APP - A presidential funeral...

That was not my point. Those are your words, not mine.

I do not belive that the size or presidentalness or caliber of people who attend are a measure of the man. I never argued such and have never belived such. I merely pointed out that I felt Kennedy's funeral was "better funeral than Reagan or Ford..."

and that while I feel the guy is a hero such a funeral was was "unexpected" by me!

ROFLMAO.... you didn't expect the people of MA to gush over a Kennedy?

LMAO... spin Jarod... spin... spin .... spin....

No matter how much you spin it, it is quite apparent that you were gushing about Kennedy have a 'better' funeral, because people stopped the procession and there were huge crowds 'showing how much he was loved' blah blah blah.....

Then it was pointed out to you that Reagans funeral (whose funeral you stated was not as good as Kennedy's) encompassed 7 days with all sorts of foreign dignitaries and current and former US government leaders etc...

Depends on what you mean by "better" but I agree that in many ways I feel Kennedy got a better funeral than Regan and Ford. Do I consider that evidence that he was a better person? NO!

Now, you can argue with me that Reagans funeral was better than Kennedy's, I am happy to discuss that. Hell, my memory might be flawed on that point, maybe you can show me that I was wrong, but thats not what Dramo and I are going around about.

Or they can read what you said and then laugh as other people note that you were simply ridiculous. It has nothing to do with emotion and everything to do with what you used to measure this as "Presidential"...

Is the level of Presidentialness a measure of how good the dead person is?

Depends on what you mean by "better" but I agree that in many ways I feel Kennedy got a better funeral than Regan and Ford. Do I consider that evidence that he was a better person? NO!

Now, you can argue with me that Reagans funeral was better than Kennedy's, I am happy to discuss that. Hell, my memory might be flawed on that point, maybe you can show me that I was wrong, but thats not what Dramo and I are going around about.

I already showed you that you were wrong on that. It was that and Damo's comments about MJ's funeral that got you to reverse course into 'the size of the funeral doesn't matter'....

Is the level of Presidentialness a measure of how good the dead person is?
Your measure was the funeral and the attendees. We are discussing that.

The measure of Presidential is made by the person actually being President. And believe me, had he been President the funeral would have been impressive indeed.

I already showed you that you were wrong on that. It was that and Damo's comments about MJ's funeral that got you to reverse course into 'the size of the funeral doesn't matter'....
Well MJ's funeral was very "Presidential" if we use Jarod's measure that he used at the beginning of the thread and is now trying to spin out of.

Your measure was the funeral and the attendees. We are discussing that.

The measure of Presidential is made by the person actually being President. And believe me, had he been President the funeral would have been impressive indeed.

I said that a funeral and its attendees is a measure of how good the person was?

I said that a funeral and its attendees is a measure of how good the person was?
You did, and you said that the funeral itself was "Presidential"... You used the attendees as the example, and the numbers of people who "stopped the procession" as the reason.

You, sir, are again creating your own weather pattern.

Seriously, for somebody who was Senator for so long the funeral was very quickly done. I think it was to keep protesters at bay.

You did, and you said that the funeral itself was "Presidential"... You used the attendees as the example, and the numbers of people who "stopped the procession" as the reason.

You, sir, are again creating your own weather pattern.

Seriously, for somebody who was Senator for so long the funeral was very quickly done. I think it was to keep protesters at bay.

WHERE DID I SAY THAT A FUNERAL AND ITS ATTENDEES IS A MEASURE OF HOW GOOD THE PERSON WAS?

Was that just something you made up? Was it a lie? Come on, this is not at all like you!

If I said it, show me where!

I did say it was presidental and the attendees is an illistration of what was presidental about it... I have no problem with that, to me it was!

WHERE DID I SAY THAT A FUNERAL AND ITS ATTENDEES IS A MEASURE OF HOW GOOD THE PERSON WAS?

Was that just something you made up? Was it a lie? Come on, this is not at all like you!

If I said it, show me where!

I did say it was presidental and the attendees is an illistration of what was presidental about it... I have no problem with that, to me it was!
It is implicit in your post, quit being deliberately obtuse, especially about your own meaning.

It is implicit in your post, quit being deliberately obtuse, especially about your own meaning.

Okay, so now that you have devined meaning that I never intended, you are claiming it was implicit.

Your interpertation to what I said, not mine!

Okay, so now that you have devined meaning that I never intended, you are claiming it was implicit.

Your interpertation to what I said, not mine!
Please, you intended us to think the funeral was magnificent because it was as you described it, with many people and crying conservative Senator in attendance.

I ascertained what you intended to mean from what you said, you later tried to wriggle out of it because it was pointed out that the funeral in question wasn't "Presidential" at all and paled in comparison to other funerals even of some people with less caliber...

No, clearly I ment what I said, not what you want to say the implicaton was!

What a load of crap... it most certainly was implicit in what you stated.

You compared Kennedy's funeral to that of two Presidents.

You then gushed at the 'large crowds' and 'how they stopped the procession' and 'it must be a reflection of how much they were loved' etc....

Now you spew forth this 'I didn't mean it that way'?

What a load of crap... it most certainly was implicit in what you stated.

You compared Kennedy's funeral to that of two Presidents.

You then gushed at the 'large crowds' and 'how they stopped the procession' and 'it must be a reflection of how much they were loved' etc....

Now you spew forth this 'I didn't mean it that way'?

I never said a large procession was the measure of a man. Your words, not mine!

Expected from you, pittafull from Dramo as he clearly is better than that!

I never said a large procession was the measure of a man. Your words, not mine!

Expected from you, pittafull from Dramo as he clearly is better than that!

Like I stated Jarod, your words are plain for everyone to see. Now matter how much you try to spin this, it will not change that.

Ah yes, the adoring masses. And those masses were shown the love by Rose Kennedy Schlossberg...

For us, the "little people":

[youtube]U5a7yYXnxmc&NR=1[/youtube]

Back