

As I have stated - the satisfaction of filling your freezer and those of your friends/family, being challenged, feeding the poor, giving time and money to wildlife and wilderness preservation, exercising wilderness skills, and camaraderie are all attainable without killing, (stalk and photograph, for example) so, once more: how do you explain why hurting and killing things is necessary to feel those things, unless you're sadistic?

I did not insult you. I made a statement about what a person would be IF they believed an absurdity. I have no way of knowing whether you believe it or not.

Funny, you have never asked a question I have asked you many, many times. Have you ever lied?

It's all good. Legion is a complete faggot.

In this country hunting is 'the pursuit of the uneatable by the unspeakable' - they hunted foxes, essentially, as cavalry training, but anyone who has ridden a horse using British techniques can hardly NOT admire the guts of those leaping over hedges and such - which is more than you can say for killers with bang-bangs (and, yes, I have aimlessly massacred small creatures who, like black Americans, didn't expect to be killed and didn't fight back!)

Back