Amazon Tavern

Someone posted this on FB today and for some reason :rolleyes: it resonated.

EiBrYdR.jpg

Not too shabby at all. The weather's been nice -- a bit too dry -- but not too hot either. Are you and Matt doing anything for the 4th?

OH, good! Glad to hear it! It finally got into the 80's here today. Phew! LOL! Not used to it. We are going to see the fireworks for the 4th and make some hot dogs, I think.

OH, good! Glad to hear it! It finally got into the 80's here today. Phew! LOL! Not used to it. We are going to see the fireworks for the 4th and make some hot dogs, I think.

Do you have a/c, I hope? We're having neighbors over, going to grill some burgers and hang out on the deck.

Do you have a/c, I hope? We're having neighbors over, going to grill some burgers and hang out on the deck.

We don't, but we do have fans. Our saving grace are the shade trees, too. The water is still chilly, so we should have a sea breeze soon.

Oh, that sounds like fun!

We don't, but we do have fans. Our saving grace are the shade trees, too. The water is still chilly, so we should have a sea breeze soon.

Oh, that sounds like fun!

The on-shore breeze is the thing that saves us, too. Our high is usually around noon, then the on-shores kick in and it cools down pretty quickly. It hit 82F today but is currently 70F. How close are you to the shore?

The on-shore breeze is the thing that saves us, too. Our high is usually around noon, then the on-shores kick in and it cools down pretty quickly. It hit 82F today but is currently 70F. How close are you to the shore?

That sea breeze saves us every day, too. The water temps are still in the 50's. I am not more than a mile from the water in most directions. I can sometimes smell when the tide's out! LOL! P.U.

That sea breeze saves us every day, too. The water temps are still in the 50's. I am not more than a mile from the water in most directions. I can sometimes smell when the tide's out! LOL! P.U.

Oh yeah, that stinks, doesn't it? I remember that from Florida. Our water temps here are still 38-42F so the Lake is basically a giant swamp cooler when we get those lovely on-shore breezes! Mr. Owl just ordered a portable a/c to put in the master bedroom. That should make sleeping a bit more comfortable!

Are you going to watch the Trumpy EgoExtravaganza tomorrow? :laugh:

Oh yeah, that stinks, doesn't it? I remember that from Florida. Our water temps here are still 38-42F so the Lake is basically a giant swamp cooler when we get those lovely on-shore breezes! Mr. Owl just ordered a portable a/c to put in the master bedroom. That should make sleeping a bit more comfortable!

Are you going to watch the Trumpy EgoExtravaganza tomorrow? :laugh:

It does, but it does remind me that it will be cooler later on. LOL!

Oh, dear Lord! :laugh: I am sure that I will be forced to watch it if Hawkeye catches wind of flags being in it! Matthew does NOT miss a trick. We're going to pick up some stuff tomorrow, so if I am strategic enough...

It does, but it does remind me that it will be cooler later on. LOL!

Oh, dear Lord! :laugh: I am sure that I will be forced to watch it if Hawkeye catches wind of flags being in it! Matthew does NOT miss a trick. We're going to pick up some stuff tomorrow, so if I am strategic enough...

He likes flags?

Back