Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm scared of being beat up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm scared of the government

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I'm scared I won't be adequate without one

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
LMAO... Yeah, pretty soon, 1% will own 95% of all the guns and ammo and hippies will feel the need to camp out at NRA conventions and such. We'll see who wins THAT fight!!

If gun owners start shooting people for protesting, the police will win that fight.

Here are my reasons for wanting a gun:

1) exercising my 2nd amendment right. It's principle, and it's a reminder to always be vigilant against oppression.
2) I would love to have it to shoot people that were to attack me, or try to rob me etc. There is nothing that would please me more than putting a bullet in the head of a criminal
3) I like pissing off takers.

There are roughly 2 million military personnel and over 150 million gun owners. They don't have the manpower to contain a fully armed nation. WTF does a group of 100 nuts or so holed up in a compound have to do with the potential for the uprising of an entire nation? Oh, that's right. Nothing.

But there's only 1 of you.

Gun ownership is declining....all these guns and ammo are going to fewer and fewer people. The sales of guns are going to people with arsenals for the most part. States with lax gun laws have a higher incidence of police deaths as well. We aren't talking about hunters.

wrong, gun ownership has increased

Actually it might if the mass shootings continue.
We no longer need a citizen militia.
And that was the reason for the 2nd ammendment.

so the second amendment is only to allow the government or citizen militia to own guns?

LOL

you're nuttier than i thought for only wanting the government to have guns

The panty-pissers are even afraid to give their reasons for wanting a gun, apparently.

Oh my, people won't offer justifications for enjoying a constitutionally protected right? How dare they!

Ok, you want reasons?

I hunt. I hunt big game, small game, fowl, and varmints. Those all require different sorts of firearms.

I enjoy target shooting. I find the challenge of putting a single .22 caliber bullet in a small space at increasingly longer distances to be a great hobby.

I live in a rural area where the response times of law enforcement are rather long. I refuse to accept that my family must be a victim simply because of my address.

I live in a rural area and have pets. Raccoons, coyotes and feral dogs would love to make a meal of my wife's miniature dachund.

I live in a sparsely populated rural area. In times of disastors we are a lower priority for assistance. That means a greater threat of looters ect.

Nice hobby, if you can afford it.

What sort of fowl is hunted with a handgun or assault rifle?

I have hunted deer, squirrel, rabbit, and feral hogs with a handgun. I also had a rifle I used to hunt coyote that was a classic "assault rifle". It was accurate, in a good caliber, and offered quick followup shots in case I managed to call in more than one. I sold it after a couple of years, but it was a very good gun for removing a dangerous pest from my area.

I have hunted deer, squirrel, rabbit, and feral hogs with a handgun. I also had a rifle I used to hunt coyote that was a classic "assault rifle". It was accurate, in a good caliber, and offered quick followup shots in case I managed to call in more than one. I sold it after a couple of years, but it was a very good gun for removing a dangerous pest from my area.

Killing coyotes is retarded, that's a good way to get your ass kicked where I'm from.

It's mandatory in my city.

We grew up using coyotes to kill jack rabbits to stop 'em from eating our alfalfa fields, so too did most of the other ranchers in Norther Nevada/California - I've seen locals get their shit pushed in for killing coyotes.

If you're in a city I suppose, if you're in the suburbs then it's give and take - I would want some around to control some of the other species' populations from getting out of hand the way nature had originally intended...

Back