yipeee 100 $ a barrel oil

Cypress your a retarded cartoon style believer if you think we went to war to make oil expensive.:clink:

that's a mischaracterization of what I said.

Its well documented that if sanctions were lifted, Saddam might well have traded iraqi oil in euros, pressured OPEC to allow Iraq to massively raise production (OPEC was kind of screwing Iraq on production quotas), and Saddam may well have developed relationships with alleged adversaries of the United States - like China and Russia - in terms of their strategic petroleum reserves.

IF we went to war to keep oil expensive as you say, how would sadam controlling Kuwaits oil not be more expensive than if he's booted out?

that's a mischaracterization of what I said.

Its well documented that if sanctions were lifted, Saddam might well have traded iraqi oil in euros, pressured OPEC to allow Iraq to massively raise production (OPEC was kind of screwing Iraq on production quotas), and Saddam may well have developed relationships with alleged adversaries of the United States - like China and Russia - in terms of their strategic petroleum reserves.

People who are willing to lie about others are willing to lie about themselves.

IF we went to war to keep oil expensive as you say, how would sadam controlling Kuwaits oil not be more expensive than if he's booted out?

The Kuwaiti royal family is someone we can trust. Someone who will do our bidding. Someone who will keep trading oil in dollars, and keep production at levels (and prices) that are beneficial to us, both at the consumer end, and the corporate profitablity end.. The "sweet spot", if you will

Saddam was a wild card. He was sitting on the planets second richest oil reserves, most of which haven't even been touched yet. Topspin, the U.S. doesn't like wildcards. We like to have influence and control. Especially over a vital natural resource like oil. No way, were we going to let saddam trade oil in euros, invite the chinese to come in, and boost production massively.

A tag from someone as limmited in life as you topy means next to nothing.

When that "money" you claim to make finnaly fills up the void in your soul let us know MMkay?

I really wish you had the insight to understand just how pathetic you make yourself look daily.

It's always the people without any money that claim money can't buy happiness--- I've never heard a rich person say anything of the sort.

Profitability.

Yes, on an individual year to year basis, oil companies aren't as profitable as a number of other industries.

In the long term, over the course of decades however, the oil industry (probably along with banking and pharmecueticals) is the most profitable industry in the history of mankind. Their product is so valuable, and is the conerstone of the world economy, that decade after decade, they can and always have counted on good to excellent profitability.

That's why the oil, banking, and pharmeceutical lobbies are so powerful and so entrenched. And that's why the GOP (and to a lesser extent the Dems) cater to them, and formulate public policy to benefit them.

It's always the people without any money that claim money can't buy happiness--- I've never heard a rich person say anything of the sort.

I have enough money gonz. Im worth nearly a million right now.

If you really think money is going to make you happy you are a real fool.

I have enough money gonz. Im worth nearly a million right now.

If you really think money is going to make you happy you are a real fool.

LOL, let him be naive. Unhappy rich people are common but often times they think more money will bring them more happiness. Instead it just brings them more responsibility.

So lawyers and lawyers groups are evil ?

But the Oil industry are saints?

Lawyers include judges, state lawmakers, prosicutors and people working to defend the laws of our country like the ACLU.

The Oil industry is nothing but a big line of very wealthy people looking to get wealthier.

So lawyers and lawyers groups are evil ?

But the Oil industry are saints?

Lawyers include judges, state lawmakers, prosicutors and people working to defend the laws of our country like the ACLU.

The Oil industry is nothing but a big line of very wealthy people looking to get wealthier.

Liars (I mean lawyers) are nothing but a big line of very wealthy people looking to get wealthier.

I never said the oil industry was saints desh. Just that the trial lawyers give FAR more money in bribes to politicians than the oil industry. I wonder why?

I do note that you have yet to answer my question on profitability. Why do you bitch about the oil industry being profitable and not GE? or Dell? Or Google? etc...

Back