Why hunt? To kill is a thrill if you're mentally ill

Are you sure that the animals that hunters kill for fun appreciate the difference? They're the ones that are making the "sacrifice", unless the the noble hunters' poor widdle shoulders get sore because they use large calibers to "spare" their victims.

There is not much difference for the animals. But people should see the sacrifice first hand.

Tell you what. You work as hard as you can to try and get hunting banned. I'm willing to bet you get no where with it. I'll keep hunting. As a matter of fact, I think I still have a venison tenderloin in my freezer that I should get out and cook in the smoker. I'll toast your use of YouTube as a research method while I enjoy the tasty meal.

Tell you what. You work as hard as you can to try and get hunting banned. I'm willing to bet you get no where with it. I'll keep hunting. As a matter of fact, I think I still have a venison tenderloin in my freezer that I should get out and cook in the smoker. I'll toast your use of YouTube as a research method while I enjoy the tasty meal.

Did I say I want to get hunting banned?

Link up.

I'll understand if you can't.

Did I say I want to get hunting banned?

Link up.

I'll understand if you can't.

In so many words? No, you did not say that. But when you make blanket accusations that hunters are all sadistic, bloodthirsty maniacs, your point is still made.

But then, you rarely actually say anything. You rely on innuendo and YouTube videos.

In so many words? No, you did not say that. But when you make blanket accusations that hunters are all sadistic, bloodthirsty maniacs, your point is still made. But then, you rarely actually say anything. You rely on innuendo and YouTube videos.

So you admit that I never said that, but insist that I really did because you say so?

Did you watch the videos, or were you afraid of what you'd see?

Its funny, you cry about hunters being cruel when they shoot an animal. But mock my comments about a deer being harried by wolves (and the "...by wolves" is a key part of my statement) or hit by a car. I can promise you that most deer killed by hunters will die quicker than deer hit by cars or chased by predators.

The animal is still being preyed upon. Hunters are predators.

Is the 'No true Scotsman' defense all you have?

Or perhaps you think I stated that factory farms are morally superior to hunting for sport. People who run and/or work at factory farms and slaughterhouses may enjoy killing as much as "sport" hunters do. I don't know.

Enjoy this little Texas gal:

This just makes me sick. Then to film it and gloat about it on the internet yet...

She killed an endangered white rhino but calls herself a conservationist. A pox on her!

I'm waiting with bated breath.

The question they keep dodging is a simple one: since all the "joys" of hunting - except the thrill of the kill - can be had by other means, what's the attraction?

It's easier to falsely claim that I secretly want to ban hunting, demand to know if slaughter is more humane, carp about chemicals in beef, and rant about YouTube videos you haven't watched than to answer that question, I suppose.

What do you think the reason for this reluctance is?

The question they keep dodging is a simple one: since all the "joys" of hunting - except the thrill of the kill - can be had by other means, what's the attraction?

It's easier to falsely claim that I secretly want to ban hunting, demand to know if slaughter is more humane, carp about chemicals in beef, and rant about YouTube videos you haven't watched than to answer that question, I suppose.

What do you think the reason for this reluctance is?

Because talking about the thrill of the kill, i.e. taking an animal's life for sport, sounds barbaric?

So you admit that I never said that, but insist that I really did because you say so?

Did you watch the videos, or were you afraid of what you'd see?

When you spend multiple pages on multiple threads describing hunters as barbaric, sadistic or bloodthirsty, your views on hunting are pretty obvious. When people list the good things about hunting, such as the funds for conservation, the health of the herds, and the donations of meat, and you try to argue or ridicule every single one, your views on hunting are quite obvious.

And considering the HUGE leaps you have taken when quoting the words of others, you have no room to claim immunity simply because you did not say it in so many words.

But then, in this thread, like so many of yours, you carefully avoid stating your own views. You only ridicule those who take a specific side. That also makes your views on hunting quite clear.

Back