AK Gandy the (Banned) has anyone seen or heard him around anywhere???

Gandy was retired from the rail job. He lived with his wife on a golf course in Fla. I don't remember him talking about his pension, but $75k sounds like a nice piece of change in retirement.

His wife was pretty well off.

I got to be pretty friendly with Gandy after a rough start. When he first showed up at Junkies, he would criticize everyone for not being cordial to each other. Within months, he was m'fing Minty, and I always felt compelled to remind him about his 'holier than thou' attitude when he first got there.

He was retired from his old rail job, but when he was at DCJ, he was working for FDOT as a rail inspector. I looked him up on the state's employee information page that showed his title and salary.

I'm sure he was doing pretty well, but I've known people who made more than him and didn't go around rubbing people's faces in it.

He was a low class rube.

I think it made him a man who thought his wife was gorgeous. He always spoke very highly of her. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That's fine, but when you use your wife as a means to troll other people and tell them how jealous they are of you, she'd better look like a swimsuit model or something.

I never thought he made up anything up either... I think lots of ppl disliked him(coming back to me now) because he would brag & boast about stuff, material things like his truck, trailer etc...

I thought him to be proud of his life. It may not have been much to others, but he felt like a king. Rare is the man of meager possessions that thinks himself rich.

I had to remind Gandy that I got a royalty any time someone used the term 'Trinn-fast' ;).

I remember him posting pix only when people would challenge his claims about living the good life in retirement. He had some pretty nice digs.

They weren't that special. Typical one story ranch style Florida house. I think back then the appraised value was under $250k.

I don't remember comments about her looks, but he always claimed that he 'married up'.

Yeah, in age. She was about 6 or 7 years older than him.

I had to remind Gandy that I got a royalty any time someone used the term 'Trinn-fast' ;).

I remember him posting pix only when people would challenge his claims about living the good life in retirement. He had some pretty nice digs.
Your creation of "Trinn-fast" was one of the funniest and most creative things I've ever seen. :laugh:

She would become manic and crazy over Gandy and I told her to ignore it. She took all this stuff so seriously and used to call me and Old Mercs on the telephone obsessing over it. I wonder if she is still all over the net on those big boards she started posting on?

I thought him to be proud of his life. It may not have been much to others, but he felt like a king. Rare is the man of meager possessions that thinks himself rich.
That made her passing so much more of a tragedy. I remember being surprised at the pix he posted of himself/her, especially when dealing with the crew at a message board. To each his/her own I suppose.

He was retired from his old rail job, but when he was at DCJ, he was working for FDOT as a rail inspector. I looked him up on the state's employee information page that showed his title and salary.

I'm sure he was doing pretty well, but I've known people who made more than him and didn't go around rubbing people's faces in it.

He was a low class rube.

The railroad he retired from was federal and their pensions and benefits are to be envied.

Maybe, she did in his eyes.

Again, beside the point.

If you have any class at all, you don't post pictures of your wife on a shit-flinging political forum while telling everyone how jealous they are of you.

If you and he were friends, that's cool, I understand why you'd take up for him.

But to most people he was an obnoxious, boastful, braggart shit head.

That made her passing so much more of a tragedy. I remember being surprised at the pix he posted of himself/her, especially when dealing with the crew at a message board. To each his/her own I suppose.
Yes, he really crashed. I felt very sorry for him.

Look, you weren't there. He did exactly what Nomad is saying. He used his wife as troll bait to bait people into saying things about her and starting fights.

People with real money don't need a bullhorn, people know. A jar full of coins makes no noise, but a jar with only one coin makes a whole lotta noise.

Your creation of "Trinn-fast" was one of the funniest and most creative things I've ever seen. :laugh:

She would become manic and crazy over Gandy and I told her to ignore it. She took all this stuff so seriously and used to call me and Old Mercs on the telephone obsessing over it. I wonder if she is still all over the net on those big boards she started posting on?
We all had a session for a few days when she posted a fake story about some drug lords invading Arizona. She went off about 'nobody is reporting this'.

It got down and dirty, and weight issues came into the discussion. I remember she posted a picture of herself from behind, wearing jeans. It was meant to stop the fat jokes.

Trinn-fast was a natural progression. It really stuck.

We all had a session for a few days when she posted a fake story about some drug lords invading Arizona. She went off about 'nobody is reporting this'.

It got down and dirty, and weight issues came into the discussion. I remember she posted a picture of herself from behind, wearing jeans. It was meant to stop the fat jokes.

Trinn-fast was a natural progression. It really stuck.
I remember it so well. The name was brilliant, truly. A take off on Slim-fast. :rofl2:

Again, beside the point.

If you have any class at all, you don't post pictures of your wife on a shit-flinging political forum while telling everyone how jealous they are of you.

If you and he were friends, that's cool, I understand why you'd take up for him.

But to most people he was an obnoxious, boastful, braggart shit head.
Yes. As previously mentioned, I found a way to get along with him. My first impression was the same as yours, but I ignored a lot of that. I'm not frustrated in life (not saying you are), and I was happy for him.

I just thought he was a message board novice, posting such personal info/pix. Or he just didn't care about who knew his shit?

They weren't that special. Typical one story ranch style Florida house. I think back then the appraised value was under $250k.

Yeah, in age. She was about 6 or 7 years older than him.
My sister and her husband are multimillionaires, they live in a simple ranch home in FL, it’s in a retirement community and I think appraised at $165,000 in Vero. They love it there. It doesn’t take much to be happy. They live very frugally. You’d never know they were as rich as they are.

Look, you weren't there. He did exactly what Nomad is saying. He used his wife as troll bait to bait people into saying things about her and starting fights.

People with real money don't need a bullhorn, people know. A jar full of coins makes no noise, but a jar with only one coin makes a whole lotta noise.

Exactly. :thup:

Back