Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

He said he gave up. He can't counter science and mathematics any longer.
I was hoping that he would be spending his time thoughtfully considering how ridiculous his Global Warming faith is, especially after the "gotcha" moment he experienced.

I think I'll be spending a lifetime "hoping". ;)

But now that he's been presented with the correct information in multiple different ways, the ball is now in his court as to whether or not he wants to accept the truth or continue accepting a religion that's based in physics denial.

Last edited:
In the way I can’t demonstrate the moon is not a floating ball of cheese,
Why can't you demonstrate the moon is not a floating ball of cheese?
Nvm... I answer my own question below.
I’m unable to dispute the criteria of climate change denial.
Of course you can't, because you are ill-equipped to do so. Your operating system can only run in accordance with how your programmers have programmed it.
I can disrespect the certainty you express favoring it, however. You proclaim it as if the overwhelming weight of scientific opinion is with you and not against you.
What, exactly, is "scientific opinion"? I've never heard of that before, so you're gonna have to teach me about it. What, exactly, differentiates a "scientific opinion" from an opinion?
Oh, that's right, it's just a stupid buzzword that's a part of your programming. Can't wait for the new buzzword that's included in the next software update! ;)

I was hoping that he would be spending his time thoughtfully considering how ridiculous his Global Warming faith is, especially after the "gotcha" moment he experienced.

I think I'll be spending a lifetime "hoping". ;)

But now that he's been presented with the correct information in multiple different ways, the ball is now in his court as to whether or not he wants to accept the truth or continue accepting a religion that's based in physics denial.

I don't think he's reconsidering. Fundamentalists rarely do. They just sort of wander off when confronted with that kind of evidence against his religion.

I was confronted by a fundamentalist Christian trying to 'save me' (even though I am Christian) since I was in Las Vegas at the time (sin city?). He was using a megaphone which made it all the more irritating. I just spoke some Japanese to him and he quickly wandered away to find another victim.

Soon afterward he got into a heated argument with both an atheist and a Catholic at the same time. It was hilarious to watch! He couldn't justify his religion to either of them, weak as their arguments were!

In the way I can’t demonstrate the moon is not a floating ball of cheese, I’m unable to dispute the criteria of climate change denial.
You're babbling. No one asked you to demonstrate anything. Providing a rational basis is sufficient.

The claim of "Climate Change denial" is a "shifting of burden" fallacy. He who makes the affirmative claim bears the full burden to support that claim, and no one is somehow required to prove the otherwise unsupported claim FALSE. If you are affirmatively claiming Climate Change then you bear the full burden to support your claim ... so get to it. If you are admitting that you can't possibly support your claim because you recognize that it is a WACKY Marxist religion based on HATRED and intolerance, then I feel your pain. Oh well. It sucks to be you.

You proclaim it as if the overwhelming weight of scientific opinion is with you and not against you.
Nope. That is not what I claim. In fact, subjective opinion has no role in science, and there is no such thing as "scientific opinion." You are confusing science with religion, because you are scientifically illiterate and don't even know what science is. If you are embarrassed, well, you should be.

At least now you know why your religion is all but dead.

You're babbling. No one asked you to demonstrate anything. Providing a rational basis is sufficient.

The claim of "Climate Change denial" is a "shifting of burden" fallacy. He who makes the affirmative claim bears the full burden to support that claim, and no one is somehow required to prove the otherwise unsupported claim FALSE. If you are affirmatively claiming Climate Change then you bear the full burden to support your claim ... so get to it. If you are admitting that you can't possibly support your claim because you recognize that it is a WACKY Marxist religion based on HATRED and intolerance, then I feel your pain. Oh well. It sucks to be you.

Nope. That is not what I claim. In fact, subjective opinion has no role in science, and there is no such thing as "scientific opinion." You are confusing science with religion, because you are scientifically illiterate and don't even know what science is. If you are embarrassed, well, you should be.

At least now you know why your religion is all but dead.

Well, that explains it. I tried answering a guy who believes the world of science, at least an important part of it, has been overtaken by a ”WACKY Marxist religion”.

Well, that explains it. I tried answering a guy who believes the world of science, at least an important part of it, has been overtaken by a ”WACKY Marxist religion”.
What is the "world of science" as opposed to science?

You still seem to be speaking out of your butt...

He said he gave up. He can't counter science and mathematics any longer.

Copying and pasting equations and laws of science, that you don't truly understand and can't apply, isn't providing me anything to counter. Neither is making declarations (I listed about 10) that you can't back up. I've wasted more than enough of my time.

It's not a question of "evidence" and it's not a subjective matter of speculation. Instead of demanding that math be explained to you as though you are the professor grading the exam, you should be listening to the people who are correcting your gross misunderstandings and who are providing you the correct answers free of charge.

Quantity: If you have one thermometer covering a particular area (or sample one data point for a particular value field) then the other values within that area/field can be expected to differ more greatly the further away they are from the thermometer/sample. The temperatures/values most physically distant be expected to differ the most and will carry the highest error margins, typically on the order of N[sup]2[/sup]. Normally an average of the standard deviations will serve as a measurement's/sample's margin of error.

... but ... if you add a second thermometer/data point for a given area/field, you reduce the distance points are to the thermometer/sample and thus you reduce the margin of error for that area/field to roughly the square root[sup]*[/sup] of the previous value, i.e. additional points reduce the margin of error. A reduced quantity of points, however, correspondingly increases the average distance and thus increases the error margin.

Location: If your thermometers are not evenly spaced, you get spatial bias. If your thermometers are clumped in one area, the error is reduced around the clump of thermometers but is increased over a larger area, i.e. the highest margin of error occurs over the largest area.

Example:
Thermometer set A has three thermometers, evenly spaced, with each covering an area 12 km[sup]2[/sup].
Thermometer set B has three thermometers, unevenly distributed, one covering 9 km[sup]2[/sup], one covering 12 km[sup]2[/sup] and one covering 15 km[sup]2[/sup].

Assume expected temperature gradients in this region of only one degree Celsius per kilometer.

Set A will have a margin of error of +/-3C for each partition, and will thus have a +/-3C for the entire 36 km[sup]2[/sup].
Set B will have three different error margins: +/-2.25C for 9 km[sup]2[/sup], +/-3C for 12 km[sup]2[/sup] and +/-3.75C for 15 km[sup]2[/sup], for an error margin of +/-3.125C over the entire 36 km[sup]2[/sup].

Ergo, +/-3C vs. +/-3.125C ... and this is using an unrealistically small temperature gradient over a very small area (size of Rosamond lake bed).

[sup]*[/sup] - the "square root" is to help you visualize only and is not intended to serve as any sort of rule for calculation.

Your post falls into the same category as what I mentioned above. The work being done on global temperatures is not only being done in the US. Other countries are doing the same research in our finding the same results. The data, research and results are all audited and peer reviewed. Do you really think that you and the other two climate change deniers have discovered things that no scientists around the world has considered or taken into account? Is that really what you believe? Do you believe that spacing and number of temperature stations was not considered as part of the research? Do you think that no scientist doing the research or doing the peer reviews is aware of the laws of thermodynamics? Is that really what you believe?

"Breaking news! Three posters on justplainpolitics.com have unraveled the truth about climate change!":laugh:

Last edited:

Science is not a 'world'. Science is not religion. Science has no religion or politics. Science is not overtaken by anything.

The Church of Global Warming routinely denies theories of science, including the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

Copying and pasting equations and laws of science, that you don't truly understand and can't apply, isn't providing me anything to counter. Neither is making declarations (I listed about 10) that you can't back up. I've wasted more than enough of my time.

There is no 'apply'. You are discarding the theories themselves (and their equations).
I don't need to prove mathematics or science to you. You just want to deny them. Burden fallacy.

Your post falls into the same category as what I mentioned above.
What? That you deny mathematics and theories of science?
The work being done on global temperatures
There is no work being done on global temperature. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
is not only being done in the US.
The US government cannot measure the temperature of the Earth.
Other countries are doing the same research in our finding the same results.
No other nation can measure the temperature of the Earth.
The data,
There is no data.
Neither mathematics nor science is 'research' or a 'study'.
and results
There are no results.
are all audited and peer reviewed.
Neither mathematics nor science use consensus. There is no voting bloc in either mathematics or science.
Do you really think that you and the other two climate change deniers
Climate cannot change. You are denying climate again.
have discovered things that no scientists around the world has considered or taken into account?
You don't get to speak for all scientists. Ominscience fallacy.
Is that really what you believe? Do you believe that spacing and number of temperature stations was not considered as part of the research?
Mathematics is not a 'research' or 'study'.

Thermometers are NOT uniformly spaced. They are located in population centers and along roads. They must be serviced.
You still do not understand statistical mathematics, probability mathematics, or random number mathematics. I am not going to write a math book for you on JPP. I do not have to prove mathematics.
Do you think that no scientist doing the research
Science isn't a 'research' or 'study'. You don't get to speak for all scientists. Omniscience fallacy.
or doing the peer reviews
Neither science nor mathematics use consensus. There is no voting bloc in either.
is aware of the laws of thermodynamics?
You cannot vote the laws of thermodynamics away.
"Breaking news! Three posters on justplainpolitics.com have unraveled the truth about climate change!"

Climate cannot change. There is no truth about any buzzword. Buzzwords are meaningless.

Lol.....nice to see you adding to your list of unsupported claims and what may be an even longer list of strawmen!

Science is not a 'world'. Science is not religion. Science has no religion or politics. Science is not overtaken by anything.

The Church of Global Warming routinely denies theories of science, including the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

Why don't you take a minute, and tell us everything you know about climate?

For Fuck's Sake! Take two minutes if you need the extra time! :laugh:

Copying and pasting equations and laws of science, that you don't truly understand and can't apply, isn't providing me anything to counter.
You packed this well, and much unpacking will be required:
* Into the Night did not copy-paste anything. He understands the science he is trying to teach you and, as such, it is easy for him to recite off the top of his head.
* You don't get to declare that Into the Night doesn't understand the science that you don't understand. Your attempted excuse for denying science is rejected.
* All science applies always to nature; your claim is absurd that Into the Night somehow cannot "apply" the science that he is trying to teach you.
* This is not the first time, nor the second, that the applicability of science has been explained to you. You willfully avoid learning lest your faith be put in jeopardy.
* You aren't expected to counter science; you are expected to learn it, and to stop repeating the same cycle of physics violations ad infinitum.
* If anyone has "wasted time" it would be whoever tried to teach you science.

It's not a question of "evidence" and it's not a subjective matter of speculation. Instead of demanding that math be explained to you as though you are the professor grading the exam, you should be listening to the people who are correcting your gross misunderstandings and who are providing you the correct answers free of charge.

Quantity: If you have one thermometer covering a particular area (or sample one data point for a particular value field) then the other values within that area/field can be expected to differ more greatly the further away they are from the thermometer/sample. The temperatures/values most physically distant be expected to differ the most and will carry the highest error margins, typically on the order of N[sup]2[/sup]. Normally an average of the standard deviations will serve as a measurement's/sample's margin of error.

... but ... if you add a second thermometer/data point for a given area/field, you reduce the distance points are to the thermometer/sample and thus you reduce the margin of error for that area/field to roughly the square root[sup]*[/sup] of the previous value, i.e. additional points reduce the margin of error. A reduced quantity of points, however, correspondingly increases the average distance and thus increases the error margin.

Location: If your thermometers are not evenly spaced, you get spatial bias. If your thermometers are clumped in one area, the error is reduced around the clump of thermometers but........
Your post falls into the same category as what I mentioned above. The work being done on global temperatures is not only being done in the US. Other countries are doing the same research in our finding the same results. The data, research and results are all audited and peer reviewed. Do you really think that you and the other two climate change deniers have discovered things that no scientists around the world has considered or taken into account? Is that really what you believe? Do you believe that spacing and number of temperature stations was not considered as part of the research? Do you think that no scientist doing the research or doing the peer reviews is aware of the laws of thermodynamics? Is that really what you believe?

"Breaking news! Three posters on justplainpolitics.com have unraveled the truth about climate change!":laugh:

Yah, I didn't think so.

Last edited:
Yah, I didn't think so.
You say this as though you have made some sort of cogent point by asking your stupid question. In review, you are scientifically illiterate and mathematically incompetent. You apparently don't even know the difference between science and mathematics. Previously, you pretended that you somehow spoke for all the scientists in the world and insisted that all scientists somehow believe in your weird cycle of physics violations. That was a simple matter to debunk, although your scientific illiteracy renders you unable to fully understand the explanation. One has to wonder, however, why you ever believed that you somehow speak for "scientists" in the first place. Now, in your inability to distinguish science from math, you are claiming that all scientists believe in a math error. This too is a simple matter to debunk, but owing to your mathematical incompetence, you are not able to understand this explanation either.

The work being done on global temperatures is not only being done in the US.
There is no work being done on "global temperatures." One has to wonder why you believe that there is. Are you claiming to speak for this set of imaginary people doing this imaginary work?

Other countries are doing the same research in our finding the same results.
There are no "results." There are no countries doing any such work. Are you claiming to speak for these unspecified "countries"?

The data, research and results are all audited and peer reviewed.
ZenMode Error: You mentioned "peer reviewed." This leftist buzzword gets your argument summarily dismissed. "Peer Reviewed" has nothing to do with science; it's a publishing term, and you know this.

On top of this, there isn't any "The Data," nor is there any scientifically valid research, and as mentioned above, there are no "results." This entire topic is one of statistical mathematics. The fact that you believe it is a matter of science is your problem. In all of this, you are describing hopeless attempts to calculate the earth's average global equilibrium temperature to within a usable accuracy (statistical mathematics) because such is not possible given humanity's current means (technology + resources). This is why nobody is doing any of the work you preposterously claim is being done.

Just out of curiosity, and for a few laughs, ... who do you imagine is somehow "auditing" anything ... and are they "auditing" the imaginary work being performed by the unspecified "countries" or the imaginary "results" from the imaginary "research." What form does this "auditing" take? Is it a guy in a lab coat and a clipboard who says "Nope, do it over!"

Do you really think that you and the other two climate change deniers have discovered things that no scientists around the world has considered or taken into account?
This is all you have, i.e. the pretense that math is somehow science, and that you somehow speak for the world's thmart perthonth.

Considering just how important this topic is to you, have you ever considered how much of your own confusion you could eliminate by taking a few courses of statistical mathematics at a local community college? Of course it will completely obliterate your Global Warming faith, but you will be FREE from your mental enslavement! Your religion is a shitty one and you really should ditch it the first opportunity that presents itself, and some statistical math courses would go a long way in that effort.

Do you believe that spacing and number of temperature stations was not considered as part of the research?
No offense is intended, but I understand that you are particularly uneducated. You lack academic acumen and are desperate to be a thmart perthon. You do everything humanly possible to role play a thuper-thmart thientitht because you believe that is the only way anyone will give you any respect. I also understand your chagrin when you encounter educated people who recognize that you haven't the vaguest clue about what you speak and that you adopted a religion that promised to transform you into a thuper-thmart thientitht just by BELIEVING what you were told to believe without question.

As such, the answer to your question is that no, you never "considered" spatial bias, temporal bias or any other error-inducing factor because you don't have any grasp of statistical mathematics. You were warned of the dangers of pretending to speak with authority on topics of mathematics when you are incompetent across the board. You, nonetheless felt that preserving your faith was of a higher priority and that perhaps you could circumvent all the mathematics by pretending that math is science.

Would you like to know how you fared in that regard?

Do you think that no scientist doing the research or doing the peer reviews is aware of the laws of thermodynamics?
I am aware that you don't understand the laws of thermodynamics, and you only speak for yourself.

"Breaking news! Three posters on justplainpolitics.com have unraveled the truth about climate change!"
... and are providing you all the correct answers for free. An occasional thank you would be nice.

Back