Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm scared of being beat up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm scared of the government

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I'm scared I won't be adequate without one

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
You gonna go hunting with a SCAR or an M-4?

Or an AR-15?

What makes it ill-suited to the task?

rifle.jpg

What makes it ill-suited to the task?

rifle.jpg

That's more suited to police and law enforcement than it is hunting - even small game...

Bushmaster's AR-15 is based off of Armalite's M4, which I've spent years not having one (Colt's version) more than an arm's length away...

I would take a Shilen DGV over Remington's R-15 any day of the week if the task at hand is hunting small game - if it's hunting people I'll take the R-15.

Killing coyotes is retarded, that's a good way to get your ass kicked where I'm from.

Congrats on where ever it is you live. But in the southeast they are an invasive species doing serious harm to the environment, killing pets and slaughtering small livestock. We shoot them every chance we get. Not only do I not get any threats of violence, I have been offered pay for what I do.

That's more suited to police and law enforcement than it is hunting - even small game...

Bushmaster's AR-15 is based off of Armalite's M4, which I've spent years not having one (Colt's version) more than an arm's length away...

I would take a Shilen DGV over Remington's R-15 any day of the week if the task at hand is hunting small game - if it's hunting people I'll take the R-15.

Your preference towards one thing does not preclude it from preforming superbly in other tasks. Especially when one considers that the AR15 can be configured in any imaginable way, it is ignorant to state that it is a poor choice for a hunter. Not that hunting should be the only, or even primary, reason to own a gun.

If you have $3,600 to drop on a varmint rifle (before you buy the scope), then go for the DGV. I picked up the Bushmaster for a little over $700 about 8 years ago, and probably spent another $250 getting it like I wanted it. It carried well, was not too heavy, was very accurate, and I had a few occasions to get two coyotes in one calling.

Your preference towards one thing does not preclude it from preforming superbly in other tasks. Especially when one considers that the AR15 can be configured in any imaginable way, it is ignorant to state that it is a poor choice for a hunter. Not that hunting should be the only, or even primary, reason to own a gun.

Just because you can use a rice cooker to heat up water doesn't mean you ought to. You could use a fuck'n SAW to hunt game, it doesn't mean you ought to.

For the money you can get a better rifle suited for hunting small game - I had a Howa .223 bolt action rifle when I was a teenager (I think I paid about five hundred bucks at the time), a great rabbit killing rifle from distance...

If you're gonna hunt small game, like tools, get the right one to do the job...

If you have $3,600 to drop on a varmint rifle (before you buy the scope), then go for the DGV. I picked up the Bushmaster for a little over $700 about 8 years ago, and probably spent another $250 getting it like I wanted it. It carried well, was not too heavy, was very accurate, and I had a few occasions to get two coyotes in one calling.

There're cheaper small game hunting rifles - you just spent almost a grand when you could've spent a few hundred bucks to do the same task without looking like a fuck'n asshole shooting rabbits or squirrels with an assault rifle knockoff.

Just because you can use a rice cooker to heat up water doesn't mean you ought to. You could use a fuck'n SAW to hunt game, it doesn't mean you ought to.

For the money you can get a better rifle suited for hunting small game - I had a Howa .223 bolt action rifle when I was a teenager (I think I paid about five hundred bucks at the time), a great rabbit killing rifle from distance...

I have the right tool for the job. If I am hunting rabbit or squirrel I use either a .22 rifle or a .22 pistol.

But for hunting coyote I needed a more specialized rifle. Yes, the bolt action rifle I have now does the trick. But I have never gotten a double with it. What I find alarming is that you think, because it "looks evil" that the AR is somehow more dangerous than the bolt action rifle. It is also alarming that you take that knowledge and try to regulate what law abiding citizens are allowed to own.

There're cheaper small game hunting rifles - you just spent almost a grand when you could've spent a few hundred bucks to do the same task without looking like a fuck'n asshole shooting rabbits or squirrels with an assault rifle knockoff.

Did I say anything, in any of these posts, about using an AR to shoot rabbits? No I did not. I own several guns. I used the "assault rifle" for hunting coyote. It had several characteristics that a gun bought for "...a few hundred bucks" would not have had.

Can you change a Howa 1500 from a varmint rifle to a home defense rifle to a big game rifle in 3 minutes?

I have the right tool for the job. If I am hunting rabbit or squirrel I use either a .22 rifle or a .22 pistol.

But for hunting coyote I needed a more specialized rifle. Yes, the bolt action rifle I have now does the trick. But I have never gotten a double with it. What I find alarming is that you think, because it "looks evil" that the AR is somehow more dangerous than the bolt action rifle. It is also alarming that you take that knowledge and try to regulate what law abiding citizens are allowed to own.

It's not that it looks evil, it's a god damned yahoo gun...a bitch rifle. I didn't post "looks evil," you just did though. If you want, I'll start writing your posts for you if you're gonna try and do the same for mine.

I spent years carrying an M4 everywhere I went...and I wasn't hunting rabbits or squirrels. You're using a rifle that was intended for law enforcement based off a design meant for the military to kill coyotes that you paid near a thousand dollars for when you could've spent half that for something more suitable for the task at hand.

Absolutely I'm in favor of regulating what weapons people should own, I don't care if you're the Pope, you don't need a fuck'n war pig to chase off a couple malnourished coyotes...my posit is clear, if you're a mentally challenged reject, out there in the far left or right field of the political spectrum, have a proclivity for beating the fuck out of your wife (or any domestic violence for that matter), get caught dealing drugs while carrying, or lack proficiency using a firearm (or even if you're fuck'n stupid, like Forrest Gump stupid) - then there's no reason whatsoever that you should be allowed to legally obtain a firearm.

It's not that it looks evil, it's a god damned yahoo gun...a bitch rifle. I didn't post "looks evil," you just did though. If you want, I'll start writing your posts for you if you're gonna try and do the same for mine.

I spent years carrying an M4 everywhere I went...and I wasn't hunting rabbits or squirrels. You're using a rifle that was intended for law enforcement based off a design meant for the military to kill coyotes that you paid near a thousand dollars for when you could've spent half that for something more suitable for the task at hand.

Absolutely I'm in favor of regulating what weapons people should own, I don't care if you're the Pope, you don't need a fuck'n war pig to chase off a couple malnourished coyotes...my posit is clear, if you're a mentally challenged reject, out there in the far left or right field of the political spectrum, have a proclivity for beating the fuck out of your wife (or any domestic violence for that matter), get caught dealing drugs while carrying, or lack proficiency using a firearm (or even if you're fuck'n stupid, like Forrest Gump stupid) - then there's no reason whatsoever that you should be allowed to legally obtain a firearm.

Perhaps where you are fromthe coyotes are malnurished. All but one of them I have killed have been very healthy animals. And for the last time, I have never hunted rabbits or squirrels with an AR. I'm sure that makes your posts look more impressive, but it is simply inaccurate. It is also why I felt I could make claims about what you said. You have posted 3 times about my using it to hunt rabbits.

If you will stick to facts I will do the same. Okey dokey?

Can you change a Howa 1500 from a varmint rifle to a home defense rifle to a big game rifle in 3 minutes?

Home defense? I live on a military base with armed guards checking I.D.'s at the gate, armed robbery isn't something I'm worried about.

I've got a few shotguns for hunting fowl in the garage though that would be more suitable for home defense than an AR-15...a Stoeger side-by-side stage gun that can disappear bunny rabbits pulling both triggers would do work on even the most savvy of armed robber brazen enough to break into my home unannounced.

What I can do with a Howa is kill small game, that's it's job.

Home defense? I live on a military base with armed guards checking I.D.'s at the gate, armed robbery isn't something I'm worried about.

I've got a few shotguns for hunting fowl in the garage though that would be more suitable for home defense than an AR-15...a Stoeger side-by-side stage gun that can disappear bunny rabbits pulling both triggers would do work on even the most savvy of armed robber brazen enough to break into my home unannounced.

And what I did with the Bushmaster rifle was kill coyotes. That was its job. In fact, since i could get doubles on occasion, I would say it did its job exceedingly well.

Perhaps where you are fromthe coyotes are malnurished. All but one of them I have killed have been very healthy animals. And for the last time, I have never hunted rabbits or squirrels with an AR. I'm sure that makes your posts look more impressive, but it is simply inaccurate. It is also why I felt I could make claims about what you said. You have posted 3 times about my using it to hunt rabbits.

If you will stick to facts I will do the same. Okey dokey?

So you're killing healthy coyotes then? For what purpose?

You're not stationed in J-Ville NC then.

I've got a few shotguns for hunting fowl in the garage though that would be more suitable for home defense than an AR-15
Not if you're concerned with over penetration.
a Stoeger side-by-side stage gun that can disappear bunny rabbits pulling both triggers would do work on even the most savvy of armed robber brazen enough to break into my home unannounced.
You eem to think that your situation is applicaple to all situations. It's not.

And if that is your only concern and the Howa meets your needs, based on your criteria, and your analysis, fine. But don't think that you are the only one who is right.

Back