Alec Baldwin Sues ‘Rust’ Armorer and Crew for Giving Him a Loaded Gun

It was a modern Italian made Pietta reproduction of a Colt SA Army revolver. It was not in "poor condition."

Consider this:

1. The crew used the gun to play a game of "plinking".
2. They returned it to the prop table, not cleaning it up and probably didn't notify the prop master (I cannot recall that).
3. Points 1 and 2 demonstrates that it will reduce the quality and condition of said gun.
4. The prop master gave it to someone (IIRC) and that person told them it was safe to use.
5. BANG!

Consider this:

1. The crew used the gun to play a game of "plinking".
2. They returned it to the prop table, not cleaning it up and probably didn't notify the prop master (I cannot recall that).
3. Points 1 and 2 demonstrates that it will reduce the quality and condition of said gun.
4. The prop master gave it to someone (IIRC) and that person told them it was safe to use.
5. BANG!

1. Possible.
2. Possible.
3. Impossible.
4. Speculation..
5. Not without fully cocking the hammer and pulling the trigger.

1. Possible.
2. Possible.
3. Impossible.
4. Speculation..
5. Not without fully cocking the hammer and pulling the trigger.

Well yeah but that is what was reported.

It would be odd for the prop master not to be aware that the gun wasn't properly taken care of. Yes the person is responsible to check and double and triple check the gun regardless, however it seems odd that the gun would be returned and that person wasn't aware.

There is a theory that the gun was planted which is possible.

It would be odd for the prop master not to be aware that the gun wasn't properly taken care of. Yes the person is responsible to check and double and triple check the gun regardless, however it seems odd that the gun would be returned and that person wasn't aware.

There is also the wee matter that this gun was important to the film, so even though it was low budget the owner was paid a pretty something for the short term rental.

This gun was almost certainly well looked after by the owner.

Which brings us back to the fact that that Pietta reproduction revolver would not fire without the hammer being fully cocked and the trigger pulled.

Which brings us back to the fact that that Pietta reproduction revolver would not fire without the hammer being fully cocked and the trigger pulled.

Well you and I both have no idea exactly what happened. While speculating, creating expert theories and such may be fun, at the end it's pointless.

I do not think Alec was responsible for it. It's a tragic accident to be sure, but to point fingers at people involved doesn't help.

There is also the wee matter that this gun was important to the film, so even though it was low budget the owner was paid a pretty something for the short term rental.

This gun was almost certainly well looked after by the owner.

Could be. If the report is true about the game of plinking, why would they do such a thing? It's dumb.

Well you and I both have no idea exactly what happened. While speculating, creating expert theories and such may be fun, at the end it's pointless.

I do not think Alec was responsible for it. It's a tragic accident to be sure, but to point fingers at people involved doesn't help.

We know exactly what happened. Baldwin pointed and pulled the trigger of a reproduction of a Colt Single Action revolver at the camera.

He lied. He pulled the trigger. He did not check if it was loaded with blanks or live rounds. That is the first rule of safe gun handling.
Plinking with (no matter how many rounds on that set) that reproduction revolver could not have worn out the case hardened firing mechanism.

We know exactly what happened. Baldwin pointed and pulled the trigger of a reproduction of a Colt Single Action revolver at the camera.

He lied. He pulled the trigger. He did not check if it was loaded with blanks or live rounds. That is the first rule of safe gun handling.
Plinking with (no matter how many rounds on that set) that reproduction revolver could not have worn out the case hardened firing mechanism.

That is your opinion.

The fact remains that Halyna told him to practice the "cross draw" and point it at the camera.

That is indisputable.

That is your opinion.

The fact remains that Halyna told him to practice the "cross draw" and point it at the camera.

That is indisputable.

My opinion comes from personal knowledge of my own single action revolvers (I own 4. 2 Colts, and 2 modern single actions)...

Practicing the "cross draw" (do you even know what that is?) is done without the hammer cocked or your finger on the trigger.

My opinion comes from personal knowledge of my own single action revolvers (I own 4. 2 Colts, and 2 modern single actions)...

Practicing the "cross draw" (do you even know what that is?) is done without the hammer cocked or your finger on the trigger.

Um I already knew about the cross draw.

It makes perfect sense because the gun can be swung too hard to the right from the holster.

Fantastic!

If it's swung too far to the right, he wouldn't have hit the woman and the camera operator.

Back