30 "American" Versions Of Foods That Gross Out Non-Americans

Why don't you order one or two, you'll be glad you did. Anyway, started looking and found several places here that do pasties, pies, Aussie lamb, beef including skirt.
Skirt steak is almost my favorite cut...I have a standing order with two butcher shops here....

Why don't you order one or two, you'll be glad you did. Anyway, started looking and found several places here that do pasties, pies, Aussie lamb, beef including skirt.

I am trying to lose the weight I gained while being sidelined from some of my activities. And that after being cooped up all winter. This China flu is not helping!

Yeh I'll give you that one I do it but apparently it's verboten in Japan. My son lives in Tokyo and confirmed that.

this is a bit of a sore spot for me. Maybe if I had fresh wasabi or soy that doesn't come from a bottle -

I also find it ridiculous eating a salad with chopsticks as well. Sushi - yes - it maintains the dexterity but mankind can improve on tools - and people are just being anal eating everything with a stick

My brother was stationing in Japan for a good while, he claims most locals also do it - just not at fancy restaurants

Yeh I'll give you that one I do it but apparently it's verboten in Japan. My son lives in Tokyo and confirmed that.
Most wasabi here isn't real anyway...but never should be combined with soy sauce even if it's fake...lol

Most wasabi here isn't real anyway...but never should be combined with soy sauce even if it's fake...lol

Japanese restaurants here have real wasabi and it will blow a hole in roof of your mouth, powerful stuff. I am hoping to go to Tokyo when the restrictions are lifted.

What a total bullshit article.

In Japan they eat raw fish eyeballs.

In Europe they eat every kind of disgusting animal organ you can imagine.

In some foreign countries they actually eat animal FAT smeared on bread like butter.

In Great Britain, their most popular dishes seem like things that probably began with "I dare you to eat this..."

But the author of this garbage is trying to say tacos, hot dogs wrapped in biscuit dough and croissant sandwiches are considered "gross"???

Puh - LEASE.

And re: #8... I have NEVER seen ANYONE dump plain, unseasoned tomato sauce on pasta. A jar of Ragu or Prego or some other ALREADY SEASONED sauce? Sure. But to claim that Americans just open up cans of plain, unflavored tomato sauce and dump it on spaghetti is just a big, fat lie.

What a desperate attempt to get something published on a website.

BuzzFeed should pull that embarrassing piece of crap down and tell the author to go peddle their nonsense somewhere else.

What a total bullshit article.

In Japan they eat raw fish eyeballs.

In Europe they eat every kind of disgusting animal organ you can imagine.

In some foreign countries they actually eat animal FAT smeared on bread like butter.

In Great Britain, their most popular dishes seem like things that probably began with "I dare you to eat this..."

But the author of this garbage is trying to say tacos, hot dogs wrapped in biscuit dough and croissant sandwiches are considered "gross"???

Puh - LEASE.

And re: #8... I have NEVER seen ANYONE dump plain, unseasoned tomato sauce on pasta. A jar of Ragu or Prego or some other ALREADY SEASONED sauce? Sure. But to claim that Americans just open up cans of plain, unflavored tomato sauce and dump it on spaghetti is just a big, fat lie.

What a desperate attempt to get something published on a website.

BuzzFeed should pull that embarrassing piece of crap down and tell the author to go peddle their nonsense somewhere else.

You never to prove that you're ginormous cockwomble at every opportunity.

American food that's gross... Cracklin' bread. That's gross.

IMG_9290.JPG

This is non-sweet cornbread with lumps of lard or grease cooked into it. It is utterly disgusting. It is also a favorite in the deep South.

Back