why is it only the nutcase Rs post anymore?

You may be right....that's why I joined another site that is a little less tolerant of such shenanigans.

Maybe not, I don't know.

I saw this post from 'Smarter than You' I was blocked:

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...-Photo-ID-Really-Needed&p=1290246#post1290246

the bottom line is that unless you are applying for some sort of government benefit, you should not require an ID for anything. period.

I wanted to respond, "Why should the government be supplying benefits to anyone?" Alas, I couldn't. Until here. ;)

don't you feel that social security and military retirement, for example, are benefits that the government supplies to people?

Social security should be phased out. Wrong from the get go, got worse over time.

Military benefits should be cost of government.

Maybe not, I don't know.

I saw this post from 'Smarter than You' I was blocked:

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...-Photo-ID-Really-Needed&p=1290246#post1290246

I wanted to respond, "Why should the government be supplying benefits to anyone?" Alas, I couldn't. Until here. ;)

I'll reply as I always do.

Because there's a hell of a lot of people that need it. You see, I have no problem with my tax dollars going to help others in need. That's just me....and I hope you understand that. I do my part on my own...I volunteer at the local Red Cross and I pound a few nails for our local chapter of habitat for humanity, not to mention my church...but it's not enough...and rational people know that.

I do however understand the ideology of "why should I have to pay?" But I apply that to billionaire tax breaks and the ability to hide assets and income in tax haven countries/institutions. I apply that to crony Capitalism that subsidizes industries and institutions to a much higher degree than what the combined masses of poor people receive. I apply that to the military/industrial complex that Dwight Eisenhower so prophetically warned us of in the late 50's.

The busting of the private sector unions under Reagan had long term effects that are being realized now....if you're truly honest....you can see it all around you. I am not necessarily saying he was wrong. Unions were a problem at the time when foreign competition was still in it's....well, if not in it's infancy...in it's toddler stage.

There comes a time when you have to put country before profits.....I am not 100% sure we are there yet....but we are mighty damned close.

....it's OK for you to judge others to an eternity in a lake of fire for their sins.....

ah, but there's the rub.....I don't.....you just claim I do......you've never been very good at understanding the things I post....this is just more evidence of it......I judge that people are stupid, and point out where and when I find evidence of it......that does not mean they are going to spend an eternity in a lake of fire......it just means they are stupid........like now, when I point at you......

you would realize that I am your brother, not your tormentor.

I had plenty of occasions to call my brother stupid before he died.....

I don't know the others well enough to say. Unlike myself, PMP stayed here with all the changes in posters. I was in and out, heck the last week may have been one of my more prolific times. I've know PMP on several sites, what he posts here I'd not peg for him, unless I saw his name. I'm guessing it's the atmosphere. He's actually a very tolerant guy at other sites, more of a 'I hope I'm making it and you can too! sort of poster.' It's the company we keep.

thank you Annie.....you know I've said that I post to combat stupidity......it's just that I find more of it here than I do there......this is me in combat mode.....you've also known me during R&R.....

I would argue I'm not a 'nutter' and I'm here. I've been here longer than most, check the date of join. I've 'known' Damo and he myself for longer than that. I came here on his invite, he was much more libertarian than myself, though I am very slowly perhaps moving in that direction. I knew this would turn towards liberals and away from conservatives, as it has.

Some of us just wish to post and ignore, overwhelmed with nonsense that does not need response.

Alas, that leads to the crazies on the right speaking for 'us,' as that is what they do.

Now in fairness, those of you on the left here are led by the prolific posters of evince and Howie, how's that working out for you?

I post truth you cant handle.

Hows did that robmoney is going to win by 5 points working out for you.

girl you have a reputation of being a lying scum on many sites.

You befriend people and pm them and then lie about what they said.

this is why I cant stand some cons.

you act like trash and ten pretend the honest people who actually say what they really believe backed by facts are evil and you LIE asbout what you really believe in posts to play it like you are so decent.

Your a terrible person on every site Ive seen you on.

I post truth you cant handle.

Hows did that robmoney is going to win by 5 points working out for you.

girl you have a reputation of being a lying scum on many sites.

You befriend people and pm them and then lie about what they said.

this is why I cant stand some cons.

you act like trash and ten pretend the honest people who actually say what they really believe backed by facts are evil and you LIE asbout what you really believe in posts to play it like you are so decent.

Your a terrible person on every site Ive seen you on.

I'm almost beginning to believe you don't like her.....

thank you Annie.....you know I've said that I post to combat stupidity......it's just that I find more of it here than I do there......this is me in combat mode.....you've also known me during R&R.....

The problem is.....other people's stupidity is your opinion....mostly revolving around your political ideology.

and what then do you do with the elderly poor with no place to live and nothing to eat?

If the “elderly poor” had any fucking brains when they were the “young and able,” they wouldn’t have thought a fucking government program was worth a fuck as being their retirement program and they’d have saved and invested for their own fucking retirement like I did.

Furthermore the Constitution does not authorize the federal government to operate a retirement plan that kind of authority IS RESERVED TO THE STATES OR THE PEOPLE. States can if they choose operate social safety-net programs, the Constitution forbids the federal government from doing so.

Furthermore the first responsibility for the poor is the family not the fucking federal government. The duty of the federal government is to keep us from killing each other, keep the States from going to war with each other and keeping us all safe from foreign invaders.

If the “elderly poor” had any fucking brains when they were the “young and able,” they wouldn’t have thought a fucking government program was worth a fuck as being their retirement program and they’d have saved and invested for their own fucking retirement like I did.

Furthermore the Constitution does not authorize the federal government to operate a retirement plan that kind of authority IS RESERVED TO THE STATES OR THE PEOPLE. States can if they choose operate social safety-net programs, the Constitution forbids the federal government from doing so.

Furthermore the first responsibility for the poor is the family not the fucking federal government. The duty of the federal government is to keep us from killing each other, keep the States from going to war with each other and keeping us all safe from foreign invaders.

Great...then your state taxes go up astronomically because the funding was cut at the Federal level, which has a much higher population to spread the cost out...meaning a smaller chunk out of your paycheck.

So then, you'll turn your outrage to your States government....which is much easier to strongarm, and they will vote to do away with it altogether...and you have elderly people starving in the street....great vision for the country.

I'll reply as I always do.

Because there's a hell of a lot of people that need it. You see, I have no problem with my tax dollars going to help others in need. That's just me....and I hope you understand that. I do my part on my own...I volunteer at the local Red Cross and I pound a few nails for our local chapter of habitat for humanity, not to mention my church...but it's not enough...and rational people know that.

I do however understand the ideology of "why should I have to pay?" But I apply that to billionaire tax breaks and the ability to hide assets and income in tax haven countries/institutions. I apply that to crony Capitalism that subsidizes industries and institutions to a much higher degree than what the combined masses of poor people receive. I apply that to the military/industrial complex that Dwight Eisenhower so prophetically warned us of in the late 50's.

The busting of the private sector unions under Reagan had long term effects that are being realized now....if you're truly honest....you can see it all around you. I am not necessarily saying he was wrong. Unions were a problem at the time when foreign competition was still in it's....well, if not in it's infancy...in it's toddler stage.

There comes a time when you have to put country before profits.....I am not 100% sure we are there yet....but we are mighty damned close.

I agree, Steelplate. I think we are a generous enough country that we can take care of the poor, elderly, sick, and children with social security, food stamps, welfare, etc. I hope we aren't ever such a cold-hearted country that we cut off these benefits and allow people to starve while others are living comfortable with a fleet of cars, several houses, and more money than they know what to do with. I'm not that comfortable, but I have enough, and am happy with my taxes going to help those in need. Not so happy when the taxes go to war, but what can you do besides vote?

What the fuck is wrong with this country when our greatest generation is maligned to this extent? Then we have snot nosed trolls like Grind wishing death upon the baby boomers, which by inclusion means his own parents. Then we have senile fuckers like Classic Liberal who draw Ss and Medicare declaring poor ppl don't deserve it???

so to prove your "moral" point you would step over their starving freezing bodies to buy your next large screen TV?

The problem is.....other people's stupidity is your opinion....mostly revolving around your political ideology.

I've either proven it or failed....depending on your perspective.....you can't say I haven't tried....

apparently desh and Howie seem to agree with you....that should trigger warning alarms in your mind if they haven't gone off already.....

Back