A Real Christian

Capitalism hugely increases wealth for those on top. It tends to strip it away from everyone else.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, certainly, but in evolutionary terms it produces the wealth that when we take control will provide us all with comfortable lives.

Yes, certainly, but in evolutionary terms it produces the wealth that when we take control will provide us all with comfortable lives.

The trick is to spread that wealth around so that most ppl have comfortable lives. When you have a huge income disparity -- with a few super wealthy, a few more pretty wealthy, and the rest struggling -- and no means to peacefully fix that, you have a situation ripe for unrest, crime, even revolution.

The trick is to spread that wealth around so that most ppl have comfortable lives. When you have a huge income disparity -- with a few super wealthy, a few more pretty wealthy, and the rest struggling -- and no means to peacefully fix that, you have a situation ripe for unrest, crime, even revolution.

Cue-the Beatles -Revolution!

You have hug income disparity because you have true skill disparity. If those with low skills want a better income, let them better their skills. If they can't or won't, tough shit. If they struggle, tough shit. What one person earned is not something another person has a right to have.

Let the lazy pieces of shit revolt. They won't like the result.

Thanks, JPP, for the lovely Xmas gift of Ignore List. lol

Today, 11:21 AM
CFM
Verified Loser

This message is hidden because CFM is on your ignore list.

How to know you're desirable, special, amazing, intelligent, witty, and wonderful: An idiot replies to one of your posts. You inform idiot that he is on ignore. Idiot continues to reply to your posts.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How to know you're desirable, special, amazing, intelligent, witty, and wonderful: An idiot replies to one of your posts. You inform idiot that he is on ignore. Idiot continues to reply to your posts.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How do you know that someone is a coward and obeys her superiors: She is commanded to show her weakness as a person and she follows orders to the letter.

I command you again, cunt. Show you're a weakling and a coward.

For the record, I know I'm on ignore. For the record, I know you can't read it. Therefore, for the record, everyone else that sees you respond knows the truth about you.

Interesting read.

"A newly discovered painting in a remote cave depicts a hunting scene, and it's the oldest story that has been recorded. And if Griffith University archaeologist Maxime Aubert and his colleagues are right, it could also be the first record of spiritual belief—and our first insight into what the makers of cave art were thinking."

https://arstechnica.com/science/201...e-painting-is-the-oldest-story-ever-recorded/

The painting itself is breathtaking. Can you imagine -- nearly 45,000 years old?

ZTay0kv.jpg

Interesting read.

"A newly discovered painting in a remote cave depicts a hunting scene, and it's the oldest story that has been recorded. And if Griffith University archaeologist Maxime Aubert and his colleagues are right, it could also be the first record of spiritual belief—and our first insight into what the makers of cave art were thinking."

https://arstechnica.com/science/201...e-painting-is-the-oldest-story-ever-recorded/

The painting itself is breathtaking. Can you imagine -- nearly 45,000 years old?

ZTay0kv.jpg

Outstanding.

After I saw that Werner Herzog documentary about the cave paintings in France, I realized that these prehistoric people were skillfully creating real art. Not just doodles on cave walls.

One of the greatest mysteries we face in evolutionary science, in my opinion, is when and how archaic homo sapiens went from being upright-walking but relatively primitive primates, to actually beginning to show cognition and ability to think abstractly.

Interesting read.

ZTay0kv.jpg

Outstanding.

After I saw that Werner Herzog documentary about the cave paintings in France, I realized that these prehistoric people were skillfully creating real art. Not just doodles on cave walls.

One of the greatest mysteries we face in evolutionary science, in my opinion, is why, when, and how archaic homo sapiens went from being upright-walking but relatively primitive primates, to actually beginning to show cognition and ability to think abstractly.

Outstanding.
One of the greatest mysteries we face in evolutionary science, in my opinion, is when and how archaic homo sapiens went from being upright-walking but relatively primitive primates, to actually beginning to show cognition and ability to think abstractly.

We used to say tool-making and using marked our superior cognition, but science has shown that many animals -- even birds -- make and/or use tools. Is it language? No, many species other than h. sapiens use language to communicate. It's not emotions -- other lifeforms share our feelings of anger, love, fear, disgust, dislike, joy. Is it play? Most pet ppl know that animals enjoy play.*

So what makes us different, or "superior"?

We used to say tool-making and using marked our superior cognition, but science has shown that many animals -- even birds -- make and/or use tools. Is it language? No, many species other than h. sapiens use language to communicate. It's not emotions -- other lifeforms share our feelings of anger, love, fear, disgust, dislike, joy. Is it play? Most pet ppl know that animals enjoy play.*

So what makes us different, or "superior"?

In the grand scheme of life I do not think we are superior. I think one attribute unique to us is the ability to think purely abstractly, manifested as art, language, writing

I would like to know why language and art seemed to develop around 50 to 60 thousand years ago and why there us no archeological record before that. Maybe we just have not found it yet. Homo sapiens have been around for at least 200, 000 years. Why the sudden burst in thinking in abstraction, as in cave art?

In the grand scheme of life I do not think we are superior. I think one attribute unique to us is the ability to think purely abstractly, manifested as art, language, writing

I would like to know why language and art seemed to develop around 50 to 60 thousand years ago and why there us no archeological record before that. Maybe we just have not found it yet. Homo sapiens have been around for at least 200, 000 years. Why the sudden burst in thinking in abstraction, as in cave art?

What lit that spark? And what happened here, as well?

"The world's oldest stone tools have been discovered, scientists report.

"They were unearthed from the shores of Lake Turkana in Kenya, and date to 3.3 million years ago.

"They are 700,000 years older than any tools found before, even pre-dating the earliest humans in the Homo genus.

"The find, reported in Nature, suggests that more ancient species, such as Australopithecus afarensis or Kenyanthropus platyops, may have been more sophisticated than was thought.

""They are significantly earlier than anything that has been found previously," said Dr Nick Taylor, from the National Centre of Scientific Research (CNRS) in France and the University of Leiden in the Netherlands.

""It's really quite astonishing to think what separates the previous oldest site and this site is 700,000 years of time. It's monumental.""

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-32804177

Who were these pre-human people? What happened to them? Are any of their descendants still among us?

You could spend a whole nuther lifetime learning about this stuff.

Outstanding.

When man went from being a mere primate animal.
To a fusion of a Spirit and an primate animal in the Garden of Eden!
Holy Toledo!

What lit that spark? And what happened here, as well?

"The world's oldest stone tools have been discovered, scientists report.

"They were unearthed from the shores of Lake Turkana in Kenya, and date to 3.3 million years ago.

"They are 700,000 years older than any tools found before, even pre-dating the earliest humans in the Homo genus.

"The find, reported in Nature, suggests that more ancient species, such as Australopithecus afarensis or Kenyanthropus platyops, may have been more sophisticated than was thought.

""They are significantly earlier than anything that has been found previously," said Dr Nick Taylor, from the National Centre of Scientific Research (CNRS) in France and the University of Leiden in the Netherlands.

""It's really quite astonishing to think what separates the previous oldest site and this site is 700,000 years of time. It's monumental.""

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-32804177

Who were these pre-human people? What happened to them? Are any of their descendants still among us?

You could spend a whole nuther lifetime learning about this stuff.
Interesting. I did not realize the Austalapithecenes were tool makers . I had learned tool making began with our genus, specifically Homo Habils, but that theory is clearly superseded by this new intel.

Our connections to the Austalapithecenes is nebulous" but they are certainly a related revolutionary side branch sourced from a common primate ancestor with us.

Thanks for the science update!

In my opinion it is because the rightwing fundamentalist jihadists know very little about Christian theology, and virtually nothing about the history of Christiananity. I have seen inumerable examples on this board of agnostics and Catholics having to explain Christian theology and Christian history to self identified Bible thumpers who imagine they are pious and informed Christians

Certainly not the kind of attitude Mr. Rogers would have about any group if he believed "...that you are loved just the way you are..."

Back