Why is there something rather than nothing?

Your lack of knowledge of anything even remotely related to mental health is stunning. I honestly didn't think someone could be so UNEDUCATED about mental health as you are.

And funny thing is, you claim to have studied it in college.

LOL.
Because, besides having a PhD in GeoChem, you're also a Doctor of Psychology, Perry? :rofl2:

Because, besides having a PhD in GeoChem, you're also a Doctor of Psychology, Perry? :rofl2:

NOpe. Only ever had one psych class and that was in high school. Yet somehow I know more psychology than you do! Funny how that works isn't it? I mean you hit your head really hard as a child which probably knocked the "smarts" out of you which is why you struggled to get through your associates in psychology and then why you never worked in the field.

It all adds up. You make PERFECT sense. You are a loser who isn't even good at the one thing he studied to be. Wow.

NOpe. Only ever had one psych class and that was in high school. Yet somehow I know more psychology than you do! Funny how that works isn't it? I mean you hit your head really hard as a child which probably knocked the "smarts" out of you which is why you struggled to get through your associates in psychology and then why you never worked in the field.

It all adds up. You make PERFECT sense. You are a loser who isn't even good at the one thing he studied to be. Wow.
^^^
Classic Perryism. LOL

809h8s.gif

Of course, Perry. You believe you know everything and that you are superior to everyone.

Not at all. Just smarter than you.

I mean it has to gall you that someone with only one psych class to his name knows more psychology than you do and you supposedly "studied" it in college. LOL.

The time you didn't even know what the DSM was was HILARIOUS! Seriously, dude, I laughed so hard when it was apparent that you didn't have a clue.

It's funny because everytime you are shown up by me you turn it around and insult me. That's how I know I'm landing blows to your ego. You are too funny.

So I don't consider myself particularly gifted or smarter than most people...just you and Cypress. You two are jokes. And I LOVE seeing you scramble to recover your bruised egos when you are once again shown to be a joke.

I mean it has to gall you that someone with only one psych class to his name knows more psychology than you do and you supposedly "studied" it in college. LOL.

The time you didn't even know what the DSM was was HILARIOUS! Seriously, dude, I laughed so hard when it was apparent that you didn't have a clue.

It's funny because everytime you are shown up by me you turn it around and insult me. That's how I know I'm landing blows to your ego. You are too funny.

So I don't consider myself particularly gifted or smarter than most people...just you and Cypress. You two are jokes. And I LOVE seeing you scramble to recover your bruised egos when you are once again shown to be a joke.
I have no doubt you truly believe that, Perry, just like you believe you are superior and better educated than any person on JPP. It's why I like studying you.

Why would it gall me, Perry? Do you really think your lies are fooling anyone? Any normal person can see that you are not only "off" but a liar.

Wrong again, Perry. I've always known what the DSM was. I simply never used it. This is just another example of you bullshitting others with Perry bullshit. LOL

Perry, you have trouble showing up your fellow schizo Sybil. How can you ever hope to show up any sane person on JPP much less lil' ol' me?

Your personality quirks help define you, Perry. Your habit of switching usernames and socks rivals the other JPP nutjobs like Sybil and Fredo. It's something you all have in common.

8ax8fk.gif

Why is there something rather than nothing?

Perhaps the most remarkable fact about the Universe is simply that it, and everything in it, exists. But what's the reason why?

It's a question that almost everyone has wondered at some point: given all the things that exist around us, in this world and in the great Universe beyond, what's the reason for why it all exists?

This is one of those questions, I’m sorry to say, that science not only doesn’t have a satisfactory answer for right now, but will probably never have one.

There’s an enormous difference between a “why” question, which science isn’t really well-equipped to answer, with a “how” question, which is the bread-and-butter of what science is good for. If we were to ask the question of why we’re all here, there isn’t a scientific way to approach this question: we can’t formulate a testable hypothesis and derive what sorts of things we can go out and measure to answer that. Even if we determine the underlying rules that reality follows, there’s a limit to what we can derive from them: we can derive physical consequences that stem from those rules and some set of initial conditions, but we cannot derive any sort of purpose behind those consequences using the tools of science.

Nature abhors a vacuum...

Nature abhors a vacuum...

Not a bad insight.

But I think that concept basically comes from entropy, the tendency of matter in a closed system to fill in and occupy any void space.

Entropy is an emergent property of matter and energy. It only exists as a physical principle after the creation of matter and energy, so I can't see it being a first principle of creation.

Entropy is an emergent property of matter and energy.
Too funny. You apparently still see yourself as thienth geniuth.

A lack of usable energy is not a property of matter and energy. I'd be interested to learn why you think it is, or even can be. Matter and energy must adhere to the laws of thermodynamics. You essentially are getting it backwards ... because you like regurgitate from other scientifically illiterate morons.

It only exists as a physical principle after the creation of matter and energy,
1. You don't know this, and
2. Occam's Razor slices this argument away because it is totally irrelevant.

... so I can't see it being a first principle of creation.
... likely because of your severely limited imagination and terrible lack of education.

You aren't saying much. Doc Dutch is in a persistent vegitative state as a result of many illicit drug binges in search of universal TRUTH. Hence, he currently fills odd jobs involving propping open doors and such. Hence, there doesn't seem to be any brain activity going on ... because there isn't any. They can't pull the plug on life support because Doc Dutch was never literate and thus could never sign any DNR.

I mean it has to gall you that someone with only one psych class to his name knows more psychology than you do and you supposedly "studied" it in college.
Doc Dutch didn't study anything in college. Doc Dutch stared at things and drooled.

It's funny because everytime you are shown up by me you turn it around and insult me.
You are confusing Doc Dutch's random tapping reflexes onto the keyboard, resulting from errant firing of brain stem synapses, with actual attempts to communicate coherently. You should be embarrassed.

That's how I know I'm landing blows to your ego.
Doc Dutch's mind has no ego, only darkness.

So I don't consider myself particularly gifted or smarter than most people...just you and Cypress.
I think you have set your bar too low. Yes, I insult your education periodically, but saying that you are smarter than Doc Dutch and Cypress is a heavy understatement. You are able to formulate sentences on your own, without having to resort to copy-pasting from the internet. Cypress can only manage to respond with his canned

:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

... and Doc Dutch can only knock out random keystrokes, however he has managed to find a way to execute a macro that posts "Agreed" in response to every one of Cypress' posts.

ba7704b18a87e54b8f4577b682bfb589.png

8b220db0425d7609b775e0051fe66d00.jpg

Not a bad insight.

But I think that concept basically comes from entropy, the tendency of matter in a closed system to fill in and occupy any void space.

Entropy is an emergent property of matter and energy. It only exists as a physical principle after the creation of matter and energy, so I can't see it being a first principle of creation.

Entropy is not a fundamental property. It is statistical property that applies to collections of particles.

Absent quantum considerations, the entropy of true 'nothingness' is zero.

Yes, my knowledge is acquired from text books, classes, books, articles, subject matter experts.

You fantasize that your insights are deeply original and profound, but upon cursory inspection it's proven that you are just plagiarizing insights other people had before you -->

CLICK HERE to see how IBDumbass fantasizes that he has deeply original, profound insights about science and religion, but he is actually just plagiarizing and paraphrasing insights that other people have already had for many years

CLICK HERE To See Why IBDumbass Doesn't Post in Good Faith - He hounds me with what he imagines is a 'gotcha!' question, but when it blows up in his face he runs away from the thread like a little girl

hint: energy and matter are not interchangeable
Wave-Particle duality is classical physics.
There is no such thing as an accelerating reference frame!!
Darwin's theory of evolution is not science

I have no doubt you truly believe that, Perry, just like you believe you are superior and better educated than any person on JPP.

Why do you lie? You know your buddy, Cypress, will blow a fuse if you lie. You shouldn't lie.

It's why I like studying you.

You are incapable of study of anyone or anything. You simply don't have the smarts.

Why would it gall me, Perry?

Because you wasted mommy and daddy's money to go play at the community college. You had the simplest stuff to learn yet you couldn't even learn that. You are a failure and it galls you when others show that up.

Do you really think your lies are fooling anyone? Any normal person can see that you are not only "off" but a liar.

Huh...just like YOU.

Wrong again, Perry. I've always known what the DSM was. I simply never used it.

LOL. Another lie. So easy for you, isn't it?

Why do you lie? You know your buddy, Cypress, will blow a fuse if you lie. You shouldn't lie.

You are incapable of study of anyone or anything. You simply don't have the smarts.

Because you wasted mommy and daddy's money to go play at the community college. You had the simplest stuff to learn yet you couldn't even learn that. You are a failure and it galls you when others show that up.

Huh...just like YOU.

LOL. Another lie. So easy for you, isn't it?
^^^
Perry PhD goes bonkers. LOL

Thanks, Perry. When you come unglued, it makes it easier to see the pieces.
a7Sy1G6.gif

8ei9oh.gif

^^^
Perry PhD goes bonkers. LOL

Thanks, Perry. When you come unglued, it makes it easier to see the pieces.
a7Sy1G6.gif

8ei9oh.gif

Goddamn you love to mock the disabled, don'tcha? Why is that?

Can I ask why you think the disabled are so much less than you?

Was it when you hit your head really hard and had to go to the special school?

(I also note you use a webpage to make these. You lack even the ability to make an animated gif on your own. Wow. talk about lazy and stupid)

Last edited:
^^^^THIS WAS CREATED AND POSTED BY AN ADULT. Just let that sink in.
Goddamn you love to mock the disabled, don'tcha? Why is that?

Can I ask why you think the disabled are so much less than you?

Was it when you hit your head really hard and had to go to the special school?
^^^
Perry triggered. :laugh: :rofl2: :laugh:

The irony, dumbass, is that you accuse me of mocking the disabled then you mock the disabled. This is how I know you have mental issues.

Back