AK Gandy the (Banned) has anyone seen or heard him around anywhere???

My recall was different of him. I knew a lot of the same railroad people he knew. I found him very credible. My husband worked for the railroad in Fairbanks, and I had many friends from Anchorage whose family worked for the railroad. Did the run between Healy and Anchorage.

I never thought he made up anything up either... I think lots of ppl disliked him(coming back to me now) because he would brag & boast about stuff, material things like his truck, trailer etc...

My recall was different of him. I knew a lot of the same railroad people he knew. I found him very credible. My husband worked for the railroad in Fairbanks, and I had many friends from Anchorage whose family worked for the railroad. Did the run between Healy and Anchorage.

The problem with Gandy, was that he was an obnoxious braggart and blowhard.

Dork Soul reminds me of him. Always running his mouth about how "successful" he considered himself to be.

Making $75k a year as a DOT rail inspector isn't a bad gig, but it's nothing to march around waving a flag and yelling "Look at me everybody!!!l"

I knew sales account reps in the exhibit industry who made substantially more than that and hardly did anything but fly around the country staying in nice hotels and taking clients out to nice restaurants on the company expense account.

I never thought he made up anything up either... I think lots of ppl disliked him(coming back to me now) because he would brag & boast about stuff, material things like his truck, trailer etc...
Omg, I just remembered all that. Remember when Trinn-fast talked about the plastic deer he had on his lawn? :laugh:

Yeah, he was very insecure and tried to impress people.

Dork Soul reminds me of him. Always running his mouth about how "successful" he considered himself to be.

Making $75k a year as a DOT rail inspector isn't a bad gig, but it's nothing to march around waving a flag and yelling "Look at me everybody!!!l"

I knew sales account reps in the exhibit industry who made substantially more than that and hardly did anything but fly around the country staying in nice hotels and taking clients out to nice restaurants on the company expense account.

:laugh: :laugh:

Getting banned from here will have you questioning if you should even want to return here in the first place.

Given a full week to think about it, I can understand it if some people just say, "No- I won't go there again"!

The main reason is- if your are banned here- it always seems to comes from some kind of double standard.

I suppose Forum rules must only apply to some, as some contributors are totally immune to getting banned for doing the same things other people get banned for everyday.

Amen!And you do your time,but it's held against you the next time.

That and the "exotic" places he travelled to and played golf at.

Like the Kentucky Derby and Key West. Whoopee shit.

The worst part was that he claimed people were jealous of him.

Plus, he'd troll and brag about his "gorgeous" wife. Hey, I'm happy when a man considers his wife to be beautiful even if she really isn't by traditional standards. But rubbing it in everyone's face then, when he posted pics of her, seeing that she was just an average looking older woman wearing semi-expensive clothes, just made him look like an idiot and a jerk.

Plus, he'd troll and brag about his "gorgeous" wife. Hey, I'm happy when a man considers his wife to be beautiful even if she really isn't by traditional standards. But rubbing it in everyone's face then, when he posted pics of her, seeing that she was just an average looking older woman wearing semi-expensive clothes, just made him look like an idiot and a jerk.
That is too funny and so true.

Hilarious. :laugh:

And he posted pics of inside his home which showed, in my opinion, a rather tacky decor. Then the plastic deer on the lawn. He lived here and then moved to the Villages.

Not that I know of, but he has posted on prob 100 or more boards.....

Shortly after his wife passed he seems to have been banned into oblivion..
Just before DC Junkies went down, Gandy's wife passed. I had a few private discussions with him, and I doubt he wastes much time on message boards now. He might have made a post or two here, but not much more.

Omg, I just remembered all that. Remember when Trinn-fast talked about the plastic deer he had on his lawn? :laugh:

lol, I remember that.... Now where are my shoes..???:thinking:

I remember I saw that, was in his front lawn, under a tree nice yard.. I think his neighbors hated it??

I only know he was kind to me.

Gandy was retired from the rail job. He lived with his wife on a golf course in Fla. I don't remember him talking about his pension, but $75k sounds like a nice piece of change in retirement.

His wife was pretty well off.

I got to be pretty friendly with Gandy after a rough start. When he first showed up at Junkies, he would criticize everyone for not being cordial to each other. Within months, he was m'fing Minty, and I always felt compelled to remind him about his 'holier than thou' attitude when he first got there.

Yea, forgot about that too.. Kinda sad & pathetic... I tried to get him to stop posting picts of her, I think I finally convinced him to stop but not in a nice way..

From what I recall he was using her pict to provoke ppl to attack her/family... That is pretty low, putting your wife's pict on the internet so others can bash it..:palm:

That is too funny and so true.

Hilarious. :laugh:

And he posted pics of inside his home which showed, in my opinion, a rather tacky decor. Then the plastic deer on the lawn. He lived here and then moved to the Villages.

I don't remember seein the inside of the house, only the outside, but I recall picts of his 5th wheel parked some place nice..

I had to remind Gandy that I got a royalty any time someone used the term 'Trinn-fast' ;).

I remember him posting pix only when people would challenge his claims about living the good life in retirement. He had some pretty nice digs.

I don't remember comments about her looks, but he always claimed that he 'married up'.

I think it made him a man who thought his wife was gorgeous. He always spoke very highly of her. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Back