12-year-old Rhode Island boy suspended for bringing 2-inch gun keychain

I have read four of your posts, I may be in love!

Good luck with that :). I'm mostly on the Democrat and liberal side of the fence.

But people dont often realize that folks on both sides can't be pigeon-holed according to some partisan agenda or inflammatory talking points.

Last edited:
heres a thought for you fools.

some kids don't know what real guns look like.

they could mistake a fake for a real or visa versa.

You can threaten a child with a fake gun no matte how fake.

this is to protect kids

They sure do know what keychains look like, Desh. And no, you cannot threaten a kid with a gun no matter how fake. Kids aren't as stupid as you try to make us believe now, nor would you argue that they are that stupid with regularity on any other topic.

You've now gotten to the point that you are pretending that kids are all so very much more stupid than you are, which is an incredible stretch, that they would be fooled by what you know to be a keychain. It's absolutely bug-friggin' nuts to believe what you propound in this thread. We have to throw out millions of years of evolution to get to the level that your argument would possibly convince anybody at all.

Because the kids could hurt or threaten each other huh?

did you really think it was ONLY to protect the staff?

Now if a seven year old has never seen a gun can he be fooled by another kid into giving up his lunch money?

um yeah.

fake guns of any kind don't belong in schools

The policy is perfectly sound.

you are just a pack of insane gun nuts

So then you are done attempting to justify it? Because you couldnt support your argument that I saw....you just quit with the excuse that everyone else is wrong.

So then you are done attempting to justify it? Because you couldnt support your argument that I saw....you just quit with the excuse that everyone else is wrong.

read my posts in this thread and get back to me with the truth

you don't think things through.

why do they NOT want guns in schools carried by the kids?

This isn't even slightly part of that question, Desh. Why don't they want keychains carried by kids in the schools is what you should be asking.

That he was even considered for punishment at all shows an astounding level of stupidity in the rule that can only be overcome by the level of stupidity of somebody claiming that kids are so much stupider than you are that they would be fooled by a keychain into feeling somehow threatened. What if they made a finger gun? What if it was a keychain lightsabre?

Do you ever read your words out loud so you can know what they sound like when they hit the air? You might try it sometime, you might know why people laugh at you.

hey tell me what is to be gained by allowing toy or real guns in schools?

what is the upside in your opinion?

This isn't even slightly part of that question, Desh. Why don't they want keychains carried by kids in the schools is what you should be asking.

That he was even considered for punishment at all shows an astounding level of stupidity in the rule that can only be overcome by the level of stupidity of somebody claiming that kids are so much stupider than you are that they would be fooled by a keychain into feeling somehow threatened. What if they made a finger gun? What if it was a keychain lightsabre?

Do you ever read your words out loud so you can know what they sound like when they hit the air? You might try it sometime, you might know why people laugh at you.

why are you pretending it was keychains that were banned?

why are you pretending it was keychains that were banned?
Because it was a keychain that got him suspended. Why are you pretending that the keychain was an actual gun or that you bleieve that 12 year olds are so stupid they would never recognize a keychain when they saw it?

Now if a seven year old has never seen a gun can he be fooled by another kid into giving up his lunch money?

um yeah.

fake guns of any kind don't belong in schools

OH NOS; it's a borg invasion

UTST48lg.jpg

Now if a seven year old has never seen a real borg can he be fooled by another kid into being assimilated?

um yeah.

fake borgs of any kind don't belong in schools

hey tell me what is to be gained by allowing toy or real guns in schools?

what is the upside in your opinion?

Where did I say that they should be?

I was discussing the stupidity of a zero tolerance policy that punishes a child for bringing a keychain in the image of a gun to school.

So the upside is getting rid of zero tolerance policies and having administrators able to and responsible for enforcing reasonable policies to fit actual circumstances to better serve the school kids.

Back