Why I hate organized religion

Guys I dont hate religion I just hate the ones that create huge organizations to influence large numbers of people.

Believe what you believe and quit trying to own other peoples lives with the power you give your leaders.

Believe your philosophy and allow others to believe what they want to believe.

Religion does not make people above others who do not share your beliefs. Quit trying to convert everyone and allow the philosophy to do the converting.

I never try to convert people to my beliefs. I just state them when someone asks and tell them why I believe what I believe when they ask. Its not my business to change what someone believes.

Very good thread jacking here guys ,Im amazed it got back onto the original subject.
Good you clarified your position, because that is not what you say in the title of your thread.

As for you "never try to convert people to your beliefs" is a load of shit (unless you are specifically limiting your statement to religious beliefs.) You sure as hell claim the right to force others into practicing your political beliefs.

And Christ commands us to spread His Word. It is part of the Christian belief that all should be brought to the Word. Of course, He did not say people should be FORCED or otherwise coerced into Christianity, and those who use such methods are corrupting the Word - usually for the purpose of self engrandizement. But bringing the Word as Christ commands us is also more than passively waiting to be asked, and only then expressing the message of Christ. We are called upon to cast the seed of the Word everywhere, even on stony ground.

Good you clarified your position, because that is not what you say in the title of your thread.

As for you "never try to convert people to your beliefs" is a load of shit (unless you are specifically limiting your statement to religious beliefs.) You sure as hell claim the right to force others into practicing your political beliefs.

And Christ commands us to spread His Word. It is part of the Christian belief that all should be brought to the Word. Of course, He did not say people should be FORCED or otherwise coerced into Christianity, and those who use such methods are corrupting the Word - usually for the purpose of self engrandizement. But bringing the Word as Christ commands us is also more than passively waiting to be asked, and only then expressing the message of Christ. We are called upon to cast the seed of the Word everywhere, even on stony ground.

Let's just go back in time and give the Christians nuclear bombs and tanks, come back, and see how many people are left. There is no greater evil than religion.

It was adhered to like a religion.

Others who didnt share the same beliefs were treated as non humans.

The whole point of this thread is not hate of religion guys but hate of the organization of belief where you give power to some damned pastor, rabbi, prophet or whatever to lead people to throw away their humanity and brains and to hurt other humans so your leader can have power.

Allow others to think differently than you and look for ways to find a simular humanity even with the differances. Dont ever let your religious leader tell you who to hate.

If everyone walked out when hate was directed at other humans by "religious leaders" then this would not happen ever again.

If more Christians like Hitler had been in power in the 20th century there would be no people left. It was just due to lack of technology and low population that they were outdone by the people who's religion is communism.

Religious people, like Christians and communists, have killed a greater percentage of the words population than any other affliction in history.
Do you even read the mindless crap you spew around?

Hint 1: communists are NOT religious people. Neither are fascists. Both demand 100% commitment to the state. Religion demands first allegiance goes to God.

Hint 2: Hitler's actions had nothing to do with his religious beliefs. His targeting the Jews was 100% economically motivated.

Hint 1: communists are NOT religious people. Neither are fascists. Both demand 100% commitment to the state. Religion demands first allegiance goes to g (I corrected your capitalization error here) od.

Religion does not demand first allegiance goes to god. Only some insane forms of evangeliscism do. Hitler was a Christian, and it is a lie, like most other things that come from your, to present him as an humanistic atheist.

Last edited:

I do hate Organized religion. I dont hate anyones peaceful personal religion.

Casting is not the same as forcing it. When a religious person knocks on my door I am always very polite and warm to them. When they offer me any litrature I always tell them to save it for someone who can really use it to better themselves. Mormans, I have to admitt, I might not answer the door if Im not in the mood though.

Religion was used in the Iraqi war by the right and many still think that we should be at war with Islam. I was very disapointed in the christians in this country throughout this war.Very few stood up and insisted Jesus would not be into killing Arabs for their religious beliefs. Bush even called it a crusade for hells sake.

Casting is not the same as forcing it. When a religious person knocks on my door I am always very polite and warm to them. When they offer me any litrature I always tell them to save it for someone who can really use it to better themselves. Mormans, I have to admitt, I might not answer the door if Im not in the mood though.

Religion was used in the Iraqi war by the right and many still think that we should be at war with Islam. I was very disapointed in the christians in this country throughout this war.Very few stood up and insisted Jesus would not be into killing Arabs for their religious beliefs. Bush even called it a crusade for hells sake.
Now you are either lying, or so woefully misinformed as to defy imagination.

Show me ONE place religion was used to justify the war in Iraq. The focus was and always has been terrorists. That they happen to be Islamic extremists caused some Christians to make wild claims, but the government has never done so. Unless you want to make the ridiculous assetion that anyone who uses the term hell is automatically referring to the Judeo-Christian realm of evil.

Oh, and the vast majority of religious people ARE organized religion. Organized religion is not just limited to leadership. The Catholic Church is the entire body of people who profess and practice the Catholic religion. We are the organization, and the organization is us. Your distinction is a poor excuse to make yourself feel better.

Then there's that pesky Bible which establishes the Catholic Church and its sacraments... I can't really complete my religious obligations to Jesus without it, so fuck off, Desh...

More people were killed by statists in the 20th Century alone than in all of human history before that. 250 million alone were done in by communism.

According to this link (still looking for others) religious wars have killed as many as 800 to 900 million people throughout history.

http://bookrate.wordpress.com/2006/07/22/deaths-over-history-religious-vs-nonreligous/

That pretty much takes the cake for body counts.

Of course, its important to remember these totals include many different religions.

The more modern leaders were much more efficient.
First, what kind of validity is derived from what is an obvious wild assed guess? Better come up with some backup for that 800-900 million figure. Personally I think the author pulled that estimate out of his ass with little to no real research. Best make sure the actual cause of a war is organized religion, too. Many wars used religion to gather under a particular flag, but the actual cause of the war was entirely separate.

Second, is it valid to compare the actions of all religions over several thousand years to the actions of atheist governments over less than a hundred years? It's like saying the average Chinese is richer than the average American because by sheer population their total wealth is greater than ours.

Now try being HONEST about the subject and find ONE religious leader who comes even close to Stalin.

Last edited:
First, what kind of validity is derived from what is an obvious wild assed guess? Better come up with some backup for that 800-900 million figure. Best make sure the actual cause is organized religion, too. Many wars used religion to gather under a particular flag, but the actual cause of the war was entirely separate.

Second, is it valid to compare the actions of all religions over several thousand years to the actions of atheist governments over less than a hundred years? It's like saying the average Chinese is richer than the average American because by sheer population their total wealth is greater than ours.

Now try being HONEST about the subject and find ONE religious leader who comes even close to Stalin.

Since this topic is about organized religion, and not about any particular religion, totalling all religions is perfectly valid.

Also, as I have stated before, I don't believe religions per se are as bad as the leaders who used religion for means of manipulation.

Now you are either lying, or so woefully misinformed as to defy imagination.

Show me ONE place religion was used to justify the war in Iraq. The focus was and always has been terrorists. That they happen to be Islamic extremists caused some Christians to make wild claims, but the government has never done so. Unless you want to make the ridiculous assetion that anyone who uses the term hell is automatically referring to the Judeo-Christian realm of evil.

Why does the religious right think we are at war with Islam?

Then there's that pesky Bible which establishes the Catholic Church and its sacraments... I can't really complete my religious obligations to Jesus without it, so fuck off, Desh...

Written by men and not god or Jesus. The scaraments were pretty much designed to make people have to obey the Catholic Church and not be able to whorship without their Hiarchy.

First, what kind of validity is derived from what is an obvious wild assed guess? Better come up with some backup for that 800-900 million figure. Personally I think the author pulled that estimate out of his ass with little to no real research. Best make sure the actual cause of a war is organized religion, too. Many wars used religion to gather under a particular flag, but the actual cause of the war was entirely separate.

Deliberately killing 10 million people when there are 100 million people in the world is worse than killing 10 million people when there are 2 billion people in the world.

And religious people have done such things countless times in history.

Since this topic is about organized religion, and not about any particular religion, totalling all religions is perfectly valid.

Also, as I have stated before, I don't believe religions per se are as bad as the leaders who used religion for means of manipulation.
Did you visit the site supposedly totaling those killed under the guise of religion? Did you notice many of those killed were religious people being persecuted by secular governments? Is that "caused" by organized religion? The author includes the Holocaust, also, which has been proven time and again to not derive from any religious cause. Since when is the victimization of organized religion to be included in deaths caused by organized religion?

Try again. Anyone can win an argument using lies and bogus figures.

Written by men and not god or Jesus. The scaraments were pretty much designed to make people have to obey the Catholic Church and not be able to whorship without their Hiarchy.
Keep the hate going, if it makes you feel better. But at least be honest about who it is you hate.

Did you visit the site supposedly totaling those killed under the guise of religion? Did you notice many of those killed were religious people being persecuted by secular governments? Is that "caused" by organized religion? The author includes the Holocaust, also, which has been proven time and again to not derive from any religious cause. Since when is the victimization of organized religion to be included in deaths caused by organized religion?

Try again. Anyone can win an argument using lies and bogus figures.

You are being deliberately obtuse.

In that case, Jesus said and did nothing, because we rely on secondary sources. Along with Aristotle, etc. However, the scripture preceeded the major organization of the Church except that the Christians clearly understood that one man had been left in charge to some extent. That scripture revealed teachings that included sacraments and leadership.

Back