Amazon Tavern

:thup: to Mr. Owl.

You asked about BBQ in the now closed Tiki thread. There are a lot of BBQ places here, so many I can't even count.

Lucky! I sure wish we had at least one good one here. It's just not a northern thing. I make ribs sometimes and have the neighbors over. They're always amazed at them, done in the St. Louis style.

Read the last few pages of the Tiki,thread,starting with Grumpy,saying to stop the nice thread stuff!
Then you tell me!

Well (scratching head) I said something about anybody going to watch 'State of Hate', and that I was going to eat Jambalaya (from the Deli). Then Bill said he was going to eat 'Red Beans and Rice' (a staple down here). Which is kind of funny. In SoCal, I never ate rice, except "Rice a Roni, the San Francisco Treat". See, Bill lives near San Francisco but is eating New Orleans food.

Well (scratching head) I said something about anybody going to watch 'State of Hate', and that I was going to eat Jambalaya (from the Deli). Then Bill said he was going to eat 'Red Beans and Rice' (a staple down here). Which is kind of funny. In SoCal, I never ate rice, except "Rice a Roni, the San Francisco Treat". See, Bill lives near San Francisco but is eating New Orleans food.

I always wanted to try Jambalaya,but don't you have to go to New Orleans to get the real stuff?
You didn't eat rice?No Chinese Restaurant in Southern California?

I always wanted to try Jambalaya,but don't you have to go to New Orleans to get the real stuff?
You didn't eat rice?No Chinese Restaurant in Southern California?

Mason: "I always wanted to try Jambalaya,but don't you have to go to New Orleans to get the real stuff?"
Jack: :) No. It's pretty common around here. South Louisiana has lots of rice fields.
(fyi: I pronounce it like it is spelled, with a 'Jam'. down here it is pronounced 'Jum'. Like: Jumbalaya. my kids make fun of me)

Mason: "You didn't eat rice?No Chinese Restaurant in Southern California?"
Jack: Rice wasn't part of my diet at home. Rice would come out of a box. Like a Tablespoon, or 2 Tablespoons.

Mason: "I always wanted to try Jambalaya,but don't you have to go to New Orleans to get the real stuff?"
Jack: :) No. It's pretty common around here. South Louisiana has lots of rice fields.
(fyi: I pronounce it like it is spelled, with a 'Jam'. down here it is pronounced 'Jum'. Like: Jumbalaya. my kids make fun of me)

Mason: "You didn't eat rice?No Chinese Restaurant in Southern California?"
Jack: Rice wasn't part of my diet at home. Rice would come out of a box. Like a Tablespoon, or 2 Tablespoons.

Here in Ohio,Jambalaya isn't on the menu.
I never had grits either.
Although farther south is a restaurant famous for its pies,and fried baloney!

:) My first experience with grits was down here too. Eggs, sausage, grits is common.

But, back to Question #1. Has Grumpy given a reason? Will TOP be joining us? Will you lift the Amazon Tavern Ban on USF, ... or do you fear he will fuck up the Tavern too?

Who are these Bastards we need to ignore???
(I thought me bringing up a 'political question' may have gave everyone a heart attack)

Nope, that wasn't it. You might as well stop playing Mr. Innocent, Jack.

In another post you asked if Top will post here. That's up to her. She's been invited multiple times. Why don't you encourage her to post here as well?

R.I.P.

"The Tiki Room."
A place for old JPP posters and new (Amazon immigrants) posters can come to have discussions on a wide range of topics in a civil manner.

(almost made a thousand)

They have a few Cajun cuisine places in STL. Mr. Owl likes it, me not at all. But I have tried jambalaya and gumbo both. Tried. Did not like.

Fried bologna? Blech!!!!

In another post you asked if Top will post here. That's up to her. She's been invited multiple times. Why don't you encourage her to post here as well?

I encourage 'Free Expression', and discourage 'thread bans'. I've requested Mason (and The Committee) to lift the Tavern bans on USF and Yurt.
I just noticed 'Tomcat' has a 'ban'. NOT really a 'Welcome' for Red Team or TOPICWAQ.
(maybe YOU could encourage Mason and The Committee to open their heart, be inclusive, show Mercy, and 'Welcome the Stranger'?)

:) My first experience with grits was down here too. Eggs, sausage, grits is common.

But, back to Question #1. Has Grumpy given a reason? Will TOP be joining us? Will you lift the Amazon Tavern Ban on USF, ... or do you fear he will fuck up the Tavern too?

USF will never be here,Top was invited here many times.

They have a few Cajun cuisine places in STL. Mr. Owl likes it, me not at all. But I have tried jambalaya and gumbo both. Tried. Did not like.

Fried bologna? Blech!!!!

I love fried bologna!Has to be the right brand prefer garlic baloney!

Back