Why hunt? To kill is a thrill if you're mentally ill

Hunting is an ancient tradition with tremendous cultural ties and lessons associated with the skill, technique and sometimes way of life.

Hunting can be barbaric and awful practiced by some desirous of gratifying a desire derived from mental illness, but it can also be the key to freedom from oppression and outside control. It can be a way to survive in a difficult situation.

Like anything Hunting has a positive and evil side.

I fish, I like to study and execute the technique and enjoy eating fresh fish. I never intentionally kill a fish I do not intend to eat or use to provide for someone else. Giving up the knowledge and skill associated with learning to live off the land and without the structure of society would be a dangerous move. Hunting and farming are important skills of which the techniques should be preserved among the general public. We would do well to rely less of grocery stores and more on what is naturally provided to us.

Hunting any animal that you have no interest in consuming is unnatural, against the laws of nature, harmful to spirit and self.

According to the International Hunter Education Association, approximately 1,000 people in the US and Canada are accidentally shot by hunters every year, and just under a hundred of those accidents are fatalities. Most victims are hunters, but non-hunters are also sometimes killed or injured. Although some other forms of recreation cause more fatalities, hunting is one of the few activities that endangers the entire community, and not just the willing participants.

http://animalrights.about.com/od/wildlife/f/HuntingAccident.htm

The number of people killed by law enforcement in the US this year has reached 1,000

So I guess it's safer to hunt in the woods than to live in the cities and burbs.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/16/the-counted-killed-by-police-1000

I'm sure the animals that you inflict hideous death upon for sport appreciate your sensitivity. Being killed is much less stressful when your murderer is quiet. One could say it's almost relaxing.

do you believe that animals killed in a slaughterhouse are killed peacefully? do you believe that they are not terrified by standing in a line with other animals and all they can smell is blood and feces?

Hunting is an ancient tradition with tremendous cultural ties and lessons associated with the skill, technique and sometimes way of life.
Hunting can be barbaric and awful practiced by some desirous of gratifying a desire derived from mental illness, but it can also be the key to freedom from oppression and outside control. It can be a way to survive in a difficult situation. Like anything Hunting has a positive and evil side. I fish, I like to study and execute the technique and enjoy eating fresh fish. I never intentionally kill a fish I do not intend to eat or use to provide for someone else. Giving up the knowledge and skill associated with learning to live off the land and without the structure of society would be a dangerous move. Hunting and farming are important skills of which the techniques should be preserved among the general public. We would do well to rely less of grocery stores and more on what is naturally provided to us. Hunting any animal that you have no interest in consuming is unnatural, against the laws of nature, harmful to spirit and self.

Is Publix out of business, or is the sadistic joy of killing for its own sake motivating those who are animated by bloodlust?

The number of people killed by law enforcement in the US this year has reached 1,000 So I guess it's safer to hunt in the woods than to live in the cities and burbs.

You really are like Desh. With her it's election cheating, with you it's cops.

You'll find a way to insert your fear of police into any discussion, won't you?

Get help.

Is Publix out of business, or is the sadistic joy of killing for its own sake motivating those who are animated by bloodlust?

You have still provided no evidence that hunters, as a group, are sadistic.

But if you feel better paying someone else to slaughter animals for you, so that you can buy meat in a neat sterile package, more power to you. Not all of us do. And not all of us find the levels of antibiotics, steroids and other chemicals in the meat from factory farms to be acceptable.

And which is more cruel? To shoot an animal or to allow the population of those animals to grow to a point that they defoliate the ecosystem and starve?

You have still provided no evidence that hunters, as a group, are sadistic.

What other explanation for willfully injuring and killing animals is there, since I have shown that all the other "benefits" of hunting can be obtained in other ways?

But if you feel better paying someone else to slaughter animals for you, so that you can buy meat in a neat sterile package, more power to you. Not all of us do. And not all of us find the levels of antibiotics, steroids and other chemicals in the meat from factory farms to be acceptable.

I don't recall saying that I feel feel better paying someone else to slaughter animals for me.

Can you point out the post, please? Thanks!

And which is more cruel? To shoot an animal or to allow the population of those animals to grow to a point that they defoliate the ecosystem and starve?

It's sad that mankind has degraded habitat and hunted predators to the extent that starvation is a certainty for some "game" animals.

I take no pleasure in the thought.

I doubt that anyone will post video or pictures of their corpses while they high-five each other and grin, but maybe I'm wrong.

Personally I find it more respectable that someone kills their own meat rather than paying for Publix to do it out of their site. We should be aware of what we eat and the sacrifices that are made to get it.

Personally I find it more respectable that someone kills their own meat rather than paying for Publix to do it out of their site. We should be aware of what we eat and the sacrifices that are made to get it.

Are you sure that the animals that hunters kill for fun appreciate the difference? They're the ones that are making the "sacrifice", unless the the noble hunters' poor widdle shoulders get sore because they use large calibers to "spare" their victims.

Are you sure that the animals that hunters kill for fun appreciate the difference? They're the ones that are making the "sacrifice", unless the the noble hunters' poor widdle shoulders get sore because they use large calibers to "spare" their victims.

I'm sorry but im having a hard time following your argument. Are you saying that hunting is wrong and cruel but the millions of animals killed for the meat aisle at a grocery store is not? or do you think both methods are wrong? May I ask if you eat meat?

Back