Why is there something rather than nothing?

However, as a matter of fact, Heidegger did come to the view that nothing (and its close cousin, being) really were contradictory objects.17 As he says in his personal notes of 1936–1938, subsequently published as Beiträge zur Philosophie:

"Non-being as a mode of being: it is and yet is not. And likewise being: permeated with the ‘not’ and yet it is. Those who fancy themselves only too clever and immediately uncover a contradiction here, since indeed non-beings cannot ‘be’, are thinking in much too narrow way with their ‘non-contradiction’ as the measure of the essence of beings."

https://iai.tv/articles/nothing-the...t-of-being-graham-priest-auid-2675?_auid=2020

"Non-being as a mode of being: it is and yet is not. And likewise being: permeated with the ‘not’ and yet it is. Those who fancy themselves only too clever and immediately uncover a contradiction here, since indeed non-beings cannot ‘be’, are thinking in much too narrow way with their ‘non-contradiction’ as the measure of the essence of beings."
If there is a contradiction, it is FALSE, in both the narrowest sense of the value FALSE and in the broadest interpretation of FALSE.

How many definitions of "false" are there? By all means, display your knowledge of current logic.
FALSE is a value (which is why I write it in all upper case). It is a binary value equivalent to NOT TRUE, with TRUE being the other binary value and NOT being the negation operator.

Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

Yeah, that kind of a god sure is a needy god.

Here is your problem, you and the dunce you're responding to think God "needs" worship. BTW you and baby huey there are entirely free not to worship God. If God actually was needy he could have easily created him to do nothing but worship him but he didnt. Not to over state the obvious but as i said, youre dunces

Back